Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? (1148 Views)

Questions You Can Ask In An Interview / A Friend Got This Message To Come For An Interview Can Someone Verify It For Me / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? by lukaino(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
please people, is it allowed to hold a piece of paper on which you have prepared some bullet points for use during an interview?
Must we always speak extempore? Does holding a little paper take anything away from your presentation?
Kindly share your experiences.
Re: Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? by macdelene(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
lukaino:
please people, is it allowed to hold a piece of paper on which you have prepared some bullet points for use during an interview?
Must we always speak extempore? Does holding a little paper take anything away from your presentation?
Kindly share your experiences.

lol. as in expo? grin. that no be for school e end? what kind of questions are you going to be asked that will warrant you carrying a micro chip?
remember there are some many answers to one question during a verbal interview. and you also know for a presentation you can go with a breakdown of the topic you are trying to analyze
Re: Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? by lukaino(m): 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
take for instance a regular question like tell me about yourself. You know it is an opportunity to sell yourself. To do it in an organised way, you need to put down your points in well laid out manner to ensure that you touch on all your areas of strengths.
if you are not this organised, and bearing in mind that anxiety could set in, you might make a watery presentation leaving out your core competencies.
Re: Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? by engrsyer(m): 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2015

BRB. Make I go piss
Re: Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? by sholay2011(m): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
In an interview, it is WRONG! An interview is supposed to be conversational, not mechanical...where while you're 'prepared', you still aren't sure of whatever questions would be thrown at you. So, holding a piece of paper while you're being asked 'tell us about yourself' is not right. That means you can't even sell yourself without 'a paper in hand'? Not cool.

Now if it's a presentation, it's a different case.
Re: Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? by watchthisposter(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
sholay2011:
In an interview, it is WRONG! An interview is supposed to be conversational, not mechanical...where while you're 'prepared', you still aren't sure of whatever questions would be thrown at you. So, holding a piece of paper while you're being asked 'tell us about yourself' is not right. That means you can't even sell yourself without 'a paper in hand'? Not cool.

Now if it's a presentation, it's a different case.

I'm sorry for hunting you down here sad

But please I need DRAGNET past questions for my KPMG test this weekend

If you can rustle them up, do a brother a solid and forward them to sleonstyle@yahoo.com

God bless you

Sorry for the temporary derail folks
Re: Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? by Benjom(m): 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
Absolutely wrong
Re: Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 21, 2015
Too much chukuli SMH

(1) (Reply)

BGC NG Interview Invite / Field Agents Needed (calabar, Akwa Ibom And Asaba)urgently At Boldwrist Nigeria / Dispatch Rider Needed(Lekki/Ajah Environs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.