Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? (738 Views)

Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Anywhere In Nigeria / 8 Factors To Consider Before Buying Land To Build Your Home / The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Specifically in Ibadan and in developing/less developed areas like Elebu, Olodo and Akobo.

What are the standard agents fees and is it negotiable?

How much are Survey fees?

What other costs are involved?

Thanks.
Re: What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? by Sankabson(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
Actually it depends on the individual(Agent) You're dealing with and also the total amount Sir. But normally it's between 5-10% and very Negotiable.

For my company,we bill 5%below.

There's no more hidden charges again, Once You've cleared all the necessary Docs Sir.
Re: What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Thank you.

This is inline with what my Lawyer told me.

Though not your area of work but do you know how much a survey costs for a plot?
Re: What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? by Sankabson(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
I have no ideas Sir, but that should depends on the Area he's working for You Sir. And also Your negotiating skills.
Re: What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
Sankabson:
I have no ideas Sir, but that should depends on the Area he's working for You Sir. And also Your negotiating skills.

Do you have an Architect and a Surveyor that you've worked with and can recommend to me?
Re: What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? by Sankabson(m): 11:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
Of course Sir. I will mail You the contact first thing tomorrow when I get to Office Sir.
Re: What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? by uboma(m): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2015
CityNG:
Specifically in Ibadan and in developing/less developed areas like Elebu, Olodo and Akobo.

What are the standard agents fees and is it negotiable?

How much are Survey fees?

What other costs are involved?

Thanks.

The surveyor fees will also depend on the size of the plot in question. Try and get a reliable contact from the govt agency in charge of lands in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Other Costs Invovled In Buying Land? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2015
uboma:

The surveyor fees will also depend on the size of the plot in question. Try and get a reliable contact from the govt agency in charge of lands in Ibadan.

Excellent idea, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

50 Acres Land For Sale Behind Punch Newspaper, Magboro, Price ₦13,000,000 / Mini Flat Needed For Rent / Tastefully 3bedroom Flat To Let @ Ajumobi Estate In Agidigbin Ikeja Up Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.