Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,411 members, 7,830,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2346501 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (1111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
kokorita:
Hi jay. The way he travelled. Can you explain deep on that. Because am suprised they will tick that. I just feel they are not fully convinced about his trip. Or him not showing full reason why he wants to travel for an official conference with his wife. It's not a tourizm visa.

Overstayed visas, fake visas, fake entry/exit stamps, misused previous visas, etc all could fall into this category....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
sacredhearts:
Can anyone who has applied for canadian visit visa lately please tell me how much it cost? Where and how to pay and where the application center is in lagos? Urgent please

As at 15th of Feb, I paid #43,970... So it should still be same... Payment is made at the VFS office during application verification process, the VFS is located at ikate, d second round about after Lekki phase one before Jakande
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kenniei:

As at 15th of Feb, I paid #43,970... So it should still be same... Payment is made at the VFS office during application verification process, the VFS is located at ikate, d second round about after Lekki phase one before Jakande

Thanks boss, I really appreciate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iguita: 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
Thank you oga boss. I think I agree with Kokorita though. I am supposed to be sponsored on the trip but was yet to get the sponsorship letter. The organization had also not sent the name of the hotel we will stay in Toronto. The same organization sponsored all of my previous trips and I put that proof in my application. I plan to reapply before the end of the week though.
jayfierce:
I believe they ticked "Travel History". This doesn't mean that you haven't travelled. It could mean that they have issues with the way you travelled.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
@ igu. you can re apply and correct all your mistakes. Also will you be reapplying alone or with your wife. grin.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
iguita,pls when did you apply so we can get a sense of how long your application took and was it paper based
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iguita: 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
I applied Feb 7th. It took a month and yes, it was paper application.
Anonymoushack:
iguita,pls when did you apply so we can get a sense of how long your application took and was it paper based
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mimikoko: 11:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good evening, I'm trying to pay for visa fee using my card for online tourist visa application and its been telling me 'card declined' despite the account being funded. Please did anyone have any similar experience?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 2:18am On Mar 08, 2017
A friend and his family just got their visa approved.
It took exactly 2 months for online application in Abuja.

They submitted the below

Hotel booking
Flight booking
Travel history (attached all previous visas and passports) to France USA UK and Dubai
Bank statement of 4m for family of 4
Marriage certificate
In the letter of explanation he added his employers reference letter, employment letters, promotion letters. Here he also added landed property documents

I think that's all. I know because I helped him do the scanning and attaching to his profile (he is not very friendly with the computer grin)

He was nonchalant with his application. Hr didn't add travel itinerary, children's birth certificates. I guess his documents were sufficient enough

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:07am On Mar 08, 2017
mimikoko:
Good evening, I'm trying to pay for visa fee using my card for online tourist visa application and its been telling me 'card declined' despite the account being funded. Please did anyone have any similar experience?
What type of card did you use? Dollar or Naira?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 7:36am On Mar 08, 2017
Please I want to ask. Is Abuja application treated in Abuja. Or Lagos Because I noticed Abuja applications are treated faster. Then Lagos ... shocked
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:46am On Mar 08, 2017
kokorita:
Hi jay. The way he travelled. Can you explain deep on that. Because am suprised they will tick that. I just feel they are not fully convinced about his trip. Or him not showing full reason why he wants to travel for an official conference with his wife. It's not a tourizm visa.
iguita:
Thank you oga boss. I think I agree with Kokorita though. I am supposed to be sponsored on the trip but was yet to get the sponsorship letter. The organization had also not sent the name of the hotel we will stay in Toronto. The same organization sponsored all of my previous trips and I put that proof in my application. I plan to reapply before the end of the week though.
What you just talked about is futuristic and falls under "Purpose of Visit". Travel history talks about past trips. Since purpose of visit is not ticked I have to believe that its because of a past event e.g. you "needlessly" traveling with your wife for past business conferences.

Getting a Canadian Visa is not sheer luck or an act of random occurrence. It's all about purpose and proper planning. I thought you head the operations of the organization in Nigeria? Why didn't you push for the documents before applying?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iguita: 7:58am On Mar 08, 2017
I did push for the documents, but the stress of organizing the conference was too much. And I was weary of the 120 application days. Anyways, I have the documents now.
jayfierce:
What you just talked about is futuristic and falls under "Purpose of Visit". Travel history talks about past trips. Since purpose of visit is not ticked I have to believe that its because of a past event e.g. you "needlessly" traveling with your wife for past business conferences.

Getting a Canadian Visa is not sheer luck or an act of random occurrence. It's all about purpose and proper planning. I thought you head the operations of the organization in Nigeria? Why didn't you push for the documents before applying?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
iguita:
I did push for the documents, but the stress of organizing the conference was too much. And I was weary of the 120 application days. Anyways, I have the documents now.

This time in your application, ensure you give detailed explanations on your PURPOSE OF VISIT and TRAVEL HISTORY, also try to convince the VO that all document are authentic and verifiable. Try as much as you can to defend your previous reason(s) for refusal. You can explain each of your previous trips and tell the VO that never on any of the trips did you violate any immigration rule/law neither did you stayed beyond the period you were permitted to stay. I think you should also apply with your wife only if she is included in the sponsorship letter and letter of reference from the organization. If she is not and you really want to apply with her, explain why you want her to accompany you on the trip and that you will bear the expenses for her travel even though she has the capacity to bear any of her travel expenses and include documents that will back her financial/economic Ties as well.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good everyone, wanna ask a question. My friend applied for a visiting visa with her husband who is the main applicate. They applied for their visiting visa in February . But no response yet. She plans to resign in May because she has no time to take care of her children. She's a banker. Her fears are if she resigns in May will it affect her application or will she get a response before May. Or will the Canada VO contact her bank. They did paper route. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
kokorita:
Good everyone, wanna ask a question. My friend applied for a visiting visa with her husband who is the main applicate. They applied for their visiting visa in February . But no response yet. She plans to resign in May because she has no time to take care of her children. She's a banker. Her fears are if she resigns in May will it affect her application or will she get a response before May. Or will the Canada VO contact her bank. They did paper route. Thanks

I feel you are in the best position to answer this since you are a fresh applicant who has got response on your recent visa application? Use your application time frame to ascertain the estimated response time.

When did you submit your application
What route did you use to submit
and how long did it take before you got your passport back?

Note however that embassies conduct verification in any form within the visa processing time. I recently applied for schengel visa through italy and just yesterday I got a call from the italian consulate to come for an interview. This is not my schengel application though not through Italy. Ive had several schengel visas in the past through france and germany anyways becos in the passed i frequent Europe atleast twice a year but na cost of flight slow me down dis daysgrin (travelling is my hobby; and expensive one at dat wink)

So the above will help to answer your friend's question.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iguita: 11:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
Thanks for your advice. My wife is still hurt with the refusal, this is the first time we were refused visa. The last time it happened, the ambassador almost got sacked. So she said she is no longer interested in going. I am also in touch with my people in canada, they have resent the invitation and sponsorship letters. I want to notarized the photocopies of our landed properties documents and marriage certificates. Just in case the VO was skeptical when we submitted them at first.
ladylco:

This time in your application, ensure you give detailed explanations on your PURPOSE OF VISIT and TRAVEL HISTORY, also try to convince the VO that all document are authentic and verifiable. Try as much as you can to defend your previous reason(s) for refusal. You can explain each of your previous trips and tell the VO that never on any of the trips did you violate any immigration rule/law neither did you stayed beyond the period you were permitted to stay. I think you should also apply with your wife only if she is included in the sponsorship letter and letter of reference from the organization. If she is not and you really want to apply with her, explain why you want her to accompany you on the trip and that you will bear the expenses for her travel even though she has the capacity to bear any of her travel expenses and include documents that will back her financial/economic Ties as well.

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 6:26am On Mar 09, 2017
iguita:
Thanks for your advice. My wife is still hurt with the refusal, this is the first time we were refused visa. The last time it happened, the ambassador almost got sacked. So she said she is no longer interested in going. I am also in touch with my people in canada, they have resent the invitation and sponsorship letters. I want to notarized the photocopies of our landed properties documents and marriage certificates. Just in case the VO was skeptical when we submitted them at first.

Laughing in Canadian swahili

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:51am On Mar 09, 2017
iguita:

#Synchrony.... The first time, and yet there was a last time? Anyways, this is Canada! Get your acts right, leave no stone unturned "underratingly" in your next application. Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 7:38am On Mar 09, 2017
OmoBendel24:

#Synchrony.... The first time, and yet there was a last time? Anyways, this is Canada! Get your acts right, leave no stone unturned "underratingly" in your next application. Regards

You sef de reach this joint?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oseni007(m): 9:35am On Mar 09, 2017
Laughing in Italian Swahili angry cheesy grin
iguita:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
iguita:

Sir there is always a first time! this only helps to guide and make one do things appropriately. The first time I and my siblings were refused France Schengel visa, I was called on the phone by the Consular who apologized grin and asked that I come to the embassy with my passport and that of my sister, I sent my sister there our visa were issued less that 10mins when she got there.

So tell your wife not to hurt anymore, its one of those things. As someone here mentioned, just do things the right way and you will get the desired result.

In addition, you can include in your letter to the embassy that you wife is hurting as a result of the refusal hence her decision not to reapply alone with you, as she has never been refused visa and this refusal came as a big blow to her history of visa application.

Am very optimistic that if you do things right this time you will get the visa, you wife may even be called to come for hers even though she didnt apply.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

Laffing in Dollars

@jayfierce, wetin you buy come for me? Never say norrin o

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
Good day everyone, wanna ask a question. My friend applied for a visiting visa with her husband who is the main applicate. They applied for their visiting visa in February . But no response yet. She plans to resign in May because she has no time to take care of her children. She's a banker. Her fears are if she resigns in May will it affect her application or will she get a response before May. Or will the Canada VO contact her bank. They did paper route. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
@ lady l. If I know the answer will not ask. That why am asking the house to give advise. grin shocked cool
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
kokorita:
@ lady l. If I know the answer will not ask. That why am asking the house to give advise. grin shocked cool

I like the way you call me Lady grin.

Anyway, Canadian consulate is known to take time while processing visa due to the verifications they conduct and the number of application they get. Besides, If she resigns in May and par aventure that period is when verification is conducted from her place of work........then you know the rest.

So my advise is that you tell your friend to call on God and chill till the outcome of her visa before she resign so as it will not be interpreted say she wan ja.

All the best to your friend.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
nefertitiram:

You sef de reach this joint?

Yes o, I dey reach here too. Them no dey pass one place see moon my sister cheesy

Actually monitoring something for my wife (as an aside, na 500LT product she be too oh just as your guy na from we side and area like me, just don't want to distract that thread no more), son and yet unborn child here before they engage on their next trip to Canada and the US again sha, no room for "stories that touch" at all!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2017
RedReact:
grin grin grin grin grin

Laffing in Dollars

@jayfierce, wetin you buy come for me? Never say norrin o
Bro, I gentle. Spending dollars acquired in recession is quite painful.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
this is the first time we were refused visa. The last time it happened, the ambassador almost got sacked.

*coughs* and quietly exits thread. Note to self: "Jay is now a good boy"

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
Chai there's God ooo. All this blood you guys are sharing in foreign currencies : Why are you people doing this to our dear brother. grin. @ lady l. Thanks for your response . My friend will here. And I will get back to you what she plans to do next. One love house tongue .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
Chai there's God ooo. All this blood you guys are sharing in foreign currencies : Why are you people doing this to our dear brother. grin. @ lady l. Thanks for your response . My friend will hear .And I will get back to you what she plans to do next. One love house tongue .

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (1111) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: wencius4u, atm0147, affoncad, 9jagobetta and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.