Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2370867 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 12:02pm On Feb 20
Pls if your biometrics is October, let know update if u PPr. Did my biometrics October 30 and till now nothing…🫶🏻🥲 congrats to those who have received their PPR n visa. Hoping to be the next to be congratulate. Pls post when u receive ur PPr…. It gives hope to current applicants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 12:58pm On Feb 20
Application date: September 20, 2023

Background check completed: September 21, 2023.

Visa Approval: February 8, 2024..

Thank God and thank you all.

Please check what you posted very well, background check completed the following day which is 21st of September, haba don't give us pressure ner.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 2:26pm On Feb 20
Rido007:

Please check what you posted very well, background check completed the following day which is 21st of September, haba don't give us pressure ner.
Was looking at the same thing. Likely it's just biometrics completed

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LadyCaplin: 6:12pm On Feb 20
Can you provide details/link of the new website you used for your visa application pls?
Nielda234:
Good day everyone. Please I need assistance. I’m applying for a Canada tourist visa. I used the new website and filled the form. I have a valid UK and U.S and I’ve been to over 15 countries. As documents, I was provided space to upload only my US visa, passport page and employment letter and just 1 additional document. I did this. I have other supporting documents. How do I show this? It say based on my application these are the documents I’m meant to provide and they will ask for additional ones if need be. Now I’ve scheduled Biometrics. Will this be a problem?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lanre2009: 6:40pm On Feb 20
Good evening guys. Pls i need your help. we applied for tourist visa for my wife and 2 kids to go visit my sister in law and her family in Canada. we submitted all the necessary documents including our proof of funds which came was about 20 million naira. 15 million naira was in wife's account while 5 million naira was in my account that i provided. the total money was around 18000 CAD at the time we applied. we just got a response last week that they are refusing us the visa because we do not have enough funds to sustain our travel and stay in canada for a week. we did the process through an agent.. Now my question is, how soon can we reapply. Is there any other means of getting my wife and kids into canada aside the tourist visa route. I cant travel with them for now because of my work. Thanks for all the assistance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nkem2023: 6:53pm On Feb 20
Rido007:

I think November should be between end of February and end of March. I submitted 13th of November

Ok,i submitted 17th of Nov can i get your contact so we can keep in touch 🙏

but, u said this some days back?
could u clarify
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 7:30pm On Feb 20
lanre2009:
Good evening guys. Pls i need your help. we applied for tourist visa for my wife and 2 kids to go visit my sister in law and her family in Canada. we submitted all the necessary documents including our proof of funds which came was about 20 million naira. 15 million naira was in wife's account while 5 million naira was in my account that i provided. the total money was around 18000 CAD at the time we applied. we just got a response last week that they are refusing us the visa because we do not have enough funds to sustain our travel and stay in canada for a week. we did the process through an agent.. Now my question is, how soon can we reapply. Is there any other means of getting my wife and kids into canada aside the tourist visa route. I cant travel with them for now because of my work. Thanks for all the assistance.

should have been wife first, or wife and the youngest first, after approval, father and the eldest kid, this IRCC the way they think one should be a step ahead of them, I know a family that the husband applied first ,he was approved, first daughter second,refused,mother and the remaining 2 children third,approved,now they are planning to re-apply for the first daughter, am 100 percent sure they will approve her this time around

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chisomwo: 7:59pm On Feb 20
lanre2009 :

please can you share your application timeline like the time you people went for biometric and were answered.

I'll advise you to apply for a gcsm note so the vo officer can explain why the application was refused
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lanre2009: 8:04pm On Feb 20
My wife and first son went for the biometric around November 2023. We got the response of refusal on 13th February 2024

Chisomwo:

please can you share your application timeline like the time you people went for biometric and were answered.

I'll advise you to apply for a gcsm note so the vo officer can explain why the application was refused
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 8:18pm On Feb 20
Nkem2023

could u clarify

Kindly go read my post very well i said it's bn 3 months and some days no response, go read well oga
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 8:18pm On Feb 20
Rido007:
Nkem2023

could u clarify

Kindly go read my post very well i said it's bn 3 months and some days no response, go read well oga
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lanre2009: 8:20pm On Feb 20
Pls how do we apply for the gcsm note?

Is it possible to apply for both tourist visa and express entry at the same time?

Chisomwo:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 8:26pm On Feb 20
Please, I need clarification because I don't understand.

Is it that you want them to re-apply for VV just for visitation or you are looking for a way for them to relocate while you remain in Nigeria because of your work, temporarily? Visit visa isn't the best for relocation for your wife and kids, if I must tell you the truth.

If you would like them to relocate, why not let your wife go through study route. She applies first without the kids and apply for them when her visa is out.

Though study route is now expensive but if it's a thing you can afford, please use that route. You yourself will feel relaxed and psychologically balanced knowing fully well they are safe and their freedom isn't compromised in whatever way.

My opinion

lanre2009:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 8:38pm On Feb 20
You missed something. grin He also quoted that timeline for clarification. You would know if you read it to the end. I think he altered the real post somehow was why it wasn't highlighted in green

nkem2023:

could u clarify
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 8:59pm On Feb 20
Here is the link

https://gcms-notes.ca/

lanre2009:
Pls how do we apply for the gcsm note?

Is it possible to apply for both tourist visa and express entry at the same time?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 10:06pm On Feb 20
congratulation

what was the documents submitted
do u have any USA visa

lanre47:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nkem2023: 11:54pm On Feb 20
[quote author=Rido007 post=128559422][/quote]

sorry am not probing into your shared experience and successes,
Am happy for you. but i dont get it ........

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nkem2023: 11:55pm On Feb 20
[quote author=Rido007 post=128559422][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adegbajupraise: 12:23am On Feb 21
Good evening everyone,
Please I submitted my visitors visa application Nov. 19, 2023. Am going for a paid conference btw 26th - 28th April, 2024 so I applied to spend 7days. I use 4m as my POF. Please is this amount ok and if not ok what can I do since the application is still in process.

Please your advice will be valuable.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 1:45am On Feb 21
The first picture is the original post but there's an error in between the dates. Application was submitted on the 20th AND BACKGROUND CHECK WAS DONE THE NEXT DAY, 21ST.

It is the error that Rid007 saw and wanted clarification as seen in the second picture.

nkem2023:

sorry am not probing into your shared experience and successes,
Am happy for you. but i dont get it ........

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 2:35am On Feb 21
To be honest, 4M is very low with the way naira devalued drastically without looking back a bit. With the way naira is now, 4M could be your return flight ticket alone if flight ticket initially was peg at 3M before naira fell to 1800/$1 as at today. How about hotel fee and feeding? You still need to have substantial balance left after the VO removes costs of travel. Remember, we don't know where Naira is devaluing to so the more naira depreciate, the more the naira in your account devalues to the VO for your purpose of travel

In my own opinion, what you claim you do (occupation) could help. If you have a very good and stable job and you were able to defend it in your application, then the closing balance may be overlooked. Again, if you had a very good cash flow(huge in and out of money, i.e. credit and debit) in your bank statement and not just a lump sum deposit to acquire your 4M, the closing balance 4M may be overlooked.

Another thing is to submit an updated 6 month bank account with about 8-10M through webform i.e. if only you have been building your account from the time of submission. If you have withdrawn your 4M or is far less, don't implicate yourself by submitting your SOA anymore with the intention of depositing the 8-10M in your account because they would believe you used the initial 4M for demonstration purposes. In fact, don't bother crediting your account with lump sum to cover up the missing 4M. If you submit a new updated account, they will first trace the 4M and the cash flow in your account after you submitted yourapplication in November. Don't forget your updated bank account statement will now have to cover December, January and February. The VO will judge your financial status within these 3 months

For instance, if you have withdrawn the money to like 400-500k with little or no deposit coming in and all of a sudden, you deposited lump sums towards the time you submitted the new SOA, it will appear suspicious as demonstration purposes and that is a redflag. Also, you need to explain CONVINCINGLY how the new lump sum came into being with strong evidence(s). Don't tell me you will tell them you sold your properties for visiting either conference or tourism purpose.

Last option... pray that naira should be strengthen back to like 700/$1 so your 4M can have value for your purpose of travel because I am a believer of miracle cool

Shalom!!!
adegbajupraise:
Good evening everyone,
Please I submitted my visitors visa application Nov. 19, 2023. Am going for a paid conference btw 26th - 28th April, 2024 so I applied to spend 7days. I use 4m as my POF. Please is this amount ok and if not ok what can I do since the application is still in process.

Please your advice will be valuable.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nkem2023: 7:23am On Feb 21
slimmsyyetty:
The first picture is the original post but there's an error in between the dates. Application was submitted on the 20th AND BACKGROUND CHECK WAS DONE THE NEXT DAY, 21ST.

It is the error that Rid007 saw and wanted clarification as seen in the second picture.

oh Got it now.
@Rid007, before 10thof March we will receive your success story and celebrate with you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 8:23am On Feb 21
Another beautiful day to wait unto thy Lord for our honorable PPR letter….. there is light at the end of the tunnel hang on…. PPR given or refuse pls continue posting, and tell us ur timeline. Gathering experiences helps for better future outcomes…. Am usually more of a reader than posting here, but at this point, my patience is growing smaller… boosting my morale… ope lo ma jasi

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:34am On Feb 21
Please what’s the suitable amount for a single
Person who’s working to have in bank statement ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 10:30am On Feb 21
nkem2023:

oh Got it now.
@Rid007, before 10thof March we will receive your success story and celebrate with you.

Aaameen thanks to everyone, may we receive the good news we bn waiting for.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 11:45am On Feb 21
In my opinion, it depends on the number of days you intend staying in Canada and with the way naira has drastically devalued(1800/$1) and devaluing further, I will suggest 12-15M or at least 10M(God help you if naira didn't slide to 2000/$1 after submission with 10M). Cost of flight alone is 3M (excluding hotel, feeding and miscellaneous) and may be more from these airlines with the continuous devaluation of naira. Even with this amount, don't fill in more than 7 days as your intended stay in your application form because the higher your stay, the higher your budget on your POF. Just be strategic!!!

Remember you must also show to the VO your account will not be empty when the cost of travel is deducted. You can't spend about 5-6M (including flight, hotel booking, feeding and miscellaneous) and have 1-2M left. That's silly-(in VO's mind). A wise person would try to have at least more than the amount you spent on your visit in your balance.

Shalom!!!

meljoe:
Please what’s the suitable amount for a single
Person who’s working to have in bank statement ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sumam: 12:07pm On Feb 21
Good Afternoon everyone,

Pls does anyone have VAC contact to book appointment for biometrics.

Contact and process pls.

Thank you gurus.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 12:09pm On Feb 21
Good afternoon house.. pls I applied for visit visa Sept 9 - 2023
Went to biometrics Sept 14 - 2023
And up till now I haven't heard from the IRCC.
pls what's going on and when is it likely I hear from them cos it's over 5 months already..

Pls is there anyone who did his/her biometrics that same day?

I'll be waiting for your response here.
God no go shame us 🙏
Thanks my people.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chisomwo: 12:18pm On Feb 21
Paulo01:
Good afternoon house.. pls I applied for visit visa Sept 9 - 2023
Went to biometrics Sept 14 - 2023
And up till now I haven't heard from the IRCC.
pls what's going on and when is it likely I hear from them cos it's over 5 months already..

Pls is there anyone who did his/her biometrics that same day?

I'll be waiting for your response here.
God no go shame us 🙏
Thanks my people.

Did u use an agent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 12:36pm On Feb 21
Yes I used an agent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lanre47: 12:36pm On Feb 21
Thank you.

No, I don't have USA Visa.

congratulation

what was the documents submitted
do u have any USA visa

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 12:37pm On Feb 21
Chisomwo:

Did u use an agent

Yes I did

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (1118) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ndubestjude and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.