Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1043) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321337 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 10:16am On Feb 24
Na d same thing. D only difference is d mb for documents upload. Old portal has Abt 4mb upload while new portal has only 2mb upload
dubaiboy1:
Good morning guys ! For online submission ... Which is better to use ?

The new portal : https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

OR the old one : https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Readymove: 2:35pm On Feb 24
What are the documents needed for 11 years visit visa application? Is the information on GCMC different from correspondence letter ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 3:53pm On Feb 24
Chadx:
Hello all,

I need help/advise please.

I applied for a Canada visa. It has been approved and I received a letter to submit my passport.

I also received a ‘correspondence letter’ advising me of the validity of my biometrics. My biometrics expires before my passport. They told me in the passport request letter that my visa cannot be longer than my passport validity (which is fine). But they also told me in the biometrics correspondence letter that my visa cannot be longer than my biometrics validity.

During my application I stated that I had biometrics on file (thinking that visa will be according to passport date). I didn’t know it will be limited to biometrics validity.

The letter also said I can extend my biometrics validity by paying for a new one and getting another 10 years validity. Does anyone know goes to go about this?

HOW DO I GET A LETTER FROM THE IRCC TO ENABLE MAKE PAYMENT AND BOOK A BIOMIMETIC APPOINTMENT SO AS TO GET 10 YEARS VALIDITY?

Please help.

Thank you.

Hey, what's up? I just want to know how long you waited to receive the biometric collection letter after you made payment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubaiboy1: 4:29pm On Feb 24
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biggybanking: 9:13pm On Feb 24
slimmsyyetty:
You can still upload it to them through webform, i.e if you choose to.

I tried to, but i saw no additional document requested.
Can you advise how else i could do so?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 9:34pm On Feb 24
Please, use this link below and click yes (as shown in the curve tag) to indicate you would like to add a document.

Good luck

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

biggybanking:

I tried to, but i saw no additional document requested.
Can you advise how else i could do so?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cjnick: 9:34pm On Feb 24
Greetings house.
I just received medical request letter from IRCC for me and my son. Mine is work visa. Son is visiting
Does it mean PPR will surely come?

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 9:40pm On Feb 24
Congratulations in advance 👏

Your PPR is 90% close to approval once IRCC request for medicals. And if your medical tests are fine, that's final

Shalom!!!

Cjnick:
Greetings house.
I just received medical request letter from IRCC for me and my son. Mine is work visa. Son is visiting
Does it mean PPR will surely come?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cjnick: 9:56pm On Feb 24
[quote author=slimmsyyetty post=128630999]Congratulations in advance 👏

Your PPR is 90% close to approval once IRCC request for medicals. And if your medical tests are fine, that's final

Shalom!!!

Thank God.
I’m hopeful 🤲

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biggybanking: 3:19am On Feb 25
slimmsyyetty:
Please, use this link below and click yes (as shown in the curve tag) to indicate you would like to add a document.

Good luck

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Okay thank you very much. I wanted to be sure it was same one i used. It was actually same and i got this mail back. 🙏

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emchilz859: 10:03am On Feb 25
Hi Guys, I have a visit visa to Canada and my invitation letter states that I will be coming in August, is it appropriate for me to travel before the stated month of travel , hope it won't be an issue at the port of entry ??

Anticipating responses , thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biggybanking: 10:15am On Feb 25
Emchilz859:
Hi Guys, I have a visit visa to Canada and my invitation letter states that I will be coming in August, is it appropriate for me to travel before the stated monthly of travel , hope it won't be an issue at the port of entry ??

For the 1st travel if its for a specific purpose like a wedding, graduation or any other event, it is safer to wait till the date or after the date of the event stated on the invitation. You might pass without an issue but we want to avoid any form of suspicious activities.

I was to go for my sister’s graduation in october but didn't make it. I went 7 months later. If i was going earlier like July, i think there would be percieved desperation.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 10:49am On Feb 25
Emchilz859:
Hi Guys, I have a visit visa to Canada and my invitation letter states that I will be coming in August, is it appropriate for me to travel before the stated monthly of travel , hope it won't be an issue at the port of entry ??

Chill till then, those border officers dey check profile oOoOO. A week/few days to that event is okay

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 10:50am On Feb 25
Emchilz859:

I guess you have a USA visa right wink
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xchimaaa: 10:58am On Feb 25
Emchilz859:

Please how long did you wait after your biometric?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emchilz859: 12:04pm On Feb 25
Anguldi:

I guess you have a USA visa right wink

No I don't have , the Canada visit visa is my first ever visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emchilz859: 12:05pm On Feb 25
Xchimaaa:

Please how long did you wait after your biometric?

Had my biometrics in August , got a response to submit my passport in December.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emchilz859: 12:09pm On Feb 25
biggybanking:

For the 1st travel if its for a specific purpose like a wedding, graduation or any other event, it is safer to wait till the date or after the date of the event stated on the invitation. You might pass without an issue but we want to avoid any form of suspicious activities.

I was to go for my sister’s graduation in october but didn't make it. I went 7 months later. If i was going earlier like July, i think there would be percieved desperation.

You are on point thanks .. I also do feel that it depends on the airport you land at, there are some airports that are mild with their checks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emchilz859: 12:11pm On Feb 25
Anguldi:

Chill till then, those border officers dey check profile oOoOO. A week/few days to that event is okay

I hear you loud and clear
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 12:15pm On Feb 25
Emchilz859:

No I don't have , the Canada visit visa is my first ever visa.
You are doing well, Congratulations man

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziemeka2024: 1:16pm On Feb 25
Hello all. A friend asked me to help her fill the application form for canada visit visa. I told her it was stressful based on my experience filling the form.

I think I read somewhere that the process is easier for someone who has valid US visa. Since she has valid US visa, I want to know if she will fill less information than normal.

Is there a faster application process for those who have US visa?

Does an applicant with US fill less form?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mikeayus(m): 1:29pm On Feb 25
Hello Everyone,

trust we are all doing well.

Please i need advise from experienced travellers around combining tickets, and will share a background story of my application;

1) I have an ongoing PR Spousal sponsorship application...got AOR Feb 9th 2024.
2) I had applied for TRV since November 2023, did Biometrics dec1st 2023 ...this application was submitted with invitation letter from my wife who is a canadian PR, and reason for the visit is to travel for 2 weeks to celebrate her birthday with her and return back to Naija.
However, I am considering booking 2 different tickets;
One for Lagos to Ottawa trip (non-refundable) and another refundable (Ottawa to Lagos) which I plan to cancel as I don't plan to return since my PR application must have gone far by then, and coupled with the Policy that allows Spousal PR applicants to come in with TRV for Family reunification that was announced last year.

Another thing is...I want to book these tickets now before the travel date is near and fares would be much expensive.

My question now is:

1) Would it be okay to book the 2 tickets separately and cancel the return leg when I have settled in over there?
2) How can I filter for only refundable tickets when on the airline's website?

Look forward to your usual responses everyone. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xchimaaa: 1:34pm On Feb 25
Please is they anyone that went for biometric beginning of October That's still waiting?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xchimaaa: 1:37pm On Feb 25
Emchilz859:

Had my biometrics in August , got a response to submit my passport in December.

Okay.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by masam(m): 2:45pm On Feb 25
Xchimaaa:
Please is they anyone that went for biometric beginning of October That's still waiting?

I did biometrics Oct 6 in Lagos yet to hear from Ircc

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sumam: 4:03pm On Feb 25
Good day everyone,

Please where can medical be done for Canadian tourist visa?
Name and address pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 4:14pm On Feb 25
Pls, I am trying to book an appointment. Below is what I am getting. Anyone knows what the issue is pls? Thank you and happy Sunday to you all!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by williamszooh: 6:05pm On Feb 25
Sumam:
Good day everyone,@sumam, tourist or visiting visa doesn't require medical test, it's only ppr that require medical test

Please where can medical be done for Canadian tourist visa?
Name and address pls

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by williamszooh: 6:07pm On Feb 25
[quote author=williamszooh post=128642581][/quote]@sumam, tourist or visiting visa doesn't require medical test, it's only ppr that require medical test
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:29pm On Feb 25
iyaaliyah:
Pls, I am trying to book an appointment. Below is what I am getting. Anyone knows what the issue is pls? Thank you and happy Sunday to you all!

I booked an appointment for biometrics this afternoon without any problems.

Try to use a different browser or computer and see if that works.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:55pm On Feb 25
maziemeka2024:
Hello all. A friend asked me to help her fill the application form for canada visit visa. I told her it was stressful based on my experience filling the form.

I think I read somewhere that the process is easier for someone who has valid US visa. Since she has valid US visa, I want to know if she will fill less information than normal.

Is there a faster application process for those who have US visa?

Does an applicant with US fill less form?

For document upload, fewer documents are required from those who have a valid Canada or US visa or those who have visited Canada within the last 10 years.

I believe all they will require her to upload are her passport data page, NIN, and the US visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lynoverse(m): 7:54am On Feb 26
Pls anyone that did his/her biometric on 17th of October 2023 that have received a decision?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: omega2128(m), Ethanuella, proff010, Corehustler(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.