Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2346915 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 12:33am On Jul 05, 2017
tuzinde:
@mesh2003
- did u get a response after this generic mail & what was the average time frame

Didn't get a response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 12:39am On Jul 05, 2017
passionup:
Hello everyone, I intend to submit a TRV application soon with my family. I am the sole sponsor and while filling the form, there is a question on funds available for the trip. Since I had stated the funds available in my own application form, should I repeat same amount on my wife's application? I need guidance here. Also, for my kid of 5years, would he need biometric capture when submitting his form and does he need to be present at the submission centre? kindly help with answers guys. Thank you in advance

Anyone between the age of 14 and 79years don't need to give biometrics. I don't know about being present for submission. you can share the bulk amount and put on each application but on your affidavit of support and letter of explanation, you can quote the full amount as money available for the trip and its a family trip. They know already.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 5:27am On Jul 05, 2017
I got the automated reply mail immediately I sent the email 2 weeks back, this email just came yesterday..... So I should expect another mail right?

mesh2003:

Its the general email they send to you once you send an email. if they will answer you, you will receive an email after this. I also got this when I sent them an email.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anniora: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2017
Hello all, please can someone provide me with a valid email address to write to enquire about the status of my application sent since April.

Many thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by darznets(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2017
darznets:

I tracked my application and I saw that my application has been approved, just waiting to pick up the visa at VFS

I just want to say thanks to everyone here..I picked up my passport with 2 years multiple TRV (Canada) today at the VFS office...

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by urblackpearl: 10:22am On Jul 05, 2017
Good morning All.
Trust u are all well. Hubby and i just submitted our paper application at VFS office.

On the website, processing time says 70 day! Wow!

Pls is there any hope it could be faster?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 10:28am On Jul 05, 2017
Please when in April did you apply? Did you apply via paper route or online route
Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

quote author=anniora post=58141100]Hello all, please can someone provide me with a valid email address to write to enquire about the status of my application sent since April.

Many thanks[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 11:38am On Jul 05, 2017
Congratulations!!

darznets:

I just want to say thanks to everyone here..I picked up my passport with 2 years multiple TRV (Canada) today at the VFS office...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2017
Or...accra.immigration@international.gc.ca if you applied online.

anniora:
Hello all, please can someone provide me with a valid email address to write to enquire about the status of my application sent since April.

Many thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frank2075: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dear nairalanders
I submitted for Trv with my passport (paper route)on 03/05/2017 checked saw it online as still on process i want to know how long does it take to get ones passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Meggito:
I got the automated reply mail immediately I sent the email 2 weeks back, this email just came yesterday..... So I should expect another mail right?

I sent another email yesterday pleading with them to please process my mums application. They responded that they will send me a passport request shortly. This morning I saw application approved and passport request message. I am so happy. My mum is coming with my daughter that I have not seen for 2 and half years cos of school. I applied online for her on May10th.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
frank2075:
Dear nairalanders
I submitted for Trv with my passport (paper route)on 03/05/2017 checked saw it online as still on process i want to know how long does it take to get ones passport

At this point you can send them an email. I applied for my mum online on May 10th. Sent an email 2x and CSE form. I got passport request form this morning after I sent an email yesterday. They replied that I will receive a passport request message shortly.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
Awww, congrats, waiting for to hear good news too

mesh2003:

I sent another email yesterday pleading with them to please process my mums application. They responded that they will send me a passport request shortly. This morning I saw application approved and passport request message. I am so happy. My mum is coming with my daughter that I have not seen for 2 and half years cos of school. I applied online for her on May10th.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
Wow! Congratulations please how did you go about the CSE form

quote author=mesh2003 post=58157659]

At this point you can send them an email. I applied for my mum online on May 10th. Sent an email 2x and CSE form. I got passport request form this morning after I sent an email yesterday. They replied that I will receive a passport request message shortly.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
ifymeme:
Wow! Congratulations please how did you go about the CSE form

quote author=mesh2003 post=58157659]

At this point you can send them an email. I applied for my mum online on May 10th. Sent an email 2x and CSE form. I got passport request form this morning after I sent an email yesterday. They replied that I will receive a passport request message shortly.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
mesh2003:

Anyone between the age of 14 and 79years don't need to give biometrics. I don't know about being present for submission. you can share the bulk amount and put on each application but on your affidavit of support and letter of explanation, you can quote the full amount as money available for the trip and its a family trip. They know already.

hi mesh2003, on the contrary, the age bracket mentioned above MUST provide bio-metrics.

dear passionup, you wouldnt want to stress yourself so take your child along. for the amount, you can apportion the money whatever way you want in your statement of purpose as the very primary applicant (i assume its a family application) stating the total and how it will be spent in full details. make sure not to budget everything in your account as the VO may worry that you have nothing to fall back on back home and may consequently point him to think you plan not to return home. you can state you plan to bear the entire financial burden and your wife and child have zero cost implication on this trip. a family application is a holistic approach and your qualification will most likely qualify them but of course, this is at the full discretion of the VO. best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
frank2075:
Dear nairalanders

hi frank2075, you have been advised to use the CSE form so maybe you should try it. this is a very time consuming process and every single application is different so applications made on same day get approved sometimes several weeks apart. personally and in my experience, i do not believe the CSE and mails work because i have tried them and even had a sibling in canada contact the immigration office to plead for expedited processing but it didnt work. if its not your turn, others cant be kept on compromise so yours will be processed. there are conditions that qualify an applicant for expedition and if you dont qualify for it, you shall be queued. however, patience works. please exercise some. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Believe13: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
Is this your first time applying? Have you travelled elsewhere before now? Pls awaiting your response.

darznets:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
Jawa:

hi mesh2003, on the contrary, the age bracket mentioned above MUST provide bio-metrics.

dear passionup, you wouldnt want to stress yourself so take your child along. for the amount, you can apportion the money whatever way you want in your statement of purpose as the very primary applicant (i assume its a family application) stating the total and how it will be spent in full details. make sure not to budget everything in your account as the VO may worry that you have nothing to fall back on back home and may consequently point him to think you plan not to return home. you can state you plan to bear the entire financial burden and your wife and child have zero cost implication on this trip. a family application is a holistic approach and your qualification will most likely qualify them but of course, this is at the full discretion of the VO. best of luck.

My bad. Was at work. anyone less than 14 years and over 79 don't need to give biometrics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bestbuyer(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
mesh2003:

@Mesh2003....
Now you are singing.... pls remember us in your prayers.
I will surely go your route--- ONLINE and i pray for it to come out in 10days!!!
MY CASE IS DIFFERENT!!!!!
Congrats MESH2003... and kind regards to all!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Believe13: 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
Jawa, pls I need your advise. Pls what are my chances if I apply now in Nigeria? Or should I go to the US first and apply when am back to Nigeria. Pls what do you think.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bestbuyer(m): 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
mesh2003:

My bad. Was at work. anyone less than 14 years and over 79 don't need to give biometrics.

@MESH2003 AND JAWA,
Few questions about ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION-
1. DO I NEED TO SCAN AND UPLOAD ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DURING THE APPLICATION.
2. DOES IT MATTER THE NUMBER OF PAGES, LIKE THE BANK STATEMENTS, LANDED PROPS, LEASE AGREEMENT, MARRIAGE CERT, SHARE DOCS, OFFICE LETTER, SOP AND THE LIKES.
3. IS THERE A ROOM FOR LATER DATE UPLOAD?
4. DO I ALSO PAY FOR BIOMETRICS OR THAT WILL BE LATER AT VAC.
5. DO I ALSO SCAN AND UPLOAD OTHER "IMM" DOCS SAME TIME?

Thanks for the speedy response as usual...

Hmmmm!!! @MESH2003... you know you are now my e-friend, hope you won't leave us to our fate now that our prayers have been granted. I do draw from the abundance of your Canada visit wisdom. Thanks and God bless us all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Michelle001: 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader, following the trail of conversations. Great to be on this informative and wonderful platform.

I applied for my TRV on the 3rd of May, 2017 through the online application and had my biometrics on the 4th of May, 2017 at the Lagos VFS office.

Got a refusal message yesterday from the VO in Accra Ghana stating "that i have not provided sufficient documentation to support my hosts income and assets.

My question goes like this, while filing my application, i had stated that I will be sponsoring myself, which I provided my account balance of 1.5 million naira for a vacation of 14 days. Purpose of visit as tourism(stated the places that I would be visiting), Introduction letter from my company, letter of explanation, pay slip for the past 4 months, tax payments, travel itinerary etc.

Since I'm working and sponsoring my self, should i have attached my hosts income and assets?

I didn't include my hosts income, since the reason for my visit is on tourism purposes, therefore I should be financially okay to sponsor my trip.

I had informed them in my application that my host is my friend and that I will be staying in my hosts apartment during my 14 days visit. A letter of invitation as well as my hosts permanent residence permit was included in my application.

I'm so sad right now, thought I was gonna get the visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
bestbuyer:

@MESH2003 AND JAWA,
Few questions about ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION-
1. DO I NEED TO SCAN AND UPLOAD ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DURING THE APPLICATION.
2. DOES IT MATTER THE NUMBER OF PAGES, LIKE THE BANK STATEMENTS, LANDED PROPS, LEASE AGREEMENT, MARRIAGE CERT, SHARE DOCS, OFFICE LETTER, SOP AND THE LIKES.
3. IS THERE A ROOM FOR LATER DATE UPLOAD?
4. DO I ALSO PAY FOR BIOMETRICS OR THAT WILL BE LATER AT VAC.
5. DO I ALSO SCAN AND UPLOAD OTHER "IMM" DOCS SAME TIME?

Thanks for the speedy response as usual...

Hmmmm!!! @MESH2003... you know you are now my e-friend, hope you won't leave us to our fate now that our prayers have been granted. I do draw from the abundance of your Canada visit wisdom. Thanks and God bless us all.

1 & 2- yes you need to scan and upload all supporting documents. I know there is a space limit but am not sure. some people know how to reduce the size after saving it on pdf. google is your friend. I think @jawa will know.
3. there is room for later upload if and when they request for additional documents. When my mum received her UK visa, I scanned it and sent through email and CSE form to them as added travel history which they acknowledged they received.
4. if you are doing online, you have to pay for biometrics fee online immediately before you can get a confirmation of submission letter.
5. you don't need to scan your "IMM" forms. Download them, fill them on your laptop, validate the main visa application form and upload. I filled 2 forms for my mum, the TRV form and family form. the family form doesn't need to be signed orvalidated. Just fill and upload.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
Michelle001:
Hi everyone,

sorry to hear about your refusal. I think this is just a funny one and a crazy VO that handled your file. I invited my sister 2 years ago as a student. I mentioned on the invitation letter that I would only provide her with accommodation. I didn't put anything even proof of address. I just sent her my study permit copy and passport page.
I invited my mum in May, Because I mentioned that I would provide her with accommodation and feeding for her one month stay in Canada, I put my one month pay stub. No bank statement.
I think you should have provided at least paystub from your host. My advice is that you reapply asap as your refusal reason is minor and include his/her paystub or bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Believe13:
Jawa, pls I need your advise. Pls what are my chances if I apply now in Nigeria? Or should I go to the US first and apply when am back to Nigeria. Pls what do you think.

dear believe13, your chances can never be told by a non canadian VO no matter how knowledgeable of the process you think the individual may be. you have a lot of doubts ant thats not good. whether you apply in the US or Nigeria, the VO that will adjudicate the case have the same training and the outcome will most likely be the same. prior travel to the US also will NOT guaranty a canadian visa. the whole circumstance is only known to you and the VO. always apply for visas where you have most ties to return to.
my advise and what i think you should do is to apply from nigeria and hope it comes out in time. in your letter of explanation, you have to explain to the VO why this trip is so important and why it can't be the other way round(her visiting) and integrate your itinerary in your letter. if you have been a traveller, reiterate to the VO that this is not your first time out of the country and you have always come back and this will not be any different.i may be wrong but i always assume that when a VO starts assessing an application, one of the first things he/she does is to read the letter of explanation and check the documents to verify and if things check out with their verification, they issue. really, canadian VOs are not like the US VOs who just look at your ties home and most times ignore your reason for visit.in a TRV application, your purpose of visit always has to make sense. i understand you want to use one stone to kill two birds and i really hope it works out. the world is too big and its lovely to see. best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
Michelle001:
Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader, following the trail of conversations. Great to be on this informative and wonderful platform.

I applied for my TRV on the 3rd of May, 2017 through the online application and had my biometrics on the 4th of May, 2017 at the Lagos VFS office.

Got a refusal message yesterday from the VO in Accra Ghana stating "that i have not provided sufficient documentation to support my hosts income and assets.

My question goes like this, while filing my application, i had stated that I will be sponsoring myself, which I provided my account balance of 1.5 million naira for a vacation of 14 days. Purpose of visit as tourism(stated the places that I would be visiting), Introduction letter from my company, letter of explanation, pay slip for the past 4 months, tax payments, travel itinerary etc.

Since I'm working and sponsoring my self, should i have attached my hosts income and assets?

I didn't include my hosts income, since the reason for my visit is on tourism purposes, therefore I should be financially okay to sponsor my trip.

I had informed them in my application that my host is my friend and that I will be staying in my hosts apartment during my 14 days visit. A letter of invitation as well as my hosts permanent residence permit was included in my application.

I'm so sad right now, thought I was gonna get the visa.

dear michelle001, sorry for your refusal. one important point to always remember is that the onus is always on the applicant to convince a VO that s/he indeed seek a temporary visit permit.also, whenever your sponsorship is outside your nuclear family, it bother's a VO and the burden on you then becomes greater. the money you have is enough but don't be deceived, the reason provided might not be the only one.let me explain how i think it works; a VO assesses your application, checks for some 'no no' for them, read your explanation letter and verify your documents.i am not sure of what they look out for that puts them off from even verifying the documents provided. every application is different, but based on the timeline of your application, s/he may have spotted something s/he didn't like. please don't take it personal but your host may have also played a part in the refusal. the VO refusal summary points to that. so you may have to look into that as well and get all necessary document from him/her.
long story short, i can never advise someone to reapply for a refused application without getting their GCMS notes. please get yours and see what the VO had in mind and then when reapplying, point out the concerns and explain, with relevant documents, why those should not bother the VO. remember, if you reapply immediately, what are you going to tell the VO? that all of a sudden, you don't have a friend anymore? or that you have suddenly decided to not stay with them?(quite unbelievable) .know that a canadian VO is not bound by law to reveal the entire circumstance of refusal.take your time; don't rush. my opinion always. best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
hi All,

Is there any fee to paid when submitting your passport after receiving the passport request message?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
mesh2003:
hi All,

Is there any fee to paid when submitting your passport after receiving the passport request message?

hi mesh2003, all fees have been paid at application submission. only the passport used in this application and a copy of the passport request letter shall be submitted on request. best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Michelle001: 12:09am On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks all,

I appreciate your responses!

@Jawa, Please can you guide me on how to get my GCMS notes from the VO?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Believe13: 8:07am On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks Jawa really appreciate your advise.

To be honest I just want to use this holiday to tour a bit even to the UK smiley .Though my husband is not interested not an adventurer like me, he will always say" its a waste of money touring like that ,just pick one" I had to convince him to apply for the US visa with me cos I was told its easier with family. Been to dubia before. Anyway, by the end of this week should be able to decide apart from US which other country to visit. Thanks once again jawa. Might come again with questions,pls bear with me. Thanks.

[Qquote author=Jawa post=58165817]

dear believe13, your chances can never be told by a non canadian VO no matter how knowledgeable of the process you think the individual may be. you have a lot of doubts ant thats not good. whether you apply in the US or Nigeria, the VO that will adjudicate the case have the same training and the outcome will most likely be the same. prior travel to the US also will NOT guaranty a canadian visa. the whole circumstance is only known to you and the VO. always apply for visas where you have most ties to return to.
my advise and what i think you should do is to apply from nigeria and hope it comes out in time. in your letter of explanation, you have to explain to the VO why this trip is so important and why it can't be the other way round(her visiting) and integrate your itinerary in your letter. if you have been a traveller, reiterate to the VO that this is not your first time out of the country and you have always come back and this will not be any different.i may be wrong but i always assume that when a VO starts assessing an application, one of the first things he/she does is to read the letter of explanation and check the documents to verify and if things check out with their verification, they issue. really, canadian VOs are not like the US VOs who just look at your ties home and most times ignore your reason for visit.in a TRV application, your purpose of visit always has to make sense. i understand you want to use one stone to kill two birds and i really hope it works out. the world is too big and its lovely to see. best of luck.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1111) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Emmanuel909090, donteebalo(m), MayorOfEdmonton, Olaniyi2955 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.