Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2332144 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2015
Chicalove:
I filled my forms and submitted via paper route. I submitted the following documents:
1) CV--a general overview of my career progression and my academic qualifications.
2) All original and photocopies of my degrees and certificates.
3) 6 months payslip for my current job
4) My employment letter for my current job.
5) My employment letter for my previous two jobs (I've changed job thrice).
6) A photocopy of my current ID Card.
7) A copy of my confirmation letter for my current job.
cool My statement of SHARES and their current worth--gotten from my stock broker
9) Three Statement of Accounts--6 months each.
10) 2 Treasury bill certificates
11) Insurance Savings
12) Medical Insurance ID Card from my HMO.
13) I wrote a letter of introduction to the VO stating that " I work with xxxx organization and I intend to spend 6 days in Toronto, touring the city, afterwards I will go to the United States of America for my sisters wedding (I attached my sisters wedding Invitation card and added the link to her wedding website too).
14) My hotel reservation was made with my MasterCard (Toronto Airport Travel Lodge)
15) My flight itinery: My travel agent made a reservation on an airline and printed it. I didn't need to pay. She explained that if you book a flight, it remains on the system of the airline for one year whether you pay for it or not. So if the VO checks with the airline, they will see your reservation.

Thank You

Did they demand for your academic portfolio?Are you going for study?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boozerati: 10:37am On Aug 15, 2015
No need for academic records. Don't make yourself look suspicious, your other documents should suffice. The VO still has the final say regardless.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2015
Boozerati:
No need for academic records. Don't make yourself look suspicious, your other documents should suffice. The VO still has the final say regardless.

But that chicalove submitted her crendentials.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chicalove: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2015
I'm not going to study study.
CV & co. are further proof that I'm comfy in my country and have strong ties to my job plus I have no intention of staying back in their country for any reason.

I think each individual case is treated differently. However, whatever you think will convince the VO that you have strong ties to your home country should be given to them to assess. It cost me nothing IMO.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by crowee(m): 2:53am On Aug 17, 2015
Visa granted till July 2017. it was a renewal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeboy22(m): 7:15am On Aug 17, 2015
post=37034282:
Visa granted till July 2017. it was a renewal.
congrats

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
maternal:

Lol. Canada is not a banana republic. Me as a full fledge citizen, has a career job, owns his own home/car, etc applied to sponsor my cousin here through a special program. Even meeting the financial requirements, signing documents to support him financially, pay taxes on his behalf, and pay any medical coverage on his half his file got rejected. After taking the case to court and having a local mp support my case, his file is now open once again and it seems by god's grace he'll be here in 6 months or so.

This is after 2 years, thousands on lawyer fees, me sponsoring him as a citizen, etc. And you think some man will walk to the embassy, tell one fairy tale story about coming to do a 1 day exam in canada and they'll give him visa ? Abeg let him get a visa so I can sue the government. After he gets denied for lying they'll definitely give him a 10 or so bam for applying for a visa and keep his name in their system. He's better off not trying my friend.

U be God? forget the whole stories about u owning an empire in Canada.Even if u are an expert,there are ways u can at least encourage people. you got there by chance so don't think others don't have such privileges too... Guy just park well cos no be only u holy pass.... smh!

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SwitchTel(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2015
eziafakise:

Really don't get your question but will advise if you are been sponsored by your mum's company you will still need to include your own personal bank statement . but let me ask what are u actually applying for ?

Please check email. Sent a pm. Would like to confirm some things
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ifiegboria(m): 7:17am On Aug 19, 2015
This thread is so insightful. Thanks OP
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sarilo4lif: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sarilo4lif: 7:32am On Aug 21, 2015
Morning my people
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ohk9ner: 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
sup @ sarilo4lif.......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sarilo4lif: 2:09am On Aug 22, 2015
ohk9ner:
sup @ sarilo4lif.......

My dear, I bam oh.... Already sent in all they requested.... Going for bio on Monday with DH and keeping fingers crossed for the miracle since I applied for less than 6months and intend staying for 3weeks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by IyawoToBe(f): 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
antonreal:

U be God? forget the whole stories about u owning an empire in Canada.Even if u are an expert,there are ways u can at least encourage people. you got there by chance so don't think others don't have such privileges too... Guy just park well cos no be only u holy pass.... smh!
lol
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2015
Hello house I wanna apply for Canadian visit visa which is the best way and fastest to submit online or paper......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
Application submitted on 22nd july 2015
Biometric 22nd july 2015
PP ready for collection on 3rd sept.,2015
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeboy22(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
tonero230:
Application submitted on 22nd july 2015
Biometric 22nd july 2015
PP ready for collection on 3rd sept.,2015
congrats cool
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
Thanks!Though i will know my fate tommorrow.I went to collect today,but never knew they are on hols

Teeboy22:

congrats cool
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sarilo4lif: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
@justwise

Please I am yet to get update on my application is it normal? Maybe a lil more patience?
Hello house!

I applied on the 19th August and had biometric on 24th August
Got a mail that my chic was updated but nothing reflected on my page.
Been keeping track but still has the same as when I hadn't done bio

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2015
To all the Guru's in the house. Please is it a must you visit US or already has a US Visa on your passport before you can be granted a Canadian Visa. I've been observing this. People should please explain this area to us. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpride(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
Good day friends..
Pls i need someone to clarify me. My travel documents are ready for submission at d embassy regarding a conference coming up in december. Of course my company is sponsoring me. All hope were alive prior to reading dis thread, but now dey seem to b diminishing. The reason being dat my passport is purely virgin. Every1 granted access here seem to av travel history but i don't. Why don't canada embassy realize dat history has a start? Your candid response wil b enough to light me up again
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
Just like my post ahead of yours. Mine is that I wanna know if it's possible to earn a Canadian Visa without having US travel history.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2015
Good day all,
Is it possible to submit application with a fixed deposit certificate of 7m and savings account of 1.2m for a family of 3(father, mother and child) with the fixed deposit maturing before date of travel. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
I was rejected based on purpose of visit,current employment situation,,financial and personal asset.

Plz house,what did they mean by current employment situation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
I was rejected based on purpose of visit,current employment situation,,financial and personal asset.

Plz house,what did they mean by current employment situation because,i'm working
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
tonero230:

Plz house,what did they mean by current employment situation because,i'm working
Oh sorry for the refusal.
Please when did you submit your application and could you list out docs submitted.....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
tariy:

Oh sorry for the refusal.
Please when did you submit your application and could you list out docs submitted.....

employment letter,leave letter,payslip,soa,sponsor soa,land document,marriage certificate,flight reservation,hotel booking,baptismal card,family form,sop,sponsorship letter/introduction letter,approval of leave letter,

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Poetchi: 8:18am On Sep 11, 2015
Hi people,

Pls I need a bit of guidance.

I am planning to travel to Canada with my family (wife, son, and sister) in December. We all have valid USA visa's and have been to the UK together. I also plan to include my bro-in-law in this trip so as to give him some exposure. He is working (though very meagre salary, not up to 50k per month), 30 yrs of age but he does not have a US visa. My wife and I would be co-sponsoring this trip for everyone.

Now, my question is this? Without a valid US visa and no statement of Account, what are my brother-in-law's chances?
Need your urgent and expert advice pls.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:39am On Sep 11, 2015
Poetchi:
Hi people,

Pls I need a bit of guidance.

I am planning to travel to Canada with my family (wife, son, and sister) in December. We all have valid USA visa's and have been to the UK together. I also plan to include my bro-in-law in this trip so as to give him some exposure. He is working (though very meagre salary, not up to 50k per month), 30 yrs of age but he does not have a US visa. My wife and I would be co-sponsoring this trip for everyone.

Now, my question is this? Without a valid US visa and no statement of Account, what are my brother-in-law's chances?
Need your urgent and expert advice pls.

Close to zero.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Poetchi: 8:45am On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmm, Thanks for the prompt response JustWise. Just a bit of background, he has been to the UAE and returned before visa expiration. Does that make any difference?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:55am On Sep 11, 2015
Poetchi:
Hmmm, Thanks for the prompt response JustWise. Just a bit of background, he has been to the UAE and returned before visa expiration. Does that make any difference?

It doesn't.

He has to qualify on his own merit without your input.

You can't take an adult along to a foreign trip like a child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olasubomy, deejay102, Ephenzy and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.