Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2332171 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oopsy(f): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2018
Hi All, I am applying for visiting visa with my kids which are all under the age of 10. I know they do not need biometrics, is there any need for me to go with them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Thegamingorca(m): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
justwise:

Really? An award from his mum right? You really think Vos are stupid to believe such
grin grin grin

Where is your sense of adventure? grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maddock(m): 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2018
Oopsy:
Hi All, I am applying for visiting visa with my kids which are all under the age of 10. I know they do not need biometrics, is there any need for me to go with them?

Nope you dont need to as they dont need to do biometrics. Ensure they have their own application form and you are required to sign on their behalf.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oopsy(f): 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2018
Ok... Thanks a lot.

maddock:

Nope you dont need to as they dont need to do biometrics. Ensure they have their own application form and you are required to sign on their behalf.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adamspaul252(m): 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2018
Deleted
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jelmusboy(m): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
If it is for visit, you shouldn't have any issue. Medical check-up are not required for visit visa for less than 6 months

adamspaul252:
Hi All, Am planning of applying for visiting visa to Canada but the issue is that I'm an HIV patient. "I also want to go for full medical check up.

Please guys do you have an idea if I will be granted the visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jelmusboy(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
Which one is easy to fill, paper or online visa application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 8:37am On Mar 31, 2018
adamspaul252:
Hi All, Am planning of applying for visiting visa to Canada but the issue is that I'm an HIV patient. "I also want to go for full medical check up.

Please guys do you have an idea if I will be granted the visa?
even if it's for migration being positive is not a deterrent. As long you have funds to take care of yourself self and not be a burden to the State, you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adamspaul252(m): 9:16am On Mar 31, 2018
olumig:
even if it's for migration being positive is not a deterrent. As long you have funds to take care of yourself self and not be a burden to the State, you are good to go.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Codedmd: 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
Hello everyone n all D gurus on dis thread. I'm planning on visiting Canada during my leave period dat comes towards November but I av some questions I need u guys to clear 4 me.

1) I am sure I can visit Canada as tourist using hotel booking without invitation letter.

2) I am working in an organization b4 for like 3yrs but got govt employment last year, my question here is dat, does my application has anything to do wit my work place or only my new place of work

3) I read something here dat if someone has money dat enters ones salary account, d person must explain d source of d income, on dis issue I av anoda business dat I do wch d money enters d same account with my salary but d problem is dat dis business ain't mine directly. My uncle is into buying scrap caterpillars cutting it n later take it to company dat buys crap irons so whenever he has a huge business like dat he do call me to invest on it too and it has been successful 4 years now, so iffa want to explain dis income, how do I go abt d explanation?

4) I av been denied US visit visa twice b4, wen I read through dis thread I understand dat I need to include details of refused visas but I av lost d paper giving to me from my US first attempt, I only av d 2nd attempt, can I add d only one I av?

Thanks in advance as all answers, advice n contributions is welcomed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
Happy Easter all. Pls I have important piece of info to share with you guys, though better shared in the US Visa thread unfortunately, I don't belong there but I'm sure some of us here also do visit US once in a while. If you're transiting in USA en route Canada, this info may not really concern you. I was in MD recently and at the POE in Baltimore, I was sent to the secondary inspection area by the immigration Officer, who was supposed to admit me into US. This was very strange to me. The CBP asked for my passports and other travel documents which I gave to him. Before I knew it, he asked for my mobile phone. He said nice phone, thinking he'd return it, he just asked for my password and at this point, I frowned at him cos he seemed to be going too far. I told him my phone contains my private stuffs and so, I'm sorry I can't do that. He asked me to sit down, still keeping the phone. Later he called me and said, he's not intruding on my privacy, that it's part of their routine security checks and as I could see while seated, I wasn't the only one who was asked to grant them access to their phones. Reluctantly, I asked for the phone so I could unlock it with my password myself which he accepted, whilst he was watching me with one eye, thinking maybe I could delete any info. I gave him back, telling him to be tapping the screen every minute so it doesn't lock. Before I knew it, he tapped my whatsapp icon and was busy reading my messages, which greatly infuriated me. Later, he asked if there was any email conversations with my business partner I came visiting despite the invitation letter I was carrying and I said yes, he gave me the phone and I opened my mailbox to show him. He grabbed the phone and started checking my emails one after the other . He later asked if I had any relation in USA apart from my partners and I said I had some old friends but I don't know which state they were in and I don't have their contacts either. He also tapped my Facebook messenger icon and was busy reading my messages, I felt greatly upset seeing this. Later he gave the phone back to me with other travel docs and finally admitted me. In a nut Shell, Yankee is now though at their POE oo. I thought it was because I boarded a qatar Airways that made them subject me to such a scrutiny as it's always the experience of some passengers who boarded their plane to Yankee but I saw pple who also came with BA, American, Delta, etc being scrutinised . Everywhere became crowded at the secondary inspection . I was shocked when some guys both black and white were sent back home in my presence, while I was seated. One of the guys who was denied entry shot himself in the leg. One of the CBPs said, sir, but you said you don't have anybody in US when I asked and you said you'd return after your visit but going by your whatsapp message, you said to one of your friends that you're here for good.and and you're not coming back anytime soon, unfortunately, you're gonna return with the next available flight to your country sir. One white guy claimed he didn't have a relation in US was asked who's Henry? He said it's an old friend who lives in US. The CBP said he's not saying the truth and he'd ensure he locate Henry through his mobile number before he decides if he'd be admitted or not because he communicated with Henry via sms and calls barely 24 hours before arrival in USA and if he's an illegal resident, he'd be arrested and both of them would be deported ultimately. Please guys, anytime you're visiting the USA, if you're sure your host doesn't have complete papers, do not keep all your conversations with him/her on your phones, either whatsapp, sms ,email or Facebook conversations. Make sure you delete them all and clear your call logs before you land in Yankee so you don't implicate yourself and the poor fellow hustling there to survive and immediately after you've landed, make sure you block some friends in Nigeria and in USA who may be asking how far about your journey. There could be suspicious info in your conversations. Thanks for reading the long story and please, be wise!

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Priceless200(f): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
awelekiti:
Happy Easter all. Pls I have important piece of info to share with you guys, though better shared in the US Visa thread unfortunately, I don't belong there but I'm sure some of us here also do visit US once in a while. If you're transiting in USA en route Canada, this info may not really concern you. I was in MD recently and at the POE in Baltimore, I was sent to the secondary inspection area by the immigration Officer, who was supposed to admit me into US. This was very strange to me. The CBP asked for my passports and other travel documents which I gave to him. Before I knew it, he asked for my mobile phone. He said nice phone, thinking he'd return it, he just asked for my password and at this point, I frowned at him cos he seemed to be going too far. I told him my phone contains my private stuffs and so, I'm sorry I can't do that. He asked me to sit down, still keeping the phone. Later he called me and said, he's not intruding on my privacy, that it's part of their routine security checks and as I could see while seated, I wasn't the only one who was asked to grant them access to their phones. Reluctantly, I asked for the phone so I could unlock it with my password myself which he accepted, whilst he was watching me with one eye, thinking maybe I could delete any info. I gave him back, telling him to be tapping the screen every minute so it doesn't lock. Before I knew it, he tapped my whatsapp icon and was busy reading my messages, which greatly infuriated me. Later, he asked if there was any email conversations with my business partner I came visiting despite the invitation letter I was carrying and I said yes, he gave me the phone and I opened my mailbox to show him. He grabbed the phone and started checking my emails one after the other . He later asked if I had any relation in USA apart from my partners and I said I had some old friends but I don't know which state they were in and I don't have their contacts either. He also tapped my Facebook messenger icon and was busy reading my messages, I felt greatly upset seeing this. Later he gave the phone back to me with other travel docs and finally admitted me. In a nut Shell, Yankee is now though at their POE oo. I thought it was because I boarded a qatar Airways that made them subject me to such a scrutiny as it's always the experience of some passengers who boarded their plane to Yankee but I saw pple who also came with BA, American, Delta, etc being scrutinised . Everywhere became crowded at the secondary inspection . I was shocked when some guys both black and white were sent back home in my presence, while I was seated. One of the guys who was denied entry shot himself in the leg. One of the CBPs said, sir, but you said you don't have anybody in US when I asked and you said you'd return after your visit but going by your whatsapp message, you said to one of your friends that you're here for good.and and you're not coming back anytime soon, unfortunately, you're gonna return with the next available flight to your country sir. One white guy claimed he didn't have a relation in US was asked who's Henry? He said it's an old friend who lives in US. The CBP said he's not saying the truth and he'd ensure he locate Henry through his mobile number before he decides if he'd be admitted or not because he communicated with Henry via sms and calls barely 24 hours before arrival in USA and if he's an illegal resident, he'd be arrested and both of them would be deported ultimately. Please guys, anytime you're visiting the USA, if you're sure your host doesn't have complete papers, do not keep all your conversations with him/her on your phones, either whatsapp, sms ,email or Facebook conversations. Make sure you delete them all and clear your call logs before you land in Yankee so you don't implicate yourself and the poor fellow hustling there to survive and immediately after you've landed, make sure you block some friends in Nigeria and in USA who may be asking how far about your journey. There could be suspicious info in your conversations. Thanks for reading the long story and please, be wise!

Wow! This is quite extreme. What's happening to God's own land o.. Thanks for this info dear.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afehin71(f): 8:28am On Apr 03, 2018
Good morning house, I'm new here on this forum and I am applying for a tourist visit so I kind of need advice on requirements...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 10:38am On Apr 03, 2018
afehin71:
Good morning house, I'm new here on this forum and I am applying for a tourist visit so I kind of need advice on requirements...
Purpose of visit first, If it is for Pleasure.... No need for invitation Letter.

If you have someone inviting you, You need an invitation letter.

Start with the basics, but have a strong fronting, not flimsy reasons to travel.

You can even say you want to go and experience snow, I have seen it work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
vibrant99:

Purpose of visit first, If it is for Pleasure.... No need for invitation Letter.

Start with the basics, but have a strong fronting, not flimsy reasons to travel.

Tell me the last time that joke worked.

A Nigerian wants to apply for Canadian visa just to go and see snow?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afehin71(f): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
vibrant99:

I'm actually going for a wedding of my friend's daughter and I have an invite already do I also need another statement of purpose apart from the invite
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
Do you know the Most people who get their Visa's Approved?
The normal Applications you will find in the waste-Bin!

3 years ago , a young lady was in front of me at the US consular, she was asked why she wanted to travel, she said, " I have never traveled anywhere before, My husband asked me to choose a place and i Choose the US, I want to see the White house" * i swear***, The interviewer burst into serious laff, and said, Please remember to take a picture!!!!

Leave all this Una seriousness ooo!
justwise:

Tell me the last time that joke worked.

A Nigerian wants to apply for Canadian visa just to go and see snow?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
Surely, SOP, telling them who the person is and why you have to spend so much to attend the wedding, the side attractions of the wedding and how your attendance wil be special, In short, Let them know you will be using the opportunity to see Canada.
afehin71:

I'm actually going for a wedding of my friend's daughter and I have an invite already do I also need another statement of purpose apart from the invite

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afehin71(f): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2018
vibrant99:
Surely, SOP, telling them who the person is and why you have to spend so much to attend the wedding, the side attractions of the wedding and how your attendance wil be special, In short, Let them know you will be using the opportunity to see Canada.

Apparently, I have been denied Canada visa before in 2016 and I hope reapplying doesn't mean another decline? Also how much is expected in the statement of account and are microfinance accounts acceptable too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
Oh!, You have a denial?

1. What did you apply for before being denied?
2. Did you use an agent?

Money anywhere is okay, But trust me, This people dont look at your Money strenuously this days.
afehin71:

Apparently, I have been denied Canada visa before in 2016 and I hope reapplying doesn't mean another decline? Also how much is expected in the statement of account and are microfinance accounts acceptable too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Codedmd: 10:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
Someone shd please gv response to this post nah

Codedmd:
Hello everyone n all D gurus on dis thread. I'm planning on visiting Canada during my leave period dat comes towards November but I av some questions I need u guys to clear 4 me.

1) I am sure I can visit Canada as tourist using hotel booking without invitation letter.

2) I am working in an organization b4 for like 3yrs but got govt employment last year, my question here is dat, does my application has anything to do wit my work place or only my new place of work

3) I read something here dat if someone has money dat enters ones salary account, d person must explain d source of d income, on dis issue I av anoda business dat I do wch d money enters d same account with my salary but d problem is dat dis business ain't mine directly. My uncle is into buying scrap caterpillars cutting it n later take it to company dat buys crap irons so whenever he has a huge business like dat he do call me to invest on it too and it has been successful 4 years now, so iffa want to explain dis income, how do I go abt d explanation?

4) I av been denied US visit visa twice b4, wen I read through dis thread I understand dat I need to include details of refused visas but I av lost d paper giving to me from my US first attempt, I only av d 2nd attempt, can I add d only one I av?

Thanks in advance as all answers, advice n contributions is welcomed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:23am On Apr 04, 2018
Peterpan231:
Who has the direct email address to the Canadian embassy, not vsf global, I want to express my dissatisfaction with them in a letter, my refusal letter is dated 23/2/18, that is to say they already reach a decision on or B4 that date. My appointment was for 6th March, but instead of notifying me so I can cancel my appointment, they held on to my passport for another one month. There by making me look irresponsible to my prospective client. Not just that they returned only my passport and kept all my supporting documents for themselves, I know the letters are addressed to them, but not my company documents and marriage and children's birth certificate, and in their letter they want me to reapply and pay yet another round of fees. NO I WILL NOT. Will look to visit the UK or us instead. I just need them to send me back my documents. That's all. If anyone has their direct email address, please pass it. Thanks

Hi, please make reference to your refusal letter to find out which office that processed it then send an email to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca or lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca or just send to both and the responsible office will respond to you as appropriate.
alternatively, you can raise a webform at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx to lay out your complains and state all details such as full name, UCI, DOB and application number. good luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jelmusboy(m): 9:31am On Apr 04, 2018
Hello House, do I need hotel reservation and flight booking to apply for Canada visit visa? I am going for a 6-day summer institute at a University there and I already have the invitation letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by benuche: 11:06am On Apr 04, 2018
Please im trying to visit canada as a tourist from uk.im an international masters student in uk.also doing a care job here ,have a federal job in Nigeria .please which documents do i present to Canadian embassy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afehin71(f): 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
vibrant99:
Oh!, You have a denial?

1. What did you apply for before being denied?
2. Did you use an agent?

Money anywhere is okay, But trust me, This people dont look at your Money strenuously this days.

I did it myself no agent I got an invite from a friend too for the first application and I applied for a visit too I have also being denied USA once
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by benuche: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
Please im trying to visit canada as a tourist from uk.im an international masters student in uk.also doing a care job here ,have a federal job in Nigeria .please which documents do i present to Canadian embassy
Please reply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2018
benuche:
Please reply

every official documents you deem fit in addition to all the ones stated on their website
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mimikoko: 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
Good evening house, I am applying for a renewal of my Canadian TRV. The expired one was done using the online method, but now I'm thinking of using the paper method as it seems to be much faster. My worry is that they won't hold my passport as i may need to travel to the US in 2 months time.
Please is there anyone here who has recently applied using the online route and how long did it take to be called for biometrics and collection of passport? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mamamiamia: 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hi guys, please has anyone that applied for a TRV in March via paper route gotten any correspondence from the Canadian embassy or VFS. Please, kindly share your timeline...thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mamamiamia: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
If it’s online, you’ll receive correspondence for biometrics immediately or a maximum of 5days. The wait is usually receiving a passport request. Sometimes they process the application on time, and sometimes you have to wait a long time. My mum waited for 5 months ( May- September) and my family friend waited for 3 weeks

mimikoko:
Good evening house, I am applying for a renewal of my Canadian TRV. The expired one was done using the online method, but now I'm thinking of using the paper method as it seems to be much faster. My worry is that they won't hold my passport as i may need to travel to the US in 2 months time.
Please is there anyone here who has recently applied using the online route and how long did it take to be called for biometrics and collection of passport? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afehin71(f): 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2018
How much is visa fee

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Deering1008, paragon40(m), deejay102, Candybright, Josy18ng, oluayebenz, corporateDan(m), Nkaluu800(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.