Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,488 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:34 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2404217 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (1129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1koboko: 9:47am On Mar 05, 2016
justwise:
@1koboko

Is cover letter part of visa requirements?

HI justwise, a covering letter strictly speaking is not a visa requirement.

However, it is an invaluable and inalienable (in my view) part of a Canadian visa application for the reasons I exhaustively highlighted in my earlier post.

If you dump a bunch of papers before d visa officers without an index, they may not find valuable documents that might help your application.

Little wonder people keep complaining here for instance that they have impressive travel history and provided evidence but were still denied a visa on that account.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by elcee1: 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
hello matenal i saw a website called somira cannada group and they advice me to to apply through them if am interested in coming to cannada and i should tell them the kind of visa am interested in and i have to apply with 35usd.pls how true is this company?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
elcee1:
hello matenal i saw a website called somira cannada group and they advice me to to apply through them if am interested in coming to cannada and i should tell them the kind of visa am interested in and i have to apply with 35usd.pls how true is this company?
Scam! Waste your money if you got nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
1koboko:

HI justwise, a covering letter strictly speaking is not a visa requirement.

However, it is an invaluable and inalienable (in my view) part of a Canadian visa application for the reasons I exhaustively highlighted in my earlier post.

If you dump a bunch of papers before d visa officers without an index, they may not find valuable documents that might help your application.

Little wonder people keep complaining here for instance that they have impressive travel history and provided evidence but were still denied a visa on that account.

Bro brief explanation is all one needs, no point writing pages of cover letter for visiting visa. Submit required documents and give brief explanation where required as to why you want to visit Canada, places you tend to visit etc. Most of the information needed will be contained in the application form then use the blank space for additional information if required

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1koboko: 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
justwise:

Bro brief explanation is all one needs, no point writing pages of cover letter for visiting visa. Submit required documents and give brief explanation where required as to why you want to visit Canada, places you tend to visit etc. Most of the information needed will be contained in the application form then use the blank space for additional information if required

Well, just sharing what worked for me and also someone who took my advise. My covering letter was just a page long and I managed to touch d salient points. I agree that d basic information they need is contained in the application forms. The covering note however, ties the accompanying documents to the data contained in d form.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrkhaynoni: 12:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
1koboko:

HI Cala, be patient. Mine lasted over 60 days before I got the notification. You are likely to get d prompt this coming week or at d most the upper week. Please, share the good news when it comes in. Get your self busy with work to kill the anxiety. Congratulations in advance

Thanks a lot bro, very insightful.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by youseuph(m): 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
I have a professional exam to write in Canada in July, pls how do I go about visa application, which type of visa do I need to apply for?

And I heard that Canada don't consider those without travel experience. I don't have so what are my chances of securing the visa?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guttentag(m): 5:52am On Mar 08, 2016
I applied for a visiting visa and am done with the biometric process, please how long will it take the VO to approve my visa.
Thanks house
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 6:45am On Mar 08, 2016
guttentag:
I applied for a visiting visa and am done with the biometric process, please how long will it take the VO to approve my visa.
Thanks house

The processing time for visit visa is now 60 days

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by youseuph(m): 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
youseuph:
I have a professional exam to write in Canada in July, pls how do I go about visa application, which type of visa do I need to apply for?

And I heard that Canada don't consider those without travel experience. I don't have so what are my chances of securing the visa?

Thanks.

Somebody shld pls answer my question!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ehemwhy(m): 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hello everyone , please a brother needs your advice
My cousin resident in canada ( a senior IT consultant ) has decided to send me an invitation and his SOA.

These are the documents I have presently:
Virgin passport
Two survey plans in my name and my mum
Bank account to the tune of 1.5 m
I lost my job last october and I intend to tell them I'm into farming ( how can I substantiate this?)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 9:37am On Mar 11, 2016
Hello All, has any January applicant heard from vfs?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guttentag(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
Cala:
Hello All, has any January applicant heard from vfs?

Nothing yet
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
I finally took the deep dive...

Submited a TRV application on March 8th and biometrics on the 10th.

I went the online route and I'm glad I can keep my passport while they take their time to consider the application.

And incase they don't want to see my face again for Toronto, there will be no sudden heartbeat searching for the visa on my passport.

The count down has just started....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 9:05am On Mar 12, 2016
Urgent Advice Please...
My application for visiting has exceeded 60 working days already and yet no news from the embassy, document presented are as follows.. Acct balance of over 3.7M, An invitation letter from a company in Canada and other supporting documents, please what could be causing the delay and what could be my faith at this moment please......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 9:05am On Mar 12, 2016
Bass450:
Urgent Advice Please...
My application for visiting has exceeded 60 working days already and yet no news from the embassy, document presented are as follows.. Acct balance of over 3.7M, An invitation letter from a company in Canada and other supporting documents, please what could be causing the delay and what could be my faith at this moment please......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 9:11am On Mar 12, 2016
Someone should pls answer my question pls.....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2016
Urgent Advice Please...
My application for visiting has exceeded 60 working days already and yet no news from the embassy, document presented are as follows.. Acct balance of over 3.7M, An invitation letter from a company and other supporting documents, please what could be causing the delay and what could be my faith at this moment please......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 9:28am On Mar 12, 2016
Excuse me!! Please is Visitor Visa processed in Lag or Accra?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 9:52am On Mar 12, 2016
No news yet, mine was on the 7th of Jan.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Bass450:
No news yet, mine was on the 7th of Jan.

I think they are just slow and the delay doesn't mean anything negative. My application has also exceeded 60 days and no news.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kdf3449(m): 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hello People,

Please i need professional advice on how to approach my travel plans. I have been working here in Dubai for almost 2years now and i just got married December 2015,I have traveled to South Africa, Kenya, Turkey ( twice ), Italy and Spain,all these visas i got from here in Dubai with no stress. I wish to take my wife on a trip to Canada but because she hasn't gotten her residence here,she can't apply from here with me so i am planning on coming back to Nigeria to apply there with her. I would like to know if i can use my statement of account here to apply over there in Nigeria because i don't have a salary account there in Nigeria. I also wish to know how long the visa processing time takes because I can't be away from work for too long as my company must issue me a late stating the period am going off work.( it takes just 14 days over here )

Please i will appreciate if i can get advice on my plans.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 11:49am On Mar 13, 2016
I would advice you apply over there, cause over there in 9ja, it takes over 80 working days.. Hence your package is complete your good too go. You can equally make use of your statement from there, hence you can convince the VO that you can have access to it over there in CA.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kdf3449(m): 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bass450:
I would advice you apply over there, cause over there in 9ja, it takes over 80 working days.. Hence your package is complete your good too go. You can equally make use of your statement from there, hence you can convince the VO that you can have access to it over there in CA.

Thanks a lot. I have my card tied to my account so I can access it anywhere but I am worried about my wife and that's why I can't apply here because I want us to apply together. I see that you applied for same visitor visa,please if it's not too much stress,can you give me details of submitted documents and what are the steps?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bass450:
Pls get ur facts right, it's clearly stated on their website which was recently updated on 8th of March, it takes 61days. So please stop passing the wrong information. Here is a link to confirm http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kdf3449(m): 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
andre99:

Pls get ur facts right, it's clearly stated on their website which was recently updated on 8th of March, it takes 61days. So please stop passing the wrong information. Here is a link to confirm http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Thanks a lot,am sure maybe because it was recently updated that's why Bass450 didn't know. PlEase do you have any idea or advice regarding to my previous post? Every info will be helpful. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
Okay when it comes to visiting visa from 9ja, it varies okay. the VO don't work by the actual processing time okay, it's just prayr's.. Have seen testimonies of people who got there's just in two weeks and othr people have to wait for almost 80 working days for the good news, that's if your package is complete.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bass450:
Okay when it comes to visiting visa from 9ja, it varies okay. the VO don't work by the actual processing time okay, it's just prayr's.. Have seen testimonies of people who got there's just in two weeks and othr people have to wait for almost 80 working days for the good news, that's if your package is complete.
I get u, but do u realize what 80 working days means that's like 4 months which is equivalent to 120 days. U probably meant 80 days. On most cases visa officers work on the regular stipulated days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bass450: 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Indeed, I meant 80 days..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bass450:

Wetin una no go tie prayers to in this country? While I am not doubting the efficacy and importance of prayers but did the person who got a response in just two weeks apply for the same purpose with the one of 80 days?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
kdf3449:
Hello People,

Please i need professional advice on how to approach my travel plans. I have been working here in Dubai for almost 2years now and i just got married December 2015,I have traveled to South Africa, Kenya, Turkey ( twice ), Italy and Spain,all these visas i got from here in Dubai with no stress. I wish to take my wife on a trip to Canada but because she hasn't gotten her residence here,she can't apply from here with me so i am planning on coming back to Nigeria to apply there with her. I would like to know if i can use my statement of account here to apply over there in Nigeria because i don't have a salary account there in Nigeria. I also wish to know how long the visa processing time takes because I can't be away from work for too long as my company must issue me a late stating the period am going off work.( it takes just 14 days over here )

Please i will appreciate if i can get advice on my plans.

Thanks

Because your wife is applying then both of you have to apply online from Nigeria, do your biometrics and go back to dubai. I believe you can use your dubai statement. You just have to put uae as your country of residence. When they send you an approval mail, you would have to come back to Nigeria to submit your passports for visa. You have 30 days to submit your passport after you receive the approval mail. This is just my thinking

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (1129) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Europ2018(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.