Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2343901 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cutelass: 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
sugah:
I applied for a TRV since March and no responses yet.
Has anyone been issued a TRV recently?

I applied online Mid-February, did biometric same mid-February.
Refusal mail: Last week
Reason: I'm not convinced you'll leave canada at the end of your visit based on purpose of visit

Applied to visit my cousin: it was supposed to be combined with my trip to the U.S.

Pls who knows how I can order gcms notes?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
cutelass:

Reason: I'm not convinced you'll leave canada at the end of your visit based on purpose of visit

Applied to visit my cousin: it was supposed to be combined with my trip to the U.S.

I applied via paper route on 30th of January, 2020. I linked my application online in April. Till date, no update.
Did VFS call you to deliver your passport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sugah: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
cutelass:

Sorry about your refusal.
Do you already have a US visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cutelass: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
babs4all:

I applied via paper route on 30th of January, 2020. I linked my application online in April. Till date, no update.
Did VFS call you to deliver your passport?

I applied online so didn't submit passporr
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cutelass: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
sugah:

Sorry about your refusal.
Do you already have a US visa?

Yes have a valid US visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sugah: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
cutelass:

Yes have a valid US visa
I wonder why the rejection then.
At least our borders are open again, maybe they'd start attending to other requests
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uzomacl(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2020
cutelass:

I think there's a website where you can apply and get the GCMS within 14 days or so. Is this your first time of applying to Canada?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cutelass: 2:52am On Aug 19, 2020
uzomacl:

I think there's a website where you can apply and get the GCMS within 14 days or so. Is this your first time of applying to Canada?

Yes it is
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Has anyone received his or her passport from VFS in the recent time? Paper application since 30th of January.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chacha214: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
please house, am new here and i want to find out if i apply for visit visa and get it can i convert it to student visa when i get to canada ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
chacha214:
please house, am new here and i want to find out if i apply for visit visa and get it can i convert it to student visa when i get to canada ?
No. You have to apply for student Visa from onset. You will be advised to go back to your country to apply for a student visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chacha214: 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
please house can dubai be used as travel history for canada visit/tourist visa application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uzomacl(m): 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
chacha214:
please house can dubai be used as travel history for canada visit/tourist visa application

Yes! Any travel outside Nigeria serves as your travel history

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manalejo(m): 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
Please, I have just been offered a job in Canada and I'm supposed to resume on 30th of October, please, which visa should I apply for? Al;so, I have not travel outside Nigeria before, how do i go about it? Please help.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AngelicBeing: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
manalejo:
Please, I have just been offered a job in Canada and I'm supposed to resume on 30th of October, please, which visa should I apply for? Al;so, I have not travel outside Nigeria before, how do i go about it? Please help.
Hian, offered a job in Canada, l hope you are not been led to a slaughter slab by guymen to be eaten by sharks and wicked agents, if you are not a highy sought professional after the order of the Albert Einstein's of this world in the STEM fields, the probability of securing a job as a black African from Africa without a Canadian / western experience is like telling Buhari to climb Mountain Everest with bathroom slippers, let me go back to Mount Everest where I currently reside and watch proceedings from there, good luck shocked

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by crazyinlove: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, offered a job in Canada, l hope you are not been led to a slaughter slab by guymen to be eaten by sharks and wicked agents, if you are not a highy sought professional after the order of the Albert Einstein's of this world in the STEM fields, the probability of securing a job as a black African from Africa without a Canadian / western experience is like telling Buhari to climb Mountain Everest with bathroom slippers, let me go back to Mount Everest where I currently reside and watch proceedings from there, good luck shocked

The probability is here if it's a caregiver job
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
crazyinlove:

The probability is here if it's a caregiver job

If it is the person would not ask how to come here. They should know the next steps to take because you have to apply for the full process.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
manalejo:
Please, I [b]have just been offered a job in Canada [/b]and I'm supposed to resume on 30th of October, please, which visa should I apply for? Al;so, I have not travel outside Nigeria before, how do i go about it? Please help.

Egungun be careful
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AngelicBeing: 12:38am On Aug 21, 2020
daks02:

If it is the person would not ask how to come here. They should know the next steps to take because you have to apply for the full process.
Exactly, I know about the caregiver jobs, but let me remain on top of Mount Everest with the chilling snow, my plate of fresh fish pepper soup until the coronavirus epidemic is over, make the guy open is eyes o, guymen are online with fake job offers to lure desperate Buhari kids who are suffering in Nigeria, you might be surprised that those operating that website are living in ajegunle waiting for mugus to drop for them to eat amala, bokoto shaki and Nkwobi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 1:03am On Aug 21, 2020
VFS update

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Infiosa: 9:44am On Aug 23, 2020
Hi gurus in the house, I just need some clarification. Are children under age 14 not allowed to take biometrics for canadian TRV/ visitor visa ? That was the message that appeared when trying to add my children for biometrics enrollment. Thanks as your advice will be greatly appreciated � �.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pheemeehan: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2020
cutelass:

Yes have a valid US visa

Having valid US Visa is not automatic approval for Canada Visa. I once experienced that too. Canada only honoured a used America Visa. I will advise you visit US first and when returned you resubmit application definitely you get your Visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by koonleh: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2020
Pls house
Can someone on a visit visa do a short course in Canada? If yes, Aw is it done.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mumayo: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
koonleh:
Pls house
Can someone on a visit visa do a short course in Canada? If yes, Aw is it done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdOBg9u08bI

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sandysprax(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
Please who knows if having an Express entry profile can affect the outcome of my tourist visa application negatively.

Also, any ideas how much application fees for tourist visa is.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oonibest: 1:05am On Aug 25, 2020
Good day friends..pls how can i book for biometrics. any phone or wat procedures shld follow. tanx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hamzat55: 7:15am On Aug 25, 2020
I don't think it will affect your tourist visa. Visa fee for tourist visa is $185cad

sandysprax:
Please who knows if having an Express entry profile can affect the outcome of my tourist visa application negatively.

Also, any ideas how much application fees for tourist visa is.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hamzat55: 7:17am On Aug 25, 2020
Don't waste your time using email and phone call to book. However, the easy way to book instantly is via 'Online'

oonibest:
Good day friends..pls how can i book for biometrics. any phone or wat procedures shld follow. tanx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OyiBeeBee: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2020
Hello.

Please is there anyone here who has successfully applied for TRV and has a spouse in Canada who is a PR or citizen.

Please I want to know what documents you submitted to convince the visa officer that you will return home and what is the minimum amount to have in your account?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oonibest: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2020
good day house... please help me out... i have done my upfront medical to canada but they have not update it... wat am i suppose to do n wat might have cos it. tanx my people. pls help me out. tanx great gurus
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GFavor: 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello House, if your kids are US Citizens and you want to apply for tourist visa, do you have to fill in your forms that the children will be traveling with you. Or you just apply alone as they will not be needing a Visa.

2. Can you ask a friend who is a Student to give you invitation letter, I do not intend to stay behind. I want to apply now against summer next year. Italy first time applying to Canada. Please do you advice I ask my friend for a letter or I just make hotel reservations.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
It's really worrisome...I submitted my passport for visa stamping since March 11, I haven't heard anything from them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: corporateDan(m), maziemeka2024, Derende(m), Pklassic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.