Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323379 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

You should include whatever in your opinion feels like it’ll help prove your case.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AyabaS: 3:25am On Dec 05, 2021
Kikstar:

Please what’s the link to the new portal. How can I access it. Thank you

You can use this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa/portal-application-process.html

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 5:06am On Dec 05, 2021
Hello everyone congratulations to everyone that got ppr..
I'm a student I want to apply for visitors visa for my mum through the new portal and I just want to know the required documents to submit on her behalf?

Thank You.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 5:59am On Dec 05, 2021
Wifefo88:
I'm a student I want to apply for visitors visa for my mum through the new portal and I just want to know the required documents to submit on her behalf?

Thank You.

Do you have a relatives in Canada that's PR ? Who can invite her ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2021
Wifefo88:

Thank You.

You will get a checklist unique to your application after the initial steps. She is your immediate relative and you're a temporary resident in Canada. Select that option and then click the blue button that will appear to enter the new portal (Select Second Radio Button).

You will then create a new account in the portal which is different from your regular CIC/ GC Key account (if you opened one when applying for your student visa).

I guess the system will generate a check list for you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LindiweeE: 12:34am On Dec 06, 2021
Hi Everyone, I submitted my application for a visitor visa on September 18, 2021. Till date,I havent heard anythng from them. I am reading through the thread and seeing posts about old and new portal for application. Am I supposed to reapply or Can I submit a new application while the old one is still running and see if they will respond within 14-30 days. Please can someone provide clarification
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrobrown2000: 2:59am On Dec 06, 2021
congratulation to all that have approval...may Canada favour you and your love ones....Pls how do one send a letter of written authorization when one ticks yes....I really need to know how to go about this ...
Secondly how you send a webform on the new portal if you want to update a document
Thanks patiently waiting for a response

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by holyjacket: 5:37am On Dec 06, 2021
LindiweeE:
Hi Everyone, I submitted my application for a visitor visa on September 18, 2021. Till date,I havent heard anythng from them. I am reading through the thread and seeing posts about old and new portal for application. Am I supposed to reapply or Can I submit a new application while the old one is still running and see if they will respond within 14-30 days. Please can someone provide clarification

When did you chose as the start time for your visitor visa? Is it December or next year? That plays a huge role too. I have seen many people who applied using the GCkey getting visitor visa, so its not limited to the new portal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LindiweeE: 9:14am On Dec 06, 2021
holyjacket:

When did you chose as the start time for your visitor visa? Is it December or next year? That plays a huge role too. I have seen many people who applied using the GCkey getting visitor visa, so its not limited to the new portal.

I applied for December
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheExalted: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2021
@All,

Now that Canada has banned us due to the latest variant, Omicron, what happens to visa processing?
Hope it will not affect those that have submitted passports for visa?
Can one travel to a green country for 2 weeks then proceed to Canada?

I'm puzzled.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Motheexplorer: 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2021
spongebobsquare:
Hi Motheexplorer: please can you share the format of your Quarantine plan. Thank you

Here you go(please note that this was done in July. Not sure quarantine plans are necessary anymore)

Dear Sir,
COVID-19 QUARANTINE PLANS
Please see below myself and my daughter's detailed quarantine plans upon our arrival in Canada.
I’ll be arriving with my 5 year old daughter at the Toronto Pearson airport and after our mandatory 3 day stay at any of the recommended COVID-19 stopover hotels, we will proceed to an Airbnb in ……... The plan is to spend our 14 day quarantine there and proceed to my brother's house after we have received our negative COVID-19 test result. Our transportation from the COVID-19 stopover hotel to the Airbnb will be via Uber or Lyft.
For our groceries while we are there, we will order them via Amazon prime and have it delivered to our door. There is also the option of the Walmart delivery service which I hear is very efficient. All our take outs/meals will be delivered via Uber Eats and my brother or his wife will also send home-made meals to us via Ubers as well. Once the 14 day quarantine is over & we have received our negative COVID-19 test result, we will proceed to my brothers house, also in …….., for the rest of our vacation.
I undertake to do all the necessary COVID-19 tests before and during our stay in Canada and will also ensure our health insurance is updated and covers any possible COVID-19 emergencies throughout.
Regards,

Name
Email
Date

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchetobi(f): 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hi guys.. how long does it take to get your passport back after PPR?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Just got PPR for my wife and Children.

Do I need to book appointment for passport submission in Abuja?

I want to thank everyone here that helped. Special thanks to Motheexplorer for answering all my questions and Afrobrown2000 who pin pointed the new link I missed. I submitted a second application through the old portal beginning of October.

The 30 working days worked having submitted my last application on the 27th of October through the new portal.

My initial application was since March 2020!

Lastly, do I write to cancel the other applications or are they deemed cancelled already? I put all the previous application details in my most recent submission letter.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gazu007: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hello everyone

Just wanted to drop my update.

I first applied on the old platform in April and reapplied on the new platform October 14. Got ppr November 26 then sent passport to abuja on the 29th , received stamped passport on the 6th today.

Thank u all for ur contribution.

God bless

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2021
TheExalted:
@All,

Now that Canada has banned us due to the latest variant, Omicron, what happens to visa processing?
Hope it will not affect those that have submitted passports for visa?
Can one travel to a green country for 2 weeks then proceed to Canada?

I'm puzzled.

That thing is risky.

Imagine traveling to Dubai or Ireland for instance and then the Country gets added to the list before your 14 days wait is over.

I thought of it but it will be quite expensive especially if you don't have free accommodation.

At times like this sometimes, you may just have to take a chance but good to think of the associated risks. Indian students had to come through 3rd countries for a while.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Katt247: 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
congratulations. i tap in your blessing

gazu007:
Hello everyone

I first applied on the old platform in April and reapplied on the new platform October 14. Got ppr November 26 then sent passport to abuja on the 29th , received stamped passport on the 6th today.

God bless
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jwgirl: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
Please, For the employer letter (current) part, is it asking for mine or my sister that's inviting me? Because it says your employer in Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aamabel: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
galala123:

I want to thank everyone here that helped. Special thanks to Motheexplorer for answering all my questions and Afrobrown2000 who pin pointed the new link I missed. I submitted a second application through the old portal beginning of October.

The 30 working days worked having submitted my last application on the 27th of October through the new portal.

Lastly, do I write to cancel the other applications or are they deemed cancelled already? I put all the previous application details in my most recent submission letter.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aamabel: 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
gazu007:
Hello everyone

God bless

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damidamsel: 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hi All, please i have a question which may have been addressed prior but i just can’t find the specific answers so please pardon me.
My dad has just gotten PPR and he had initially gotten his biometrics in Lagos 2years ago. Now we want to send his passport to Abuja.
1) Will all fees including transmission fee and courier fee be paid via transfer to Canada Logistic Collection Account? Asking this because fee stated on the site is only for one way courier but we want to do two way
2) He does not recall being given a yellow biometric slip, he says maybe just a receipt. Would that suffice or would it be the BVL that was just sent to him that he needs?
3) I can’t find the consent form he needs to fill.
Thanks!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2021
Congratulations to everyone that got their PPR Today.

Debbie, did you also send get your PPR today? Seems currently on this thread, we are the only one who applied for Visit Visa without reuniting with Family member.

Want to know if the 30 working days is intact for our own case.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
aloskyyoung:

Debbie, did you also send get your PPR today? Seems currently on this thread, we are the only one who applied for Visit Visa without reuniting with Family member.

Likewise me too I applied for visit visa as a tourist without reuniting with family member just booked hotel reservation.

I did my biometric on 24 November

Although my travel date is still easter April sha
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
aloskyyoung:

No response yet , proposed travel date still far.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

No response yet , proposed travel date still far.

Aah, Far keeh, make dem no joke with peoples application o…

At least they should make decision before the proposed date arrives to avoid pending peoples visa.

If someone add the time they will still use for visa stamping, date will reach.

Hope you are aware that you can raise a web form if your 30 working days complete and no response on your application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
aloskyyoung:

Aah, Far keeh, make dem no joke with peoples application o…

At least they should make decision before the proposed date arrives to avoid pending peoples visa.

If someone add the time they will still use for visa stamping, date will reach.

Hope you are aware that you can raise a web form if your 30 working days complete and no response on your application.
Thank you for telling me this , I wasn’t aware but now you’ve told me I’m aware and I’ll do that. Today is my 30th working day, I submitted on the 21st and had biometrics on the 25th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Thank you for telling me this , I wasn’t aware but now you’ve told me I’m aware and I’ll do that. Today is my 30th working day, I submitted on the 21st and had biometrics on the 25th

Good, you can raise the web form tomorrow as today (Monday) hasn’t ended yet from other countries like CANADA and the likes.

They must not mess up.

My own 30 working days will be on Friday, I need to travel ASAP, I can’t wait for all this time wasting at all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrobrown2000: 1:14am On Dec 07, 2021
Congratulations......happy that helped

i just submitted my application and ticked yes for written Authorization to travel ....i Can remember taking any action as regards this even fully vaccinated.
If you ticked YES for written authorization letter, how do i go about this and do you have a template....thanks
galala123:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RuggedArab: 8:51am On Dec 07, 2021
So we (I and my Mom) applied for a visiting visa to see my Bro who is a PR in Canada for a short stay. Initially I did the application through the old portal and days letter I found out about the new portal and applied again.

On the new portal we applied as a group (family), that was on 19th Nov 2021. PPR came 7th Dec for my mom and they refused me.

Reasons they gave for my refusal
- You will not come back based on your assets and financial status
- you will not come back based on your ties in Canada and country of residence
- you will not come back based on travel history ( I cannot do anything here really, I have not really had reason except for now to travel though)

Now this is the Issue - My mom is aged and cannot travel alone, we stated this in the application reason I am accompanying her. We are first time travellers. She is saying of what use is the visa when she cannot travel alone except someone she is comfortable (Family member) with accompanies her.

- I have a nice job (Manager position). I uploaded my employment letter
- my assets (Landed properties) are jointly owned with my bro in Canada. uploaded the docs too
- I have a running lease contract with MTN Nigeria. I uploaded the doc

So House, what else can I do in my situation to respond to them? Note, I did not upload my bank statement since it is my bro that is sponsoring the visit which he wrote letter of support with his bank statement. should I have uploaded my bank statement? Do I need to write a strong LOE putting emotions as to why my aged mom cannot travel alone and the visa could be of no use to her?

I hate stress, you see why I jejely dey my dey enjoying myself. I am going to spend money and whiteman is refusing me visa too!...... just for laughs grin grin

I NEED HELP PLEASE
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheExalted: 9:51am On Dec 07, 2021
RuggedArab:
So we (I and my Mom) applied for a visiting visa to see my Bro who is a PR in Canada for a short stay. Initially I did the application through the old portal and days letter I found out about the new portal and applied again.

On the new portal we applied as a group (family), that was on 19th Nov 2021. PPR came 7th Dec for my mom and they refused me.

- you will not come back based on travel history ( I cannot do anything here really, I have not really had reason except for now to travel though)

Now this is the Issue - My mom is aged and cannot travel alone, we stated this in the application reason I am accompanying her. We are first time travellers. She is saying of what use is the visa when she cannot travel alone except someone she is comfortable (Family member) with accompanies her.

- my assets (Landed properties) are jointly owned with my bro in Canada. uploaded the docs too

So House, what else can I do in my situation to respond to them? Note, I did not upload my bank statement since it is my bro that is sponsoring the visit which he wrote letter of support with his bank statement. should I have uploaded my bank statement? Do I need to write a strong LOE putting emotions as to why my aged mom cannot travel alone and the visa could be of no use to her?

I hate stress, you see why I jejely dey my dey enjoying myself. I am going to spend money and whiteman is refusing me visa too!...... just for laughs grin grin

I NEED HELP PLEASE

I'm sorry about your refusal. The red flag, i believe, is that you didn't include your bank statement. You should have included your bank statement. Not including it sends a signal that you're relying solely on your brother. Please re-apply and include your statement. The letter you suggested is also okay.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RuggedArab: 10:05am On Dec 07, 2021
Thank you, I appreciate.

TheExalted:

I'm sorry about your refusal. The red flag, i believe, is that you didn't include your bank statement. You should have included your bank statement. Not including it sends a signal that you're relying solely on your brother. Please re-apply and include your statement. The letter you suggested is also okay.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aloskyyoung: 10:48am On Dec 07, 2021
Their response was extremely fast for your application (12 working days) but I guess they refused your own application because you didn’t upload your bank statement.

RuggedArab:

I NEED HELP PLEASE

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RuggedArab: 10:54am On Dec 07, 2021
Yes, I thought so too. I will reapply and add my bank statements (salary and savings) and LOE.

aloskyyoung:
Their response was extremely fast for your application (12 working days) but I guess they refused your own application because you didn’t upload your bank statement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Tomisyn26 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.