Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326950 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 8:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
I just did and there is no message from you.

bcolat21:
Thanks so much for your response, I really appreciate ☺️.

I have been trying to contact you all these while pls check your mail, I will appreciate a response from you.

Thank you

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
These days you can’t predict IRCC! We have seen people getting a decision two weeks after submission irrespective of the 120 days estimated processing time. It depends on the VO handling your application and how simplified it is.

The timeline recently shared by spouses of international student shows they get a decision between 1-4months.

Muslimah1200:
Hi guys
I’m new here and I just have a question to ask
So far from previous testimonies, how many months has it taken for people that apply for visit visa to go and visit their spouse that is on study visa?
And has anyone had success rate of applying before the applicant traveled and gotten the visit visa
Pls your replies would me much appreciated
Help a sister in distress cry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fyorgyn: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
ami213:
The operations of IRCC could be mysterious. Hahahaha!!!

Congratulations! Your sister’s application is indeed one of a kind.

Abuja VFS takes 1-5 working days.

Hehe.. very mysterious. I was really worried about not putting more things in the application. I’m glad it worked out in the end

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mercy445: 10:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hello All,

Please has anyone purchased Lufthansa ticket before with naira? if yes please what did you have to do? I know GTBank does something like that but it needs booking reference first and I can't reserve it?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Muslimah1200: 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
ami213:
These days you can’t predict IRCC! We have seen people getting a decision two weeks after submission irrespective of the 120 days estimated processing time. It depends on the VO handling your application and how simplified it is.

The timeline recently shared by spouses of international student shows they get a decision between 1-4months.

Hm thank youu o

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelejane: 11:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hi ,

please i need help with something bordering me. I'm applying for visit visa with my children, we plan to visit my siblings who have PR in Canada , i have travelled with my kids on summer holiday to UK twice . what will be the strong ties for children below 10 years when applying for a family visit visa ? i have requested for letter of verification of enrollment from their school . Please what else do i add to make our application sucessful especially my kids i don't want any refusal ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
Your children are still minors, so you don’t have to bother yourself about proving home ties for them.

adelejane:
Hi ,

please i need help with something bordering me. I'm applying for visit visa with my children, we plan to visit my siblings who have PR in Canada , i have travelled with my kids on summer holiday to UK twice . what will be the strong ties for children below 10 years when applying for a family visit visa ? i have requested for letter of verification of enrollment from their school . Please what else do i add to make our application sucessful especially my kids i don't want any refusal ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olamiikunle(m): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
Good Day members.
I want apply for VV as my wife holds a post graduate work permit in canada.
i dont have any travel history, but was refused study permit visa when not married yet. (reason is not satisfied i will return to home country after study)
i intend to explain that i want to visit her to help her settle in her new apartment as she moved from her mums house to another city after our wedding last month.
I have been seeing applications are made via the new portal. Please how do i navigate to the new portal during my application?
i have Landed document, car papers, job reference and leave letter, cac document for personal company, N3.2m POF, invitation letter, marriage certificate, parents for home ties (only child), her tenancy agreement, her work reference, her bank statement
Please any other document you advise i can add to the application?
i will be very grateful for any advise at all. thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
Good evening.
Please, how can a family of 3 apply for visiting visa online in just one envelope? I mean filling different application for each person but submitting all the 3 together as one and paying the application fee just one instead of paying separately.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bigwayne:
Hello everyone, I applied for visitor visa for my parents on the 30th of December last year with the new portal.
They completed their biometrics a few days later and it was updated within a week
I even asked them to do medicals which was also updated a few days later too. (I was told that they did not have to medicals as it is not necessary these days by people who got theirs without medicals. I am not sure how.)
Ever since the medical update no other update.
Eligibility has not yet started and background check is still in process.
The processing time is now beyond the application processing time for Nigerian applicants, 102 days. I am sure it is being processed in Kenya because in a reply to a webform to submit the medicals slip obtained, It was highlighted that the file was being processed in Nairobi.
I have sent numerous other webforms as a representative and they have also sent numerous web forms too as the applicants. No response has been received yet.
What else can i do? They are supposed to be in Canada in May.

Please sir, did you apply for them separately or together inside one envelope combining their application fee and paying it once?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
deebla:
It has surely ended in praise !

I was here about four weeks ago inquiring on the new portal. Well, Passport Request has landed for my folks. Thanks everyone

Visitors visa application was for my dad, mum and brother in a family application.
Previous visa approved 2018
Applied in August 2021 but no response or feedback or update
Reapplied in new portal March 17th
Completed webform to cancel previous application
Passport Request - April 13th
Dad and mum are retired
Brother is in masters program in a Nigerian University
I am a Canadian Citizen

I wish everyone applying all the best, don't give up!

Please sir, the application I'm about to submit is the same as yours. I don't know if I can message you or please tell me how you apply for the 3 of them together as a family application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bigwayne: 4:02am On Apr 25, 2022
I applied as 2 applications in the same portal and payed the fees at once.
Betterlife30:

Please sir, did you apply for them separately or together inside one envelope combining their application fee and paying it once?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donbaba123: 6:24am On Apr 25, 2022
Please how do I knw the VISA Office Processing my Application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2022
Hi everyone...

I plan to apply visitor's visa for my parents..I want to ask if the bank statement should be paper or the electronic mybankstatement sent directly to the embassy.

Thank You
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newww1(f): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2022
Hi all please I have been having issues logging into the IRCC account to start an application.

Please see the error message I have been getting
And assist me.

I get this after i put the email and password then click agree to the terms.

Has anyone been able to login want to know if its a general thing

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 11:13am On Apr 25, 2022
Wifefo88:
Hi everyone...

I plan to apply visitor's visa for my parents..I want to ask if the bank statement should be paper or the electronic mybankstatement sent directly to the embassy.

Thank You

mybankstatement is better since its just a page. It gives you more space to add other documents.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2022
Newww1:
Hi all please I have been having issues logging into the IRCC account to start an application.

Please see the error message I have been getting
And assist me.

I get this after i put the email and password then click agree to the terms.

Has anyone been able to login want to know if its a general thing

Try to clear your cookies, delete browsing history and restart your system. Try mozilla firefox.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 11:22am On Apr 25, 2022
Donbaba123:

Most applicatons for temporary residents from Nigerian nationals are processed in Nairobi, Kenya.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JoyIjere: 11:47am On Apr 25, 2022
Following. I am also wondering this because I need to send a webform with my updated passport details.
Donbaba123:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
JoyIjere:
Following. I am also wondering this because I need to send a webform with my updated passport details.

In the event an information is sent to a wrong visa office, it would be rerouted to the appropricate visa office processing the application of the applicant. You can raise webform to Lagos and Nairobi.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donbaba123: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
olasubomy:

Most applicatons for temporary residents from Nigerian nationals are processed in Nairobi, Kenya.

Ok thanks man
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bigwayne:
I applied as 2 applications in the same portal and payed the fees at once.

Please, don't be offended. I didn't understand this clearly. Can you elucidate please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadaboy3: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
Remix10:

can i pm you?
Yes , pls chat me on IG
Www.Instagram.com/mista_bami

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadaboy3: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
[quote author=Vinny102 post=112102143][/quote]

Old portal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadaboy3: 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
Please drop your email or IG or anyhow I can reach you. Thank you

www.Instagram.com/mista_bami
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
Please has anyone who applied for TRV via the new portal with valid us visa , gotten ppt without uploading bank statement or proof of fund ??

When I applied there was no section for bank statement, hence I did not upload.

My application is still ongoing since nov 2021. Eligibility not started
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vinny102: 3:14am On Apr 26, 2022
Canadaboy3:

Old portal
Really
God!!!
And I don't know that
My application has been one month and few days since after biometrics and one month and three weeks since after submission but still no changes and the convention which applied it for will hold by 1st July to 3rd July, 2022. Please what should I do? I hv sent a web form and the following was the response that I got �

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vinny102: 3:32am On Apr 26, 2022
Vinny102:

Really
God!!!
And I don't know that
My application has been one month and few days since after biometrics and one month and three weeks since after submission but still no changes and the convention which applied it for will hold by 1st July to 3rd July, 2022. Please what should I do? I hv sent a web form and the following was the response that I got �

Canadaboy3, ami213 and other gurus in the house pls respond

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newww1(f): 5:18am On Apr 26, 2022
olasubomy:

Try to clear your cookies, delete browsing history and restart your system. Try mozilla firefox.

Thanks a lot. This worked and I have submitted. God bless

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 6:02am On Apr 26, 2022
A moniker got approval without SOA sometimes in January because he used CAN+

quote author=Talksub post=112266780]Please has anyone who applied for TRV via the new portal with valid us visa , gotten ppt without uploading bank statement or proof of fund ??

When I applied there was no section for bank statement, hence I did not upload.

My application is still ongoing since nov 2021. Eligibility not started [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 6:08am On Apr 26, 2022
Your application is still within the processing time and the date for the conference is still in 2 months. Please relax and temporarily get your mind off it.

Vinny102:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 6:52am On Apr 26, 2022
Vinny102:

You can also try sending an e-mail to the member of parliament (MP) of the region to assist you in following up. Although, MP do not have influence in fastracking the applications but most times the immigration authorities tend to give them status update of the stage of the application as at date of enquiry.

Make sure you state all details concisely so the MP can understand it is timebound such that they can read your mail within few minutes and get your message.

You can await more suggestions from the gurus

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1102) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: affoncad, chiomapx and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.