Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323587 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelejane: 11:31pm On May 04, 2022
Hi ,

I'm back again with my questions. I'm travelling with my kids (2) to visit two siblings with PR. I have lived in the UK as a student and visited UK with kids too.

I will be sponsoring the entire trip to Canada, but the flight ticket is quite high for myself and my kids. I can afford to pay without any issues but the reality is that the amount i stated we will be spending on the trip after putting all expense together on our visa form is like half of the money in my savings account. ........balance in my account is 3.9 million if converted to Naira . . i don't know if this can affect my application . Imy business account has constant in flow which has a balance of 4.5 million Naira, i will add both personal and business account to this application.

My parents will also be travelling as its a family holiday to reunite with my siblings we haven't seen them since 2019.

question: Can my father sponsor part of the trip with a letter stating he will purchase our flight ticket ? or my sister in Canada should be the one sponsor part of the trip? or i just sponsor the trip as i already planned to do?

I feel I'm old enough to support myself but will it be a problem if half of my savings is spent on the trip as per what i filled in the visa form. I'm yet to submit so really thinking of the best way to present this to a visa officer without issues . please help a sister , need urgent response .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:49am On May 05, 2022
Hi,

Has anyone recently faced this issue on the new portal while trying to sign in, been seeing this for a while now, any solution?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:51am On May 05, 2022
Hi All,

Has anyone recently faced this issue on the new portal while trying to sign in, been seeing this for a while now, any solution?

Regards,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 8:55am On May 05, 2022
Although the Visa Officers are not predictable, but you risk Personal Asset and Financial Status concern
adelejane:
Hi ,

I'm back again with my questions. I'm travelling with my kids (2) to visit two siblings with PR. I have lived in the UK as a student and visited UK with kids too.

I will be sponsoring the entire trip to Canada, but the flight ticket is quite high for myself and my kids. I can afford to pay without any issues but the reality is that the amount i stated we will be spending on the trip after putting all expense together on our visa form is like half of the money in my savings account. ........balance in my account is 3.9 million if converted to Naira . . i don't know if this can affect my application . Imy business account has constant in flow which has a balance of 4.5 million Naira, i will add both personal and business account to this application.

My parents will also be travelling as its a family holiday to reunite with my siblings we haven't seen them since 2019.

question: Can my father sponsor part of the trip with a letter stating he will purchase our flight ticket ? or my sister in Canada should be the one sponsor part of the trip? or i just sponsor the trip as i already planned to do?

I feel I'm old enough to support myself but will it be a problem if half of my savings is spent on the trip as per what i filled in the visa form. I'm yet to submit so really thinking of the best way to present this to a visa officer without issues . please help a sister , need urgent response .

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xyz7: 10:02am On May 05, 2022
Thanks Hajia
2 photocopies of your passport BioData page.

They will kindly provide you with a copy of the consent form to fill.

Don't forget your pen!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 10:23am On May 05, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 10:30am On May 05, 2022
Hi,
Could you please give reasons why an applicant may find it difficult signing into the new portal as stated above kindly respond please.

Xyz7:
Thanks Hajia
2 photocopies of your passport BioData page.

They will kindly provide you with a copy of the consent form to fill.

Don't forget your pen!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xyz7: 12:57pm On May 05, 2022
Clear your browsing history or better still give another browser a try
josephb:
Hi,
Could you please give reasons why an applicant may find it difficult signing into the new portal as stated above kindly respond please.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BizErikah: 2:06pm On May 05, 2022
Thanks for response

Where can i FIND new portal??
Or please share link
mojisolani:

Apply in the new portal, apply now that you have valid us visa because you wont be needing statement of account once you still have a valid us visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BizErikah: 3:55pm On May 05, 2022
This has been incredibly difficult to navigate.

I am applying for a tourist visa with no family in Canada
What option do I select, where it asks reason for applying for visitor visa??
Options there are mostly to see family or funeral or work..

Which do I select, or what's the right way to apply online.
I just created an account ie the c...key
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 4:24pm On May 05, 2022
wow.

thats serious!
modified: I think they are basically trying to reduce incoming caregivers. I guess it is important for people to have good experience and qualifications now
Kurukuru:
For those of you making plan to apply for work with your visit visa, read this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/other-goals/mi-52.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xyz7: 4:50pm On May 05, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xyz7: 4:54pm On May 05, 2022
Xyz7:
Invite code
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Sign in
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
quote author=BizErikah post=112549276]
This has been incredibly difficult to navigate.

I am applying for a tourist visa with no family in Canada
What option do I select, where it asks reason for applying for visitor visa??
Options there are mostly to see family or funeral or work..

Which do I select, or what's the right way to apply online.
I just created an account ie the c...key

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Luggy4: 6:30pm On May 05, 2022
Hi alll.
Pls I have something to share here and I need help. Am an applicant for PR and I applied since September 2021 and already got approved in March. But still no ppr. Well in May I was asked to resend my police certificate cuz it expired. And from the way naija is with all e stress..... it took me 3weeks to have it .
And from there I immediately sent to to ircc , two days after I got a mail that they recieved. And I thought from there they will immediately request for my passport. But it's taking so longggg.
I feel lyk they've not received it . I hv school which starts in September
I don't know if this is normallllll. This alrdy the 10 month since I applied
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 7:49pm On May 05, 2022
hello,

please I will like to connect with anyone that applied for visitor's visa along with SOWP and got it. please I would like to know how you did it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 05, 2022
ditha:
wow.

thats serious!
modified: I think they are basically trying to reduce incoming caregivers. I guess it is important for people to have good experience and qualifications now
Kurukuru:
For those of you making plan to apply for work with your visit visa, read this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/other-goals/mi-52.html

Its very clear and there are exceptions and this post doesn't rule out the temporal public policy still in place until February 28, 2023, people are still applying just play by the rules shekina

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BizErikah: 10:38pm On May 05, 2022
Thanks, I have now filled the form
But again
I am told to submit the "supporting documents" listed below
And thet are
A copy of my us visa
A copy of my nin
A copy of my passport document

Then there's supporting documents...

Any idea what documents I should include aside
Hotel booking
Flight booking
Letter of introductions from banks n my company
Cac/mou documents??

I appreciate in advance

[quote author=Xyz7 post=112551075][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 8:22am On May 06, 2022
Eventually got SOWP PPR !!!!!!!!...

2 visitors visa refusal via the new portal
1st was submitted on 22nd November and refused on 30th December
Reasons:
-purpose of visit
-family ties
-travel record
2nd was on 5th January and refused on 20th February
Reasons:
-family ties
-travel record

SOWP submitted on 22nd February 2022,
-Travelled to Dubai on 4th of April 2022 for vacation (my wife came from Canada to meet me there in Dubai) and I returned to Nigeria on 22nd of April and on 1st of May I sent my new travel record via email to kenya, London and lagos IRCC offices with pictures with my wife.I also submitted it as webform. approval was received today, May 5th- 72days!!!. Pure miracle

I should add that I requested for reconsideration of the visitor's visa that was refused in December, and I did not hear from them until today, they sent a second rejection for the visit visa(that is making three visit visa rejections) followed immediately by an approval for the open work permit

I am very excited! I wish everyone waiting - favour!
ah God is too kind

18 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phatkayconcept: 8:48am On May 06, 2022
ditha:

1st was submitted on 22nd November and refused on 30th February
Reasons:
-purpose of visit
-family ties
-travel record
Reasons:
-family ties
-travel record

-Travelled to Dubai on 4th of April 2022 for vacation (my wife came from Canada to meet me there in Dubai) and I returned to Nigeria on 22nd of April and on 1st of May I sent my new travel record via email to kenya, London and lagos IRCC offices with pictures with my wife.I also submitted it as webform. approval was received today, May 5th- 72days!!!. Pure miracle

I should add that I requested for reconsideration of the visitor's visa that was refused in December, and I did not hear from them until today, they sent a second rejection for the visit visa(that is making three visit visa rejections) followed immediately by an approval for the open work permit

ah God is too kind

Congratulations, very happy for the family.

If you don't mind asking.

Do you mean that you submitted sowp after both 2nd visitor visa app was rejected?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 8:48am On May 06, 2022
Yes like 3 days after the second visit visa refusal
Phatkayconcept:

Congratulations, very happy for the family.

If you don't mind asking.

Do you mean that you submitted sowp after both 2nd visitor visa app was rejected?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kbrule: 9:25am On May 06, 2022
Guys, I'm in a serious deliemma and I need urgent help.
I studied Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development in my undergraduate level.
Now I would like to go for a Masters in Data Analytics or Business Analytics. In Canada. But the problem is that I don't meet the entry requirements for most schools in Canada.
Some schools in the USA offer foundational courses for people who are coming from other fields but I'm yet to see such for a Canadian school.
I'm also processing my express entry so my thinking is that if I should get EE, it will not only reduce my tuition, it will also make my life easier.

Now, my question is, considering my limitations, should I apply for a diploma in Data Analytics with co-op? And then do a apply for a Masters when I'm there.
Is this even possible?
Is it a waste of money??
Please I need advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 10:34am On May 06, 2022
Many Congratulations Ditha!!!!!!
This good news is long over due!

ditha:

Reasons:
-purpose of visit
-family ties
-travel record
Reasons:
-family ties
-travel record

ah God is too kind
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chuksiesmom: 10:36am On May 06, 2022
Congratulations

ditha:

Reasons:
-purpose of visit
-family ties
-travel record
Reasons:
-family ties
-travel record

ah God is too kind
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dbobobaby: 11:08am On May 06, 2022
Please is it only those that have relatives in Canada that are currently getting their visa approved? Did anyone apply with just an invittation letter from a friend and their request got approved on the new portal?
Kindly assist

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 11:44am On May 06, 2022
Congratulations sir long overdue celebration
ditha:

Reasons:
-purpose of visit
-family ties
-travel record
Reasons:
-family ties
-travel record

ah God is too kind

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrobrown2000: 12:29pm On May 06, 2022
CONGRATULATIONS I TAP INTO THIS MIRACLE IN JESUS NAME
ditha:

Reasons:
-purpose of visit
-family ties
-travel record
Reasons:
-family ties
-travel record

ah God is too kind

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BizErikah: 1:01pm On May 06, 2022
I am yet to get a respond for supporting documents for Canadian tourist visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoronkwo123: 1:56pm On May 06, 2022
@justwise I have a question
I applied for Study Permit since May 6th 2021, had an issue with payment which a procedural fairness letter was given to me to explain what happened. I have responded to the letter with documents like my bank statement as proof that I sent money to an Agent to make application fee payment on my behalf. What are my chances of getting the study permit.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by okoronkwo123: 1:59pm On May 06, 2022
@@justwise I have a question
I applied for Study Permit since May 6th 2021, had an issue with payment which a procedural fairness letter was given to me to explain what happened. I have responded to the letter with documents like my bank statement as proof that I sent money to an Agent to make application fee payment on my behalf. What are my chances of getting the study permit.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 2:29pm On May 06, 2022
If you go up a few pages in this section and in the student visa and sowp sections, you will how some people packaged their supporting documents and you will get an idea of what is necessary to add.
BizErikah:
Thanks, I have now filled the form
But again
I am told to submit the "supporting documents" listed below
And thet are
A copy of my us visa
A copy of my nin
A copy of my passport document

Then there's supporting documents...

Any idea what documents I should include aside
Hotel booking
Flight booking
Letter of introductions from banks n my company
Cac/mou documents??

I appreciate in advance

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by phyla(m): 6:48pm On May 06, 2022
I am equally waiting on response in this regard too.I had an invitation from a friend who is a citizen although i submitted April 11th 2022

Dbobobaby:
Please is it only those that have relatives in Canada that are currently getting their visa approved? Did anyone apply with just an invittation letter from a friend and their request got approved on the new portal?
Kindly assist
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 7:01pm On May 06, 2022
They are accepting applications from tourists too
phyla:
I am equally waiting on response in this regard too.I had an invitation from a friend who is a citizen although i submitted April 11th 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Clapaudan, chloride6 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.