Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2310297 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by szczescie(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2022
Timioguntuyaki:
Hello gurus in the house, please I am not sure of what 'CALAPKT' means on my passport tracking �, when other people's tracking IDs carry 'CALATRV'. I applied for a visiting visa from Nigeria and I have submitted my passport only to see that my tracking ID looks different from other visiting visa applicants'.

How far bro, what did it eventually mean? Did you get to find out? Was the response positive or otherwise?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzy15: 9:56am On Nov 28, 2022
Please id appreciate an urgent response. I have a valid US visa and i have an upcoming trip on last week of February ,however I intend applying for a Canada visit visa, i would like to know how long it takes to get my visa stamped. I wouldn't want to have my passport stuck at the Canadian embassy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jenniferade: 10:03am On Nov 28, 2022
Hello everyone, I applied for a visit visa on August from Uk and the date for travelling is 21st of December and till now my eligibility check haven’t started. Please what can I do. I really need help regarding this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2022
Hello e-fam,

Please if someone submits a new passport in addition to the old passport after PPR, which will be stamped? The applicant got PPR for visitor visa last week and has been trying to get a new passport, because the old passport expires in 7months. Submitting the old one isn't advisable cos IRCC will only stamp 7months.

So my question is, do they have to inform IRCC of the new passport details (after they get it) via webform or go ahead and submit both old and new passport? Any response would be appreciated, thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hazzaman: 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2022
Jenniferade:
Hello everyone, I applied for a visit visa on August from Uk and the date for travelling is 21st of December and till now my eligibility check haven’t started. Please what can I do. I really need help regarding this

Submitted since June when processing time was still 8days… till now, no update!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2022
i dont know why it hard for some people to share info here when they get their visa but they still come here asking for more question
it is well

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2022
House34:

Firstly,you do not need that number 3.and the number 2 question....how can a person have 2 birth certificate if you born in one place...if your child was born in usa then only the usa birth cert is proof of birth ..and number 1 question,you can present 4 or 6 month and if any large sum ,just be honest and explain..visa approve is not bases only on bank account...your work,your travel history,your property, landed property,your home ties like husband and family in nigeria all add to visa sucesss so do not based ur application only on bank account.l wish you sucess
Thank you for your response. The large sums are actually withdrawals not deposit. Thats why i asked if that should be explained?…since they are not deposits
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ozzy15:
Please id appreciate an urgent response. I have a valid US visa and i have an upcoming trip on last week of February ,however I intend applying for a Canada visit visa, i would like to know how long it takes to get my visa stamped. I wouldn't want to have my passport stuck at the Canadian embassy.
You do not submit original passports at the time of application. When your visa is approved, your passport will be requested for submission and you will be given 30days to submit it.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tab146: 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2022
Hello trust this meets you well, i intend applying for a visit to canada from the UK as well but im yet to submit my documents. Please can i ask that i see a sample of your statement of purpose?
Jenniferade:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzy15: 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2022
tuton:

You do not submit original passports at the time of application. When your visa is approved, your passport will be requested for submission and you will be given 30days to submit it.

Thanks for the response, please how long does it take for them to return the passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emmylin: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
goodday house..please I need help on how to book my flight ticket and also my hotel reservation.. thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emmylin: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
please someone should help on how to book itinerary on flight and also hotel reservation.. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2022
emmylin:
please someone should help on how to book itinerary on flight and also hotel reservation.. thanks
visa approval/ response date is not certain some people have been waiting for ages. Don’t waste your time booking anything. Show funds in your account that can cover the expenses
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2022
tuton:

Thank you for your response. The large sums are actually withdrawals not deposit. Thats why i asked if that should be explained?…since they are not deposits

If the large withdraw have Significant effect on the account balance then you can make a small note about it in your statement of purpose maybe it for purchase of car,yearly rent paid or other purchases.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by YinksXO: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hello,

Applicant should notify IRCC of the new passport before submitting, do this via webform and emails, try to send this information 2-3 times. Then go ahead to submit the new passport only, it will be stamped without issues. This is what I did for my study visa that was approved recently.

But since you said the new passport isn't ready and your typically have to submit within 30days of being notified, what's your plan?

Eddy4400:
Hello e-fam,

Please if someone submits a new passport in addition to the old passport after PPR, which will be stamped? The applicant got PPR for visitor visa last week and has been trying to get a new passport, because the old passport expires in 7months. Submitting the old one isn't advisable cos IRCC will only stamp 7months.

So my question is, do they have to inform IRCC of the new passport details (after they get it) via webform or go ahead and submit both old and new passport? Any response would be appreciated, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jilenwere: 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hello All,

Has anyone recently received their passport? The last update i received from VFS on the 17th of November is that my passport has been forwarded to the Canada visa office on 2022/11/17. My passport was submitted at VFS on the 27th of October 2022. Does anyone have similar challenge? What can I do to facilitate this.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 5:30am On Nov 30, 2022
Thanks for your feedback, this really helps. She's hoping to get the passport in 2weeks which is 14days, hopefully they get it before the deadline. Also, she sent a web form to IRCC informing them of new passport application.

YinksXO:
Hello,

Applicant should notify IRCC of the new passport before submitting, do this via webform and emails, try to send this information 2-3 times. Then go ahead to submit the new passport only, it will be stamped without issues. This is what I did for my study visa that was approved recently.

But since you said the new passport isn't ready and your typically have to submit within 30days of being notified, what's your plan?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emmylin: 6:36am On Nov 30, 2022
goodday everyone... please how do I pay my visa fee...am having a hard time paying my visa fee...I need help please...

If the large withdraw have Significant effect on the account balance then you can make a small note about it in your statement of purpose maybe it for purchase of car,yearly rent paid or other purchases.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emmylin: 6:39am On Nov 30, 2022
approval/ response date is not certain some people have been waiting for ages. Don’t waste your time booking anything. Show funds in your account that can cover the expenses [/hello everyone please I need help on how to pay for my visa fee...can I use my Nigeria card to pay
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 9:50am On Nov 30, 2022
No naira cards don't work get a domiciliary card or a visual card or get a prepared US card ..like Walmart or greendot etc..
emmylin:
approval/ response date is not certain some people have been waiting for ages. Don’t waste your time booking anything. Show funds in your account that can cover the expenses [/hello everyone please I need help on how to pay for my visa fee...can I use my Nigeria card to pay
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toritse321: 1:01am On Dec 02, 2022
Congrats Sirex. How long was the timeline between doing your biometrics and the request to submit your passport. Ive done my biometrics since January...no word from them yet

pls advice

Sirex:

Thank you for asking, yes I have received my passport last week friday. smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zdr1: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2022
spindomer:

Below is what i have on my portal.
Under the Review of eligibility, i have " We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
Under the Background check, i have " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information and
Under the Final decision, i have " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made".

This is the status since Oct 17.

When did you later got the ppr ? I want to confirm how many days it took for your ppr to show I have checked mine since yesterday I am not seeing the ppr since the bvl came
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BigJohn814: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2022
Guys please try and be sharing your success stories and timelines. The silence seems like nothing is happening but I know some of us get PPRs without coming back here to give testimony. This thread has helped me so many times in mentally coping with the long wait. Success stories help some of us in processing limbo cope with the long wait.
One love!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oldfashioned145: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hi everyone.

I finally got my study visa after 8 months of waiting but I'm really worried about my parents visit visa.

Nothing on their profile has changed, only biometrics have been updated, i've sent mails to Nairobi, not response and they applied a few days after I applied for my study permit.

Is this normal at all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hi guys, for someone going to canada (husband and wife) travelling for the purpose of attending wedding.

How much should they show as proof of funds for both of them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2022
Deronke1:
Hi guys, for someone going to canada (husband and wife) travelling for the purpose of attending wedding.

How much should they show as proof of funds for both of them?

Amount to cover ur flight and other expenses and money still left to show u not using ur life saving to attend a wedding.l Hope the weding is towards end of 2023 or 2024 because with current processing time and backlog ..canada focus on student application and visit visa is very slow!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kunbeeee: 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
Please how much does one need to have in the account before applying for Visit visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jilenwere: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2022
jilenwere:
Hello All,

Has anyone recently received their passport? The last update i received from VFS on the 17th of November is that my passport has been forwarded to the Canada visa office on 2022/11/17. My passport was submitted at VFS on the 27th of October 2022. Does anyone have similar challenge? What can I do to facilitate this.

Thanks
Hello,
Submitted my passport on the 27th October 2022. I got vfs notification saying my processed passport has been sent to VAC Abuja office on the 17th November 2022 and till now it hasn’t been returned. Does anyone have similar issues ? How can we go about it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tamee(f): 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2022
Please guys is it just me or why are most people visitor visa stamp location I've been seeing lately is showing Nairobi instead of Lagos or Abuja. My mom just got hers and the visa stamp says Nairobi. And she sent her passport to Abuja using UPS 2 way courier. So guys is this a mistake or is that how visa stamp is now ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2022
this is not a mistake, that is were the application was treated.

We dont have Visa Officer that attend to Visa application in Nigeria, they use to send to (Nairobi,beijing, UK mostly)

Alexino360:
Please guys is it just me or why are most people visitor visa stamp location I've been seeing lately is showing Nairobi instead of Lagos or Abuja. My mom just got hers and the visa stamp says Nairobi. And she sent her passport to Abuja using UPS 2 way courier. So guys is this a mistake or is that how visa stamp is now ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Oluwaloniglory7, Milezwadup, olasubomy, donteebalo(m), House34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.