Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,697 members, 7,851,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:10 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2386447 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
shadeebee78:
That is not true. I applied online and I got one year visa after waiting for four months . I know of people who did paper application and got till validity of passport . I am actually waiting to see how long @jayfirece will get.

Just as curious as you. Will post it immediately i get it.

Which reminds me. You didn't give us a list of documents you submitted. Is it too late to get it?

Gracias grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
@Jay, e fit be lifetime visa o; dis one wey sacredhearts come reveal strong revelation, una suppose know na for ya sake. I just wan beg beforehand, whenever you get that lifetime visa, just tear me 5 years; loving is sharing grin grin grin

@bigfido, no worry ma brother; lifetime visa await you. Whenever the thing land, just tear 5 years for me so I go apply again.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
RedReact:
@Jay, e fit be lifetime visa o; dis one wey sacredhearts come reveal strong revelation, una suppose know na for ya sake. I just wan beg beforehand, whenever you get that lifetime visa, just tear me 5 years; loving is sharing grin grin grin

@bigfido, no worry ma brother; lifetime visa await you. Whenever the thing land, just tear 5 years for me so I go apply again.

You too funny. Seriously laughing here. cheesy.

A Canadian "lifetime visa" with only limited entry at a time, is the functional, but not financial equivalent, of a "six months visa". cheesy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
Jay, I no believe. I be army o, and you know that we only hear "go". grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2016
The documents i submitted then
1. 6 months payslip
2.bank statement with closing balance of 300k(mine)
3. Letter of appointment from work.
4. Promotion letter.
5. Consent letter from my husband stating that he fixed a sum of 1million naira for the trip.
6. Fixed deposit showing the 1 million naira.
7. Invitation letter from my cousin in Canada.
8. Photocopies of previous visas
9. The regular CIC forms.
10. Flight iterinary
11. Passport Data page of my cousin in Canada. He is a citizen.

That's about all i submitted I was even worrried when I read on the thread that i should have included photopies of my husband and son's passports as well as birth certificates.

Thank God i got the visa cos when i see some documents I dey fear .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
^^^
No lele; applications are treated differently. I believe when there is sincerity and there is also a link to one's home country (home-tie), they should definitely grant the request.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
and most importantly all expenses ideally should not be more than 50% of your account balance....
jayfierce:

1. Please search google for hotel cost for the number of days that you would stay.
2. Inquire from your agent the cost of your flight and compare with online self-service platforms for a cheaper option.
3. Check the cost of a tour package if you would need one.
4. Estimate your feeding and transportation costs.
5. Also have some incidental allowance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:12am On Oct 01, 2016
nam16:
and most importantly all expenses ideally should not be more than 50% of your account balance....
Classified under incidental allowance. 50% is a good rule. However, it is not a must rule.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 9:24am On Oct 01, 2016
In my account balance am having 2.8m as a balance and am intending to spend 1.6m over there. So can I put the rest of the money under incidental funds?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2016
Pls is ghana,togo and republic of benin part of travel history count and recognized by cananda? because hv been there like 3times.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
brotundes:
In my account balance am having 2.8m as a balance and am intending to spend 1.6m over there. So can I put the rest of the money under incidental funds?

I thought your uncle was the one who wanted to give you money.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
shadeebee78:
The documents i submitted then
1. 6 months payslip
2.bank statement with closing balance of 300k(mine)
3. Letter of appointment from work.
4. Promotion letter.
5. Consent letter from my husband stating that he fixed a sum of 1million naira for the trip.
6. Fixed deposit showing the 1 million naira.
7. Invitation letter from my cousin in Canada.
8. Photocopies of previous visas
9. The regular CIC forms.
10. Flight iterinary
11. Passport Data page of my cousin in Canada. He is a citizen.

That's about all i submitted I was even worrried when I read on the thread that i should have included photopies of my husband and son's passports as well as birth certificates.

Thank God i got the visa cos when i see some documents I dey fear .

Your documentation is solid. There's a reason for the one year visa and am sure it's in the case notes of the Visa Officer. Your cousin could help you retrieve it if you want.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
shadeebee78:
That is not true. I applied online and I got one year visa after waiting for four months . I know of people who did paper application and got till validity of passport . I am actually waiting to see how long @jayfirece will get.

quote author=sacredhearts post=49801101]I just heard that online applications usually get trv's for the lifetime of their passport while offline na starndard 6months. Any contrasting info?

Your gettin one year visa via online application is inline with the info available to me. I would really like someone who personally got more than 6months visa as a first timer via paper route to affirm otherwise though because I dont really believe in hearsay
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
sacredhearts:

Your gettin one year visa via online application is inline with the info available to me. I would really like someone who personally got more than 6months visa as a first timer via paper route to affirm otherwise though because I dont really believe in hearsay
No. Shadeebee78's passport expiry is 2019 but she was given a year.

A relative got two years with paper just last week. His passport expires in 2018. He snapped and sent it to me.

What you are saying is none existent on IRCC website or even on this forum yet. I think you should ask the person who told you this to give you evidence. When you get it you can enlighten us.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
RedReact:

Lool

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
jayfierce:

No. Shadeebee78's passport expiry is 2019 but she was given a year.

A relative got two years with paper just last week. His passport expires in 2018. He snapped and sent it to me.

What you are saying is none existent on IRCC website or even on this forum yet. I think you should ask the person who told you this to give you evidence. When you get it you can enlighten us.

The person who got two years via paper is that his first time?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
sacredhearts:

The first time I applied, I did paper application and was given one year, the second time was also paper and was given 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
sacredhearts:

It's his first Canadian Visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
jayfierce:

It's his first Canadian Visa.
Please house I need help. I've been cracking my brain since morning, trying to get a cheap flight for my upcoming trip. A few cheap ones I know weren't showing fares on site, including emirates, quite strange. Pls any cheap flight plying these routes LOS-FRA-LHR-ON-LOS? No turkish, pls. Tnx.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
awelekiti:
Please house I need help. I've been cracking my brain since morning, trying to get a cheap flight for my upcoming trip. A few cheap ones I know weren't showing fares on site, including emirates, quite strange. Pls any cheap flight plying these routes LOS-FRA-LHR-ON-LOS? No turkish, pls. Tnx.

I think it's the fall of the Naira. I read that Emirates does not accept Naira for trips to Brazil so it's possible they've extended it to other outbound trips from Nigeria.

Unfortunately the Naira continually weakens against the dollar everyday. It's really sad. I reserve my all my comments.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
jayfierce:

I think it's the fall of the Naira. I read that Emirates does not accept Naira for trips to Brazil so it's possible they've extended it to other outbound trips from Nigeria.

Unfortunately the Naira continually weakens against the dollar everyday. It's really sad. I reserve my all my comments.
So sad! I'm also aware of the Emirates brazil route payment issue. They should also have announced that it would affect other routes too. Anyway, I know my way around spending out there with my prepaid ms cards. Getting a cheap flight is my wahala now, considering the number of stops.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
awelekiti:
So sad! I'm also aware of the Emirates brazil route payment issue. They should also have announced that it would affect other routes too. Anyway, I know my way around spending out there with my prepaid ms cards. Getting a cheap flight is my wahala now, considering the number of stops.
Tried a booking agent?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
Friends, this free fall of Naira is just doing me somehow sad sad sad. I was just feeling discouraged to apply some hours back.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
sacredhearts:

Your gettin one year visa via online application is inline with the info available to me. I would really like someone who personally got more than 6months visa as a first timer via paper route to affirm otherwise though because I don't really believe in hearsay
My first Canada visa a decade ago was one yr and I applied via paper route, no even online application as at that time. I reapplied via same means and got 4 years. The last one which was applied for, online when online application was super fast,was also 4 years. It doesn't matter which route you applied through. I think visa applicants' experiences differ and peculiar to other embassies, using my case as an example. My first US visa was 3 months and people that saw it said it's rare to see a 3-month US B1/B2 visa. Some others said they're only aware of 2 years visa. My first UK visit visa was 6 months, there were first time UK applicants who got 2 years visit visa. Probably the VOS use their discretions, I wouldn't know.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
jayfierce:

Tried a booking agent?
I'll consider visiting a booking agent on Tuesday when they resume work. Tnx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
awelekiti:

Try priceline
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
bigfido:

Try priceline
Thanks. I hope my payment won't be declined due to the cbn's daily online debit card spending limit policy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
Where exactly is your destination?
awelekiti:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
nam16:
Where exactly is your destination?
I'm having a meeting in Frankfurt briefly after which I'll leave for UK for another meeting. My next destination is On,Canada after which I'll return home
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
awelekiti:
Hello, please find attached the passport page of the neighbour who applied for a US visa months ago and got his passport hit with a refusal stamp, the matter which almost tore down this forum recently which also made a guy here call me names. This is just for your view alone because I'm going to pull it down shortly. The guy visited today and I argued it out with him. he had to bring the passport for me to see which I snapped on his approval but erased some sensitive parts for privacy's sake. At least the stamp was clear enough. He said that's his second appearance. I didn't know anything about this until he shared with someone very close to me in the neighbourhood . I don't need any comment on this pls. Just look at it and ignore. I've already put the matter behind me and moved on.
There's no year but thanks for sharing. I see passport received stamped. I guess it's a code for refusal. You can pull it down now.

We can always ask the US consular officers on Nairaland to help with clarification next time instead of endless debates.

Thanks for putting it behind you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
jayfierce:

There's no year but thanks for sharing. I see passport received stamped. I guess it's a code for refusal. You can pull it down now.

We can always ask the US consular officers on Nairaland to help with clarification next time instead of endless debates.

Thanks for putting it behind you.

It's alright! I deliberately blocked the date. US Consular is on NL. I don't want the guy's issue to be complicated because they could easily trace his case on their system with the date, my opinion anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1125) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ashirioluwa, Ojoboak(m), RodgersAkpafu and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.