Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2325901 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 11:26am On May 13, 2023
Jumms442:
big fat ameeen 🙏🙏🙏🙏
This Sunday na me n God for church grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dansakimotors: 11:47am On May 13, 2023
Thank you very much @Ashirioluwa, Can any one point me to a lead on how to do my biometrics?
What is the normal validity of the Biometrics.
How long on the average does it take to process Canadian visiting Visa?

Ashirioluwa:

Because of the US visa, I believe you have a high probability of being granted the visa if you package your application well.

You have two options:

- Either go get the 10-year passport first and apply after the passport is available

Or

- Apply for the visa right away and update your profile once the 10-year passport is available.

They use both biometrics and the passport's expiration date when issuing visas, but the biometrics come first.

Even if your passport is still valid for 10 years, you will not get a 10-year visa unless your biometric on file is valid for 10 years.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Africankel(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2023
Emmafe:
Noted, I didn’t know this before thou.

No wahala.

Visas are granted according to the validity of biometrics or passport - whichever is shorter. If biometrics expires in 2025 and your passport expires in 2028, your visa will be granted for 2025. If biometrics is 2030 and passport is 2027, you'll get 2027 visa validity.

So for someone to get 10 years visa, his/her passport and biometrics must both be valid for 10 years.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Osasereee: 1:17pm On May 13, 2023
I got my BVL and Visa number in tracker since April 27th 2023 but haven’t gotten PPR yet. Checked my tracker yesterday to see that my tracker was last updated May 3rd 2023 but no changes was made on my tracker or IRCC portal. I’m so anxious and tensed honestly

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:59pm On May 13, 2023
Dansakimotors:
Thank you very much @Ashirioluwa, Can any one point me to a lead on how to do my biometrics?
What is the normal validity of the Biometrics.
How long on the average does it take to process Canadian visiting Visa?

Biometrics will remain valid for 10 years from the day they are taken.

You will receive information regarding biometrics after submitting a visa application and paying the applicable biometric fee online.

The processing time frame varies. While some applications are reviewed within 4 months, others may take over 2 years to receive a decision.

My wife's application, which was submitted in December 2021, was approved in April 2023, but she is still waiting for a passport request letter from the embassy as of today.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 2:02pm On May 13, 2023
Africankel:

No wahala.

Visas are granted according to the validity of biometrics or passport - whichever is shorter. If biometrics expires in 2025 and your passport expires in 2028, your visa will be granted for 2025. If biometrics is 2030 and passport is 2027, you'll get 2027 visa validity.

So for someone to get 10 years visa, his/her passport and biometrics must both be valid for 10 years.

You’re right
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 4:06pm On May 13, 2023
God Abeg oh.... Show me mercy.

IRCC want to finish me with my work permit application. No Update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 13, 2023
Are you in Canada already?
zeb04:
God Abeg oh.... Show me mercy.

IRCC want to finish me with my work permit application. No Update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 5:47pm On May 13, 2023
Ajalalomo:

I went to two passport offices (Festac and Alausa) today for passport renewal, but I was turned back.

They all claimed I couldn't start the renewal process now for a passport that will expire in 11 months (the passport will expire on April 17, 2024). I was given October 18, 2023, as the earliest day I could start the renewal process.

I asked them about passport migration. They were just looking at me somehow. But one officer at Alausa said there's nothing called passport migration. He said it's called passport "re-issue". He said passport reissue is different from passport renewal.

He said I can only get my passport reissued if I have used all the pages or I want to do data correction like change of name.

@obinwanne

@baddestmaks

Just like I stated, I did mine in Port Harcourt. I would have linked you with the officer that did mine for me. I paid #120,000 in December 2022 and my passport was to expire in October 2023. I captured in first week of January 2023 and got my new passport in March 2023.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 5:53pm On May 13, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Let me tell you something most people that gotten their passport renew or reissue with more than 6 month validity, the immigration officer that handle the processing can run it as a lost passport in other to get a new one.

Nothing is impossible in my home country even without the applicant consent

You’re funny, really! Lost passport without your consent yet you are requested to come along with your old passport on the day of capturing and collection?
Truth is, it depends on who you know and if you’re willing to pay. Isn’t that the game that usually plays out in Nigeria?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ditha(f): 6:25pm On May 13, 2023
Of course, it is possible. Generally, if you have a spouse in Canada that is either a student or a worker, you can enter Canada as a visitor and then apply for SOWP under your spouse. eventually, the principal applicant can apply for PR with you as a dependent, and after some time, citizenship application can follow if you want.

Also TRV=Temporary Resident Visa not Visit visa. Study, work and visit visa all fall under TRV. The counterfoil stamped into your passport after any visa approval is a representative of TRV that permits entry to Canada. The only difference is that with visit visa, you will not be issued a paper document when you enter canada.

GodsOwn2004:
SWOP= spousal open work permit, the validity is tied to the validity of the work permit of the principal.

I don't understand why people say they want to convert TRV to SOWP so as to remain in canada forever
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 6:46pm On May 13, 2023
mohammedabiodun:
Are you in Canada already?

No
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 13, 2023
I saw you and I making waves in our soon to be country of residence.
Sundayolayemi:

Amen. What did you see bro?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HoluwaLexyB12: 8:44pm On May 13, 2023
mohammedabiodun:
I saw you and I making waves in our soon to be country of residence.

My ogas I want to say a very big thank you to you all , these group as really been of great help . Since 19th of April my PPR finally land today . To the rest of us waiting e go land soon by His Grace.

10 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 8:50pm On May 13, 2023
HoluwaLexyB12:

My ogas I want to say a very big thank you to you all , these group as really been of great help . Since 19th of April my PPR finally land today . To the rest of us waiting e go land soon by His Grace.
woow big congratulations to you🎉
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 8:53pm On May 13, 2023
Hi,

On the 22nd of April you stated that you got PPR the previous Thursday, I am puzzled, which PPR landed today?

HoluwaLexyB12:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankiez33: 8:59pm On May 13, 2023
josephb:
Hi,

On the 22nd of April you stated that you got PPR the previous Thursday, I am puzzled, which PPR landed today?

😂😂
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 9:03pm On May 13, 2023
I noticed too ooo but I say no be me go first talk cheesy

josephb:
Hi,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HoluwaLexyB12: 9:12pm On May 13, 2023
inHisheart:
I noticed too ooo but I say no be me go first talk cheesy

I don’t have an account , dats y I use his account , he already received his one since last month on the 20th of April but we both received our BVL same day .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 9:18pm On May 13, 2023
HoluwaLexyB12:

Congrats 🎉
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HoluwaLexyB12: 9:19pm On May 13, 2023
HoluwaLexyB12:

I don’t have an account , dats y I use his account , he already received his one since last month on the 20th of April but we both received our BVL same day .

Just to give hope to others and nothing more .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 9:22pm On May 13, 2023
Congratulations smiley
HoluwaLexyB12:

Just to give hope to others and nothing more .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chux911: 10:55pm On May 13, 2023
Guys finally the eagle has landed

Application........ September 2021
Biometric........... October 2021
Eligibility review...............8 march 2023
BVL.........................18 April 2023
PPR..........................11 may 2023

19 months (Canada will humble you)

All has been updated on the tracker

I applied in Nigeria for those asking

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 10:59pm On May 13, 2023
If you have visited USA before Canada will not ask you to submit your bank statement when you are uploading your documents, knew someone that happened too but when the person seen it too good to be true he send his bank statement through webform last last he was given the Canadian visa.

Even without visiting USA just added your USA visa along with your documents

You have a great chance bro
Dansakimotors:
Advise also needed, I have a 5yrs US visa on my passport expiring in March 2024, Can I go ahead to apply for another 10yrs passport so that I can get full benefits of Canadian Visitors Visa? What is the success rate of applicant in percentage? I.e do dey really give visiting Visas ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 11:15pm On May 13, 2023
Chux911:

Congrats man. My application was January 2022 and I received BVL on 18th April 2023 as well.

Congrats man. My application was January 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 11:20pm On May 13, 2023
Chux911:

Congrats man. My application was January 2022 and I received BVL on 18th April 2023 as well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2023
Chux911:

Big congrats
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:23am On May 14, 2023
Chux911:

Congrats! We pray for more PPR this new week.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:32am On May 14, 2023
Big congratulations to you.
HoluwaLexyB12:

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.