Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318422 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 8:06am On May 30, 2023
OK thanks, what about collection.. How do I collect when it's ready

Emmafe:
You can use dhl to send to Lagos or Abuja. I will suggest you send to Abuja for fast processing thou you’ll pay for transmission fee if you didn’t do your biometrics in Abuja.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District Abuja Nigeria
Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee
N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)

-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Pl
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:12am On May 30, 2023
Julieni:
OK thanks, what about collection.. How do I collect when it's ready

It will be sent to Lagos, you can either pickup in Lagos 12-2pm or pay 18,500 for home delivery.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:20am On May 30, 2023
Deronke1:
Hi guys, so my brother was granted 6 months visit visa last year even though his passport expires till 2027. They still gave him 6 months,, well that's not even the issue. He was unable to travel within that 6 months given so it expired.

Now he wants to apply again but he's worried if he'll be granted the visa since he didn't travel with the last one issued.

Please what's your suggestion on his issue?

Whether he travels or not, that cannot be used against him. Let him go ahead to apply.

IRCC uses biometric validity and passport expiration dates when issuing visas, but biometric validity comes first.

They will not issue a visa beyond the biometric validity date or passport expiration date.

If biometrics on file expire in 7 months and passports expire in 10 years, the applicant will only get a 7-month visa unless the applicant extends the biometric by paying $85 and then goes for a new biometrics again at VFS.

To receive a 10-year visa, both biometrics and the passport must be valid for 10 years.

If biometrics on file are valid for 10 years and passport valid for 2 years, the applicant will only get a 2-year visa.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluseun234: 9:14am On May 30, 2023
@femlek,

Did you go as just as a listener or as a PhD researcher to attend the conference
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 9:15am On May 30, 2023
God bless you sir..

Emmafe:
It will be sent to Lagos, you can either pickup in Lagos 12-2pm or pay 18,500 for home delivery.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olarh16: 9:16am On May 30, 2023
It’s PPR finally guyz💃

Application submitted: August 2022
BVL: April 27, 2023
PPR: May 30, 2023

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 9:18am On May 30, 2023
Congratulations Olarh, God that did yours will make my PPR drop this week

Olarh16:
It’s PPR finally guyz💃

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:19am On May 30, 2023
I guess they already saved this template somewhere because that's the response I got when from nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca. Like they copied and pasted it. But it is not an auto response. Let's just wait and see what happens. I really empathize with you though, you applied since 2020. Let's remain positive, even though it is really hard
Succeed04:

Gurus in the house , please I need a reply for this

Hello Guys this is the response I got after sending then mail. I applied for visitor visa since 2020 and I have not heard from them... is this an Auto reply message? ... is this message peculiar to me or regular message everyone receives after mail to them.

Good Day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

However, we wish to urus in the house , please I need a reply for this

Hello Guys this is the response I got after sending then mail. I applied for visitor visa since 2020 and I have not heard from them... is this an Auto reply message? ... is this message peculiar to me or regular message everyone receives after mail to them.

Good Day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

We trust that this information suffices in responding to your enquiry.

Regards,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 9:26am On May 30, 2023
Amen and Amen
inHisheart:
That's great news oo smiley said i was even going to check up with you later today.
I also sent them a mail yesterday and this morning but nothing yet. We keep waiting!

It will end in praise for us🙏

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 9:34am On May 30, 2023
Thanks so much for your response but his biometrics would expire 2031

Just so surprised on his case though

Ashirioluwa:

Whether he travels or not, that cannot be used against him. Let him go ahead to apply.

IRCC uses biometric validity and passport expiration dates when issuing visas, but biometric validity comes first.

They will not issue a visa beyond the biometric validity date or passport expiration date.

If biometrics on file expire in 7 months and passports expire in 10 years, the applicant will only get a 7-month visa unless the applicant extends the biometric by paying $85 and then goes for a new biometrics again at VFS.

To receive a 10-year visa, both biometrics and the passport must be valid for 10 years.

If biometrics on file are valid for 10 years and passport valid for 2 years, the applicant will only get a 2-year visa.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 9:35am On May 30, 2023
Good morning Ashirioluwa, have you gotten PPR yet? We both received bvl and visa number on tracker the same day and nothing yet

Ashirioluwa:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ijaay83: 9:37am On May 30, 2023
Olarh16:
It’s PPR finally guyz💃

Congratulations 🎉🎊🍾🎈. God will do ours too🙏

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DannieMay: 9:45am On May 30, 2023
Emmafe:
You can use dhl to send to Lagos or Abuja. I will suggest you send to Abuja for fast processing thou you’ll pay for transmission fee if you didn’t do your biometrics in Abuja.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District Abuja Nigeria
Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee
N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)

-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Pl

What if I did biometrics in Abuja
How much do I need to pay to the VFS?
Myself and 3kids

My agent said I need to pay
9,410 for each
18500 for each

That’s about 83,730 in total
The money plenty for my eyes oh.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gr8femfred: 9:52am On May 30, 2023
Good morning great people can someone work with visitor visa in Canada 🍁 and is it possible the person get PR LATER??

PLEASE

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:56am On May 30, 2023
Congratulations!!! Waiting for ours too.
Olarh16:
It’s PPR finally guyz💃

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BussyAb: 10:08am On May 30, 2023
Good morning all,
I applied for my visitor’s visa for my son and letter of request for birth certificate and parental consent was requested for . This were uploaded on his application portal and transmitted .
However I got a refusal mail this morning saying the documents were not provided despite the portal showing replacement provided .
What do I do . Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Laycoln(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hectorsoboy: 10:20am On May 30, 2023
Can someone pls share Lagos webform link here?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankiez33: 10:42am On May 30, 2023
Emmafe:

Correction on vfs courier price #18,710
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 10:45am On May 30, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankiez33: 10:49am On May 30, 2023
DannieMay:

What if I did biometrics in Abuja
How much do I need to pay to the VFS?
Myself and 3kids

My agent said I need to pay
9,410 for each
18500 for each

That’s about 83,730 in total
The money plenty for my eyes oh.

If you did biometric in abuja and you are sending the whole document at once, also it's all same surname.

You can use one envelope to arrange all then use/pay UPS/DHL Courier fee ONLY for sending then pay 18,710 to vfs account, send them email with evidence of payment, fill the required form and attach to the email.

Your agent quotation is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 10:50am On May 30, 2023
This has been what I have been on with them since. U should have sent them mail to follow it up. After I uploaded,it was still showing "replacement provided" rather than "replacement received", I had to follow it up with emails and webform. Today, they sent a mail that it has been received and d replacement changed to received after 18days. Send them mails and webform oo
BussyAb:
Good morning all,
I applied for my visitor’s visa for my son and letter of request for birth certificate and parental consent was requested for . This were uploaded on his application portal and transmitted .
However I got a refusal mail this morning saying the documents were not provided despite the portal showing replacement provided .
What do I do . Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by phyla(m): 10:57am On May 30, 2023
Somebody please help, can I just walk into any DHL office and submit passport to Abuja VFS?
If I do, how do I pay the transmission fee since I initially did biometrics in lagos...
Also, my two kids didn't do biometrics, would I make any payment extra for them too.
I'm submitting 4 passports for the family?
It's urgent please someone help with this info
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hectorsoboy: 11:09am On May 30, 2023
Please I'm trying to request for an update of my wife's new passport on her application. Is it advisable to also upload the her new data page directly or I should wait for them to request for it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 11:21am On May 30, 2023
Please does that have travelled,, is it compulsory i travel with dollars cash or i can keep my money in my account??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 11:23am On May 30, 2023
I will answer for d two kids, u will pay #9k+ for each of them irrespective of where u r sending. U will pay into vfs acc
phyla:
Somebody please help, can I just walk into any DHL office and submit passport to Abuja VFS?
If I do, how do I pay the transmission fee since I initially did biometrics in lagos...
Also, my two kids didn't do biometrics, would I make any payment extra for them too.
I'm submitting 4 passports for the family?
It's urgent please someone help with this info
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amy66666777(f): 11:24am On May 30, 2023
Good morning
I got a mail from vfs that my passport has been couriered via their courier partner
Please, will the courier partner contact me? Like me send me a text or mail with tracking id to track my passport until I get it? Because as now I haven’t received any mail from any courier company
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 11:29am On May 30, 2023
BussyAb:
Good morning all,
What do I do . Thanks

I think the issue here was you have successfully uploaded the document to the IRCC portal but this was not transmitted to IRCC. I remember someone i was trying to assist had this same issue last year. When IRCC request additional documents from you, there is a button to click next after you have uploaded the documents and it shows replacement provided. You are still suppose to click next till it takes you to a page you type in your full name in capital letters (like you are signing) and it is submitted. Just the same process when you initially applied. The only difference this time is you wont be making any payment.

You can action as angie88 has suggested. Since a decision has been made, write a one page letter of appeal for a reconsideration and explain the situation to them. attaching the documents. Keep sending by e-mail and webform till an agent responds.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrfksb1(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2023
Please house I applied for Canadian visit visa since June 2022 till now I haven't gotten any message except the notification of successfully submitted form.

Please what kinda letter should I send to the IRCC for a quick look up

Please I'd love to know the details or format of the letter thanks y'all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BussyAb: 12:23pm On May 30, 2023
angie88:
This has been what I have been on with them since. U should have sent them mail to follow it up. After I uploaded,it was still showing "replacement provided" rather than "replacement received", I had to follow it up with emails and webform. Today, they sent a mail that it has been received and d replacement changed to received after 18days. Send them mails and webform oo
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by phyla(m): 12:23pm On May 30, 2023
angie88:
I will answer for d two kids, u will pay #9k+ for each of them irrespective of where u r sending. U will pay into vfs acc
Thank you, how do I pay?Do you have the link?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:30pm On May 30, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Good morning Ashirioluwa, have you gotten PPR yet? We both received bvl and visa number on tracker the same day and nothing yet

Is for my wife, but not yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Larash, olaoluwa83, ayoshyne(m), Teywak and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.