Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,596 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2325263 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ESEMAY: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
ritrich:

Paid 18,710 each
Are you telling me you paid a total of N37,420 to VFS?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ritrich(m): 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
ESEMAY:

Are you telling me you paid a total of N37,420 to VFS?

Absolutely Correct
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omobolarin: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
Congrats to all those who got PPR.
I applied on May 24 and got only BVL today, nothing else on the portal.
Does BVL means approval is coming?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluseun234: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
Pls who has applied for Canada tourist visa and got it this year and what is the waiting period?

Or which is quicker: tourist or conference ?☹️
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teemom: 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
ritrich:

Paid 18,710 each

Hello, Please how long did it take for vfs to acknowledge your payment for passport collect or better still can you put me through the process?..Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ritrich(m): 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Teemom:

Hello, Please how long did it take for vfs to acknowledge your payment for passport collect or better still can you put me through the process?..Thank you

After i received the PPR letter
I sent both passports via DHL to VFS Abuja (Both in the same envelope). All documents requested including the payment receipts enclosed in the envelope

I received email 3 days after that my passport was receiving attention at IRCC office Abuja

it took about 10 days for me to receive the passport back
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
All this agent self lol

Daniel4139:
Please, I will appreciate your response

I got a visitor visa done by an agent and during the application he filled in my education history that i have Bsc certificate at uniben but this is so untrue although he didn’t submit any certificate to prove that for my application. Now I want to apply for a closed work permit, and the only certificate i have is SSCE, do u think I stand a chance of approval? Due to my previous application of the vv ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teemom: 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
ritrich:

I sent both passports via DHL to VFS Abuja (Both in the same envelope). All documents requested including the payment receipts enclosed in the envelope

I received email 3 days after that my passport was receiving attention at IRCC office Abuja

10 days wow..I made payment for courier yesterday..sent vfs the payment proof and Courier form but no acknowledgement or response..tried the webchat but all to no avail...guess i would have to take a chill pill..thanks for your response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Prosperity4All: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
zeb04:
MY VISA IS OUT.

8 months of waiting, 8 months since i got my offer letter. 8 months of waiting, 8 months of praying, 8 months of fear that my employer will be tired of the wait.

Finally!! Finally! Thank you Jesus. All the glory to you
Reason employers don't like recruiting Nationals needing visa.
Congratulations!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2023
XYZJAZZY:
πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
Congratulations to me ooooh. The Lord is good all the time.

I just collected my passport now in London VFS.

Application: 27th August, 2022
Biometric: 8 Sept, 2022
BVL: 29th April 2023
PPR: 13th June, 2023
Passport submission in UK: 16th June, 2023
Passport collected : 23rd June, 2023

To God πŸ™ πŸ™ be the glory and I'm so grateful πŸ™πŸ™ to God for his infinite mercy and blessings upon my life. UK and Canada visa within the space of 2 months mehn.

You applied from UK or Nigeria?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Applied for one of my juniors. Application submitted on June 9. She intends to travel on 6 of august.

Biometrics - Completed
Eligibility. - Not started
Background - In progress
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
Omobolarin:

You applied when, May 24th 2023 or 2022?
I already had my biometric taken in 2017 when I was issued my first Canadian visa. Has anyone applied this year via the new IRCC portal and gotten a response yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ameen, congratulations πŸŽ‰

ritrich:

Thanks everyone. I just received my Passport from UPS

Timeline for my wife and i
Applied - 17th February 2023
Biometrics - 6th March 2023
BVL - 12th April, 2023
PPR - 7th June 2023
Submitted Passport through DHL - 8th June 2023
Received Passport/Visa through UPS - 23rd June 2023

For those still waiting, my God will speed yours up too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
overlord77:

I already had my biometric taken in 2017 when I was issued my first Canadian visa. Has anyone applied this year via the new IRCC portal and gotten a response yet?

Some lucky applicants applied this year, and they received a final decision within 3 months.

But it's only a few people from the pool of applicants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2023
overlord77:

Please could someone outline step by step on my how to submit passport through DHL in Lagos after receiving PPR. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lehinme: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Good evening all. Pls I did biometrics in 2019 when I received my first visa. This was done in Lagos. I do not have a slip. Do I need to pay transmission fee if I send my passport to VFS Lagos?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ijaay83: 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
ritrich:

Did you pay for your passport to be sent back to you at the time you submitted your passport? I thought you will wait for VFS to send you an email that your passport is ready before you make the payment?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omobolarin: 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
I applied may 2023, a month ago.
I also have Family sponsorship in progress.
overlord77:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jenniferade: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
Indeed what God cannot do does not exist!!

Application: 25th Sept, 2022
Biometric: 5th Oct, 2022
BVL: 23rd June 2023
Passport request: 23rd June, 2023
BVL and passport request came in back to back

My eligibility check started today and completed todayπŸ’ƒ

Thanks to those that help during the processing and waiting time

13 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ijaay83: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
overlord77:

Yes I applied March 27th 2023,did my biometrics April 3rd 2022, got BVL May 11th and then PPR June 21st

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hello guys,
I learnt that Wednesday, June 28 is sallah day, and is my passport submission appointment day. Will the holiday affect my appointment date ?

Please I need a response guys

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anselmvictor(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
anselmvictor:

Please could someone outline step by step on my how to submit passport through DHL in Lagos after receiving PPR. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
Succeed04:
Hello guys,
I learnt that Wednesday, June 28 is sallah day, and is my passport submission appointment day. Will the holiday affect my appointment date ?

Thanks

I think they would schedule you for the next business day.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by spicyuzo(m): 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
KingDeity:
I greet the house....
Please just a quick one: I plan going to Canada to write a professional exams, they are sending me an invitation to come over and write the exam.
Please, is it possible for my gf to comw with me as a common law partner? If yes, is there any information I need except for the financial Requirements?
Please I anticipate your responses

Responding to your first question, Yes, your common-law partner can come with you.
In our case, my employer is sponsoring me, and I am sponsoring her.

Regarding your second question, ensure that appropriate documents showing your relationship are attached to your application such as pictures of you together, shared bills, shared address etc. Also attach docs to show her home ties as well, e.g work contract, study certificate, residence card etc.

My Timeline:
Applied : 29th Apr 2023
Biometrics : 8th May
BVL & PPR : 25th May

My Fiance :
Applied : 30th Apr
Biometrics : 12th May
BVL & PPR : 23rd June

Thanks to all the guidance received from the responses in this thread. May God grants us all his divine success in the name of Jesus. Amen

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ritrich(m): 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ijaay83:

Did you pay for your passport to be sent back to you at the time you submitted your passport? I thought you will wait for VFS to send you an email that your passport is ready before you make the payment?

I paid the courier before sending via DHL. The receipt of payment was part of what I included in the envelope plus my passport and sent via DHL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Femidrummer: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
May 2023? Check if you have any visa details in the tracker. Fingers crossed and stay positive ✌🏿
Omobolarin:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erwinjstoff(m): 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
ritrich:

I paid the courier before sending via DHL. The receipt of payment was part of what I included in the envelope plus my passport and sent via DHL
When did you submit yours? I submitted Wednesday and DHL notified me it has been delivered but no message from VFS yet , is it normal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tegnaworld23: 11:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hello guys, dm just send me PPR tonight. Anyways I'm fine but not too happy like that sha, because they refused me.last week Saturday and it ry pain my ass, but I cum check my SOP myself and discovered I funked up. Naso I sit down recompose o, vert detailed and simple English like ss2 pikin even with a lot of errors I swear na after submission I noticed those errors, but grace speaks, even my lil brother that got approved last week has a lot of errors on his SOP, so I think there's more to this SOP thing than big big English, detailed matters and explanations of any lump sum. Good luck to those waiting for ppr, me just dey like this having a cup of coffee as he de rain. Pls make your SOP understandable with very simple English and explaina lump sum. Good night peepz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dalamilove: 11:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
they will be opening, same thing happened June 12, so many people thought they wouldn't open, but they did, i was part of the few that submitted without time waste
Succeed04:
Hello guys,

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 3:21am On Jun 24, 2023
dalamilove:
they will be opening, same thing happened June 12, so many people thought they wouldn't open, but they did, i was part of the few that submitted without time waste

Did you take note if people picked up too on that June 12th?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GoldenCrown1160: 5:18am On Jun 24, 2023
Amy66666777:
Please I need assistance

How do I reserve and book a hotel room here in Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ ahead of my arrival to pay in person when I get there? All the ones I have been seeing in Mississauga ON, they are asking me to put my card details for payment. Maybe there’s something am not doing right? Please, someone should assist on how to reserve a room without paying
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by keleto(m): 6:06am On Jun 24, 2023
ritrich:
Good morning Famz,

I got a message since Monday 19th June that my passport has been dispatched via Courier but i am yet to receive it.

I sent an email to VFS on Wednesday for them to send me the UPS tracking number but they are yet to respond.

Is there any other way i can get the UPS tracking number?

Can you share with me what you need to send to VFS for the passport collection, and how you made payment for courier delivery pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Prudency045, horlorbah(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.