Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (827) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2349169 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kayraph(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
Good evening great people,

I got my PPR for a visitor's visa on June 7th 2023 and the letter stated that passport must be submitted within 30 days for visa stamping.

However, between then and now, I have just relocated to the UK with my family, and the 30 days have already elapsed.

How do I get across to IRCC with an explanation of my circumstances? Will they issue me another PPR?

Please anyone who has experienced this before should help me with a guidance on how to go about this.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
zeb04:

NO

okay
I have sent mail in the morning

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
Kayraph:
Good evening great people,

I got my PPR for a visitor's visa on June 7th 2023 and the letter stated that passport must be submitted within 30 days for visa stamping.

However, between then and now, I have just relocated to the UK with my family, and the 30 days have already elapsed.

How do I get across to IRCC with an explanation of my circumstances? Will they issue me another PPR?

Please anyone who has experienced this before should help me with a guidance on how to go about this.

Thank you

Schedule appointment to submit your passport at VFS London office and see if they will accept it or not. Make sure you go with both the passport and the letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omariam: 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
SweetJJ:
Hi guys, its PPR for my mom.
Application June 21
Biometrics June 27
Bvl and PPR this morning, July 10.

Glory be to Jehovah
Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
cerezo:

Can one submit via courier even though I'm based in Abuja and did biometric in Abuja? M
yes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oyn: 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Seems VFS has reviewed the 1 way postage back to the original 18k. (the website says updated on July 10th, but still no option for pick up.
How will an applicant send evidence of payment for the postage? What reference will be used while paying: name or tracking ID?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
Temitaryor1:

Brother, same issue happen to me I received the same message yesterday after sending my passport through Ups. Infact I'm still in shock thinking of wot mit caused it. But still expecting my passport back next week tru UPS COURIER.

Any goodnews? as for me am yet to hear from them after contacting them thru all means.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
It's been 11days since I submitted my passport in person in Lagos vfs, and I gave gotten message for collection.

Guys, does it stay long .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Starfol: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
zeb04:

I finally got a message about my daughter's passport just now.

Please did you send any mail or webform before they sent your daughters ppr? If yes please can i have a sample and the email you sent to? Mine is still pending. I delayed sending my passport for 2weeks but im still worried about hers. Its exhausting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by growersfarm: 1:54am On Jul 11, 2023
Emmafe:
Yes you can submit your passport for stamping at any vfs close to you. Just confirm the requirements for submission.
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 5:20am On Jul 11, 2023
Those who missed their Biometrics appointment in the past, please tell me how you rescheduled your appointment because right now I am unable to reschedule online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 6:01am On Jul 11, 2023
It's been 11days since I submitted my passport in person in Lagos vfs, and I have not gotten message for collection. I tracked it and has remained under process in ircc office since last week. No changes.

Guys, does it stay long ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 6:30am On Jul 11, 2023
Last year, experienced same & sent an email (info.cannig@vfshelpline.com) to them and got this reply below:

Kindly be informed that once appointment is scheduled you cannot cancelled or rescheduled. However, note that your IRCC number has been released to enable you schedule a fresh appointment. You might need to use another phone contact for easy access.

Ajalalomo:
Those who missed their Biometrics appointment in the past, please tell me how you rescheduled your appointment because right now I am unable to reschedule online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 6:35am On Jul 11, 2023
The duration varies and from others timelines, you are still within the 2 - 3 weeks it used to take (note that some have also confirmed it's been faster recently).

Whilst I hear people complaining about the chat team, you can try to reach them for further details or even write to embassy directly if you have an urgent trip planned.

Doubt anyone here can help further as the status is updated based on the movement of your passport.

Succeed04:
It's been 11days since I submitted my passport in person in Lagos vfs, and I have not gotten message for collection. I tracked it and has remained under process in ircc office since last week. No changes.

Guys, does it stay long ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 6:37am On Jul 11, 2023
She shared a sample just one page back. Go to her profile and scroll for it.

Starfol:

Please did you send any mail or webform before they sent your daughters ppr? If yes please can i have a sample and the email you sent to? Mine is still pending. I delayed sending my passport for 2weeks but im still worried about hers. Its exhausting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 6:45am On Jul 11, 2023
I got this message last week Thursday

"(your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada visa office"wink .....

people made me know that it means it has been stamped and transferred back to lagos

On Friday, I got morning, I got another message stating

( my passport is in ircc office and its under process).
and it has remained like that till this morning even when I tracked it.

Guys can anyone tell me what's could be happening
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 6:53am On Jul 11, 2023
This has been posted soo many times here. Let's try to scroll before asking the same questions. I just scrolled and saw it:

Passport delivery procedure
Pay 18,710 to Canada Logistics Collection Account (0065165839) Sterling Bank. Forward the proof of payment to canadang@vfshelpline.com

If you already have a tracking ID, use that as reference or just use your name.

oyn:
Seems VFS has reviewed the 1 way postage back to the original 18k. (the website says updated on July 10th, but still no option for pick up.
How will an applicant send evidence of payment for the postage? What reference will be used while paying: name or tracking ID?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 7:04am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:
The duration varies and from others timelines, you are still within the 2 - 3 weeks it used to take (note that some have also confirmed it's been faster recently).

Whilst I hear people complaining about the chat team, you can try to reach them for further details or even write to embassy directly if you have an urgent trip planned.

Doubt anyone here can help further as the status is updated based on the movement of your passport.

Please advice on which means to write directly to the embassy? my own case does not even have a head ..... lollll

i was issued PPR , i submitted passports then days later got a letter to disregard the passport request after i have submitted passport. funniest thing again now is i have an urgent trip for 1st week of August.

na confused state i dey like this with heavy shock
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2023
Can you firstly check: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en to see if you have visa details

Also, can you check the IRCC Portal where you submitted the application to see if the visa approved status has changed?

If there isn't any visa number on the IRCC tracking portal, maybe the PPR letter might have sent erroneously and your application is still being reviewed.

In this case and because you've paid for tickets, maybe send webforms and emails to Lagos and Abuja with subject starting with URGENT. They review these and if deemed urgent by them, respond between 24 - 48hours.

Goodluck!

Lanrebobokay:

Please advice on which means to write directly to the embassy? my own case does not even have a head ..... lollll

i was issued PPR , i submitted passports then days later got a letter to disregard the passport request after i have submitted passport. funniest thing again now is i have an urgent trip for 1st week of August.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 7:29am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mummywifey: 8:23am On Jul 11, 2023
Mcheldave:

I used my name o, but they edited it for me there. Could that be the issue?

No I don't think so, i was only asking because I dont know if i should book using my son's name or my name
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 8:33am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Can you firstly check: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en to see if you have visa details

Also, can you check the IRCC Portal where you submitted the application to see if the visa approved status has changed?

If there isn't any visa number on the IRCC tracking portal, maybe the PPR letter might have sent erroneously and your application is still being reviewed.

In this case and because you've paid for tickets, maybe send webforms and emails to Lagos and Abuja with subject starting with URGENT. They review these and if deemed urgent by them, respond between 24 - 48hours.

Goodluck!

Wow! I am so scared right now. My mom got PPR yesterday but no visa details on tracker yet. Infact last updated was July 3. Do you mean the PPR was sent in error
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 8:34am On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Last year, experienced same & sent an email (info.cannig@vfshelpline.com) to them and got this reply below:

Kindly be informed that once appointment is scheduled you cannot cancelled or rescheduled. However, note that your IRCC number has been released to enable you schedule a fresh appointment. You might need to use another phone contact for easy access.

You mean I should change the phone number I used to schedule the initial appointment?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2023
Lanrebobokay:

Please, how many days later did you get the message to disregard the PPR and what is your timeline like? When did you submit an application and when did you get PPR?

I am about to book a flight for my mom, so I need to know if I should hold on. I am so scared right now. She got PPR yesterday but no visa details on the tracker.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2023
Please I need an answer o. Does it mean that before PPR is issued the tracker will first be updated? Did anybody receive PPR without an update on the tracker?

Please you guys should answer me biko, before anxiety go wound me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mummywifey: 9:00am On Jul 11, 2023
SweetJJ:
Please I need an answer o. Does it mean that before PPR is issued the tracker will first be updated? Did anybody receive PPR without an update on the tracker?

When did you receive your PPR?

My moms own was updated the next day after she received hers.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mummywifey: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2023
SweetJJ:

Please, how many days later did you get the message to disregard the PPR and what is your timeline like? When did you submit an application and when did you get PPR?

I am about to book a flight for my mom, so I need to know if I should hold on. I am so scared right now. She got PPR yesterday but no visa details on the tracker.

Don't be scared, it will be updated today.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2023
Mummywifey:

When did you receive your PPR?

My moms own was updated the next day after she received hers.

She reeived her BVL and PPR Yesterday. Thank you for answering. Let me wait for it today. They are currently doing maintenance on their site.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2023
Mummywifey:

Don't be scared, it will be updated today.

Thanks. Fingers crossed. Its scary!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2023
SweetJJ:

Nothing to be worried about.
Tracker will be updated.
There's a separate section that handle tracker link.
Your mom application was already approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2023
I'm not a visa officer and just sharing my opinion for his particular case where a letter was sent withdrawing his PPR (PPR 26th June, Withdrawal letter 7th July). Given you haven't received same, Don't Panic!

Was this a visit visa application?

Yours is the third case where PPR letter was sent without visa number that I've seen in recent times and while this is a miniscule sample size to make any conclusions, I'm leaning towards a case of human error. Maybe the PPR is valid and your profile just hasn't been updated.

Remember before the tracker was launched this year, things were being done the old way so don't be alarmed and send your passport for stamping.

SweetJJ:

Wow! I am so scared right now. My mom got PPR yesterday but no visa details on tracker yet. Infact last updated was July 3. Do you mean the PPR was sent in error
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2023
SweetJJ:

She reeived her BVL and PPR Yesterday. Thank you for answering. Let me wait for it today. They are currently doing maintenance on their site.

Which update did you notice on the tracker as of that July 3?

(1) (2) (3) ... (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: uchennay, Sweetjam, affoncad and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.