Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,178 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2320555 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bskyb(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
FatherFigure:

How do I track a package that is being sent back to applicant?

Thanks

Abeg, how did you get them to send back, because, i don chat, call and send evidence of return courier and they have not been helpful. Still says on tracker that, i should check "buy services" to use courier ?

Hey,

I paid for it at the point of submission.
I submitted thru courier, so I included the payment receipt for the One-way courier in the envelope along with the passport.

I didn't get to track it eventually as it arrived before I got the information on how to track it.

Send an email to them...they usually respond within 2 biz days

I was sent the email add below as theirs - canadang@vfshelpline.com

You can confirm it

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iykewright: 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hello house, has anyone booked Ethiopian airline online and made flight payment. I am considering booking Ethiopian airline cotonou to Canada

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by whiteMandingo: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
Pls whats the cost for canada visa application?.

Also cud some1 give a simple breakdown of the steps/procedure, i dont want to use agent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deluvtj247: 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:
Stop bothering your self Deluvtj, your application as been approved and you have sent your passport for visa stamping right ?

We too like worries ourself sha lol what do you want people that are still waiting approval since 2020 do ?

Attached below is answer to your Curiosity !!!!!

Thanks @Gentlesoul. I started worrying when I sent passport to VAC since July 13 and it was not acknowledged. Thanks I hope to get the return package soon. 🥂
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pristine664: 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
bigfatthing:

I used courier. Got the PPR late and I had just about 7 days left . So I just decided to not bother seeking appointment and use courier instead .

You mean seven days to school resumption or to the 30days on PPR letter?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ojularihabeeb: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
Vfs dey mad ooo.. if you are going to pick ur spouse passport pls go with your marriage certificate or else na OYO u dey ooo

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ojularihabeeb: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
Pls who is going to vfs Lagos here tomorrow?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
bigfatthing:
Good morning people, finally got the collection email. Please what time can I go there for pickup. Thanks

Please how long was your passport with ircc before they sent this email. My mom got the mail that her passport has been received at the ircc office today. I want to calculate the expected delivery time. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks we sent the passport for stamping.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hello great minds. I need an advise couple with explaination. I want to start visitor's visa application process due to the fact that a retired colleague did it &was given till Dec 2025 when his PP will expire. He now encourage me to put in while in service that I will be given 2&my PP will expire in July 2026 after which I will write to voluntary discharge then JAPA. MY worry is it will take me 15 months for the authority to process,approve &pay me my entitlements b4 I can travel to Canada. My question ❓ is should I go ahead with the process ❓ thx u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cutiejewel: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Good evening nairalanders,

I’m curious , I want to ask the processing time for Canada visit visa now , I heard it doesn’t take long anymore , how true is that?
Can anyone tell me the precise time

Asking for a friend .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
Cutiejewel:

I’m curious , I want to ask the processing time for Canada visit visa now , I heard it doesn’t take long anymore , how true is that?

Asking for a friend .

If you use the new ircc portal, it's about 6 weeks (30 business days). If you use the gckey it's about more than 700days average processing time, the last time I checked. It may not be upto that.

PS: it depends entirely on IRCC. The processing time on their site are average timelines.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
Please guru's in the house , is it that the update on the IRCC tracker is more genuine than the old IRCC application App? below is a screen dump from both with different update. Mind you this application is from 2020 ooooooo Covid-19 Era

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
Op, you said you will explain how to regularize a visit visa in Canada so that one can stay back, pls help with this info cos I want to travel to Canada next month, I have been given a visitor visa

roblance:
@thread OP, thanks for creating this thread.

Have been reading through the student visa thread for a while and have learned some lil stuff there, but i still got some questions if anyone can help with them.

@ terrimatix, from your statement, but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.pls can you give us more explanation about that?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
3 weeks? It use to take like 7-10 days now it would have been stamped and sent back to vfs office in lagos for collection

Maybe you used a slow courier service sha

SweetJJ:

Please how long was your passport with ircc before they sent this email. My mom got the mail that her passport has been received at the ircc office today. I want to calculate the expected delivery time. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks we sent the passport for stamping.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
iykewright:
Hello house, has anyone booked Ethiopian airline online and made flight payment. I am considering booking Ethiopian airline cotonou to Canada

Don't use Ethiopian airline, why not use Royal Air Maroc, Ethiopian airline can use 35 hours to get to Canada whereas Air Maroc will use 18 hours for the same flight, which means air maroc will be cheaper...

How much for the flight lets me see which is cheaper either it's from Lagos or from Cotonou
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
iykewright:

I also want to book air maroc to Canada but from Lagos to Canada, but I want to visit their office tomorrow at VI cos their fees is in dollars , I don't know their exchange rate ... So I want to visit their office tomorrow so they can tell me everything I need to know, their exchange rate so I can know how much it will cost me in naira, and possibly I will book the flight to Canada tomorrow , though it will be for me to fly august or September depends on how much the flight cost
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cpurity: 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hi biztycoons,
Please where is the office of maroc Air in VI?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
6weeks 😃

SweetJJ:

If you use the new ircc portal, it's about 6 weeks (30 business days). If you use the gckey it's about more than 700days average processing time, the last time I checked. It may not be upto that.

PS: it depends entirely on IRCC. The processing time on their site are average timelines.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
Cutiejewel:

Asking for a friend .

Give n take 11month
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cpurity: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
iykewright:

Hi iykewright
Please I am interested and how do I reach you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
biztycoons:
3 weeks? It use to take like 7-10 days now it would have been stamped and sent back to vfs office in lagos for collection

Maybe you used a slow courier service sha

I used DHL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cutiejewel: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
SweetJJ:

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2023
aderemi166:
6weeks 😃

My mom's own was processed in 9 business days from biometrics. And less than 3 weeks from application. I know people that theirs was shorter too. On the new portal though.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cutiejewel: 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
lakeside30:

Give n take 11month

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hpesojalo: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hello people, can anyone please write the list of documents needed at the port of entry when travelling to Canada??🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EngrBlack(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
Good evening fam,
thanks for all information gather from this group.I have gotten my visa and passport for myself and son.

I applied 2022 April for myself ,wife and son though wifey was pregnant then....fast forward to now my wife had lil issues with her documentation and visa was dined and we have a another son .

I want to re apply for wifey and new son, would I continue with my old portal or create a new one for wifey and my son ?

pls I need guidance.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
SweetJJ:

I used DHL

Nawa o, is it DHL near the vfs compound in lekki? Or where
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
kdfemi:

That’s all is need for self collection

Thank you..

For those going to pick up their passport in Lagos VFS office...please go very early to be in front o.. I got there 10am and I picked no 270 and one other guy picked 453.......

So do yourself a favor to be there on time..

Note: You would stand outside (no shelter) till 12pm... Even when you get inside and you aren't among the first 40, you would still stand till it's your turn to get in...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
Cpurity:
Hi biztycoons,
Please where is the office of maroc Air in VI?

I don't know the place too, but I will just follow the address I got via Google

Royal Air Maroc’s headquarters are in 42, Akin Adesola Street, Tetrazzini Building, 1st Floor, Eti Osa, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
chiomapx:

Thank you..

For those going to pick up their passport in Lagos VFS office...please go very early to be in front o.. I got there 10am and I picked no 270 and one other guy picked 453.......

So do yourself a favor to be there on time..

Note: You would stand outside (no shelter) till 12pm... Even when you get inside and you aren't among the first 40, you would still stand till it's your turn to get in...

Maybe you guys were too much sha, the day I went to pick mine, I got there some mins to 12, when they started calling people in for collection, maybe I was lucky to be number 52 or there about... But I didn't waste too much time there though
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biztycoons(f): 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
SweetJJ:

Pls what's the new ircc portal link/website

Asking for a friend, mine is out already

And what is the difference between people getting 6 months visitor visa and some getting 3 years visitor visa?

How can one apply to get the 3 years visitor visa?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
biztycoons:

Nawa o, is it DHL near the vfs compound in lekki? Or where
From Anambra state. Sent on Tuesday, It got to them on Thursday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ayobami52(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.