Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,670 members, 7,854,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

UNN To Present Certificates To 15,904 Graduates During 44th Convocation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN To Present Certificates To 15,904 Graduates During 44th Convocation (984 Views)

Teachers Without Professional Certificates To Go By Dec — FG / Pictures From My Convocation At UNN Yesterday! / Great Ife Student Union Leaders Is Yet To Present Any Budget. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN To Present Certificates To 15,904 Graduates During 44th Convocation by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
No fewer than 15,904 will receive their certificates for degrees and diplomas during the 44th convocation of the University of Nigeria Nsukka, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Benjamin Ozumba, has said.

Ozumba made the statement in Enugu on Monday when he briefed newsmen on the institution’s 44th convocation ceremony coming up on Saturday.

Ozumba said that 14,015 of the graduating students would receive first degree certificates, while 213 would receive diploma certificates.

Others are 331 Ph. Ds, Masters’ degrees (1,168) and 177 postgraduate diplomas.

He said that being the first convocation he would preside over since assuming office in June 2014, he would always abide by the philosophy of the founding fathers of the university.

``I made a personal resolve to promote, reward and institutionalise excellence. I had earlier enunciated my five-year development plan of staff welfare, students’ welfare, environmental and campus aesthetics, academic leadership and research as well as academic discipline and ethics.

“Concerted efforts have also been made to clear the backlog of unsigned certificates and return the university to a sound footing.

“Worthy of note is the quality and calibre of students produced for conferment of degree, diploma and certificate for this convocation details.

`` The graduating students will get their certificates during the convocation. This is going to be the tradition of my administration,’’ he said.

Ozumba said that a woman and three other eminent Nigerians had been selected for the award and conferment of honorary degrees.

According to him, two serving professors, Prof. P.N. Okoeke of the National Centre for Basic Space Science and Prof. Paul Akubue would be conferred the honour of Professor Emeritus.

Ozumba said the institution had recorded progressive increase in the number of qualitative graduating students.

He said that the convocation would also showcase the university’s extra-ordinary works of art; breakthroughs and innovation in various fields and disciplines as well as outstanding publications.

The vice-chancellor said that the Minister of Aviation, Chief Osita Chidoka, would deliver the convocation Lecture, titled ``Rebuilding the Nigerian Dream: Mapping the Building Blocks’’ on Thursday.

Re: UNN To Present Certificates To 15,904 Graduates During 44th Convocation by Harry3: 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nice
Re: UNN To Present Certificates To 15,904 Graduates During 44th Convocation by U235weapongrade: 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
UNN...

Prof.P.N okeke and Prof Akubue...Emeritus professors..#deserved..

P.N okeke- "author of one doze physics text books in secondary school"
Taught some of my snr colleagues in d University-PHY 107...-mechanics n properties of matter

Prof Akubue - taught me ENGR 102..

UNN..
Good old dayz...

#a unn graduate is naturally ahead of u....
Re: UNN To Present Certificates To 15,904 Graduates During 44th Convocation by mechanics(m): 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
U235weapongrade:
UNN...

Prof.P.N okeke and Prof Akubue...Emeritus professors..#deserved..

P.N okeke- "author of one doze physics text books in secondary school"
Taught some of my snr colleagues in d University-PHY 107...-mechanics n properties of matter

Prof Akubue - taught me ENGR 102..

UNN..
Good old dayz...

#a unn graduate is naturally ahead of u....
wow, dats a great priviledge to b taught by a renowed prof of physics PN Okeke, i used his texbooks during my sch days b4 Anyakoha's own came out.

(1) (Reply)

Over 350 .3gp Medical Documentary Videos In A 16gig Mcard For 3,000 Only / OAU 2015/16 Aspirant Whatsapp Group Chat. / Oil & Gas Quiz to Improve your Engineering Knowledge (Weekly Prizes for Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.