Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,636 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC (2802 Views)

Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist / IBB's Government Seized Buhari's Certificates - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by Smart007i(m): 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2015
alizenbohr:
The one thing I can deduce from Lai Mohammed's statement is that Buhari did not tender his certificate to enrol into the army (you can't give what you don't have)...

...But he (Lai) is begging Nigerians not to probe the matter too deep because it might expose the rot in the activities of the military and indite other officers who came in through back door and not merit.

APC the Chameleon Party, always CHANGING mouth!
I don't expect you to comprehend...
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Them don come again grin ;Dmake una let oga general talk for im self, abi na dumb grin grin angry
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
mobuch:

My constitution which I purchased directly from unilag bookshop thru my lawyer friend clearly states that u need to have a minimum of secondary school certificate to run for the office of the president, if yours didn't state so, then am sure its a pirated copy u bought under ojuelegba bridge.

Yes your constitution, only you alone, with your unique copy; LOL you are very incredible - what an air-head.
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by CyberWolf: 11:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nigerians hope you are seeing what this northern oligarch has done and is still doing to you? grin grin grin...Game on. If you like vote Buhari so that your masters and PhDs will just serve as qualification as keke drivers and akara sellers while they become directors and perm. Secs without wassce.. A word is enough for the wise cheesy
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by chronique(m): 12:15am On Jan 21, 2015
Let me set Lai Mohammed straight here with this excerpt.

"In any case, even if the army now says it does not have the
certificates of Buhari, he is still very qualified to run for the
country’s highest office, as stipulated by the constitution of
the federal republic of Nigeria.
The party quoted Section 131 (d) of the constitution:

“A
person shall be qualified for election to the office of
president if he has been educated up to at least School
Certificate level or its equivalent”.
It said the meaning and interpretation of school certificate
level or its equivalent can be found in the constitution under
part IV, section 318. In that section, a ‘school certificate or it
equivalent’ is defined quite succinctly thus:
(a) A secondary school certificate or its equivalent, Grade II
Teacher’s certificate, the city and guilds certificate; or
(b) Education up to secondary school certificate level; or
(c) Primary six school leaving certificate or its equivalent.

Sub-section (a) clearly spells it out that a secondary school certificate or its equivalent. (b) says education up to secondary school certificate level. Proof of this can only be done via presentation of results showing that you have been educated up to that level,and the generally accepted standard for that nationwide,is the presentation of your secondary school leaving certificate. (c) primary school leaving certificate or its equivalent.

What is worthy of note here,is that these are 3 definitions of school leaving certificate in order of hierachy. But looking at it critically,one can see that (a) and (b) are superior to (c). It's now left for the court to determine which one of them would be the minimum requirement,considering the fact that the constitution says school leaving certificate and if the definition of school leaving certificate are the 3 above,does it now mean that (a) is equal to (b) and (c)? Obviously,(c) is a much lower level from (a) and (b).

Common sense would tell everyone of us,that the destiny of over 170 million Nigerians,cannot be left in the hands of a man with only (c).
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by ezugegere(m): 12:45am On Jan 21, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Then you must go back to school and revise your comprehension; show me where the constitution required he must produce his certificate or evidence he wrote any exam.

How do u prove you have acquired education to a certain level, if you don't have certificate to show? What is the purpose of issuing certificates?
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:46am On Jan 21, 2015
CyberWolf:
Nigerians hope you are seeing what this northern oligarch has done and is still doing to you? grin grin grin...Game on. If you like vote Buhari so that your masters and PhDs will just serve as qualification as keke drivers and akara sellers while they become directors and perm. Secs without wassce.. A word is enough for the wise cheesy

Shey you saw how your so called PhD holder in Aso Rock, 'stealing is not corruption and partner (also a supposed degree holder) a.k.a 'I will rather kill myself than commit suicide,' are disgracing their certificates with incessant embarrassing blunders, thereby confirming the suspicion that paper qualifications in Nigeria are increasingly becoming meaningless.
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:59am On Jan 21, 2015
ezugegere:

How do u prove you have acquired education to a certain level, if you don't have certificate to show? What is the purpose of issuing certificates?

A certificate is one among others.
Buhari had provided another option through an affidavit.
The military board had provided yet another - copy of a letter from his school.
There are many more e.g. school year books, a testimonial and other similar records.

While certificate essentially confirms the level of excellence but not the only way.
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 21, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

There are many more e.g. school year books, a testimonial and other similar records.

While certificate essentially confirms the level of excellence but not the only way.

Hope this nonsense you are saying now is not what your oga wants to say tomorrow sha??
Remind him he said his certificate is with iBB o..B4 he starts confusing himself tomorrow..

Dalu!
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by alizenbohr: 1:13am On Jan 21, 2015
Double Post.
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by alizenbohr: 1:13am On Jan 21, 2015
Smart007i:

I don't expect you to comprehend...

Please help me comprehend, if you can.
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 21, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Shey you saw how your so called PhD holder in Aso Rock, 'stealing is not corruption and partner (also a supposed degree holder) a.k.a 'I will rather kill myself than commit suicide,' are disgracing their certificates with incessant embarrassing blunders, thereby confirming the suspicion that paper qualifications in Nigeria are increasingly becoming meaningless.

So you are saying 'there is no point having a certificate'? Bros, who has bewitched you?
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 21, 2015
chronique:
Let me set Lai Mohammed straight here with this excerpt.

"In any case, even if the army now says it does not have the
certificates of Buhari, he is still very qualified to run for the
country’s highest office, as stipulated by the constitution of
the federal republic of Nigeria.
The party quoted Section 131 (d) of the constitution:

“A
person shall be qualified for election to the office of
president if he has been educated up to at least School
Certificate level or its equivalent”.
It said the meaning and interpretation of school certificate
level or its equivalent can be found in the constitution under
part IV, section 318. In that section, a ‘school certificate or it
equivalent’ is defined quite succinctly thus:
(a) A secondary school certificate or its equivalent, Grade II
Teacher’s certificate, the city and guilds certificate; or
(b) Education up to secondary school certificate level; or
(c) Primary six school leaving certificate or its equivalent.

Sub-section (a) clearly spells it out that a secondary school certificate or its equivalent. (b) says education up to secondary school certificate level. Proof of this can only be done via presentation of results showing that you have been educated up to that level,and the generally accepted standard for that nationwide,is the presentation of your secondary school leaving certificate. (c) primary school leaving certificate or its equivalent.

What is worthy of note here,is that these are 3 definitions of school leaving certificate in order of hierachy. But looking at it critically,one can see that (a) and (b) are superior to (c). It's now left for the court to determine which one of them would be the minimum requirement,considering the fact that the constitution says school leaving certificate and if the definition of school leaving certificate are the 3 above,does it now mean that (a) is equal to (b) and (c)? Obviously,(c) is a much lower level from (a) and (b).

Common sense would tell everyone of us,that the destiny of over 170 million Nigerians,cannot be left in the hands of a man with only (c).

Can I shock you, buhari doesn't even have (c).
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by alizenbohr: 1:25am On Jan 21, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

cc Smart007i

Wow!
Here is your proof of Testimonial, School Year book, and other similar records.

More to follow...

Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2015
DDeliverer:

Hope this nonsense you are saying now is not what your oga wants to say tomorrow sha??
Remind him he said his certificate is with iBB o..B4 he starts confusing himself tomorrow..

Dalu!

DDeliverer:

So you are saying 'there is no point having a certificate'? Bros, who has bewitched you?

What I am saying is that the constitution does not make acquisition of a certificate mandatory i.e I am in agreement with the topic that Buhari or anybody else does not need a certificate to contest - of course it is not my problem if you and many like you cannot comprehend lest understand the relevant provisions as quoted.

I have news for you, according to this (upload I came across) on the constitutional meaning of certificate; in fact the minimum requirement is not even education to certificate level but only an ability to read and write up to the satisfaction of the electoral commission or similar - check this out, especially sub-sections ci-iii; and d which left it entirely open to the determination of INEC.

Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by Privy(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
I must confess that whoever planned APC's publicity and media did a really good job in swaying public opinion. Kudos to them for that.

The reality is that Nigeria needs change YES WE DO! but not a change championed by "wolves in sheep's clothing". I am sincerely disappointed at Buhari's certificate saga. I was one of his supporters in 2011 but never again. Today, he ceases to be a role model for me!

How can a representative of a national political party boldly and openly equate a principal's recommendation with a standard examination board's certificate? Is that the standard of education his party stands for?

Nigeria has a big challenge with corruption and the problem is not only from political leaders but the citizenry make up the biggest part of the corruption monster. If indeed GMB did not pass any standard exam that is equivalent to WASSC and he went on to become a general and still wants to rule Nigeria without meeting the full requirement as stated in the constitution, then he is a fraud and part of the corruption debris that real positive change should sweep out of Nigeria.

Why should he state that he passed English, geography health science etc (as stated in the Army records) if he never sat for the exams? Is that not fraud?

Why should he have said that all his educational certificates remain with the Secretary of the military if he has nothing equivalent to WASSC? Was he trying to outsmart 170 million persons?

Why does anyone (read Lai Mohammed and co) even think that a person that lies (or pretends) that he has a requisite qualification for a certain position or education deserves the position/education when his stated qualifications are farcical? Such persons are usually disgraced out of the position/educational institution.

Why, for heaven's sake, did APC fail to field Fashola for presidency and really project honorable change for Nigeria?

Saddening and disappointing - APC, PDP, GMB, GEJ birds of the same feather.
Re: Buhari Qualified To Run Without Certificates - APC by asadike(f): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
See as tinubu carry style dey catapult jonathan to victory

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Support Buhari -- Edwin Clark / How Peter Obi Collected N27billion From Diezani And Betrayed Jonathan Instead / Happening Right Now At Oshodi/mushin Cappa *live Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.