Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari (3552 Views)

Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment / Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" / I Want To Buy Fuel At The Price Of N45 By Tomorrow- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by dejt4u(m): 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, will speak to the media Tuesday on details of his qualification, amid a raging controversy on whether he is fit to stand for the February 14 election, his campaign office said.
The Buhari campaign office said Tuesday that the former military ruler will speak to the media at 9a.m. in Kano, where he is currently canvassing for votes.

The announcement came hours
after the Nigerian Army denied
having Mr. Buhari’s Senior Secondary School certificate, casting a doubt on whether Mr. Buhari met the basic qualification to be enlisted into the military in 1962.
The Director of Army Public Relations, Olajide Laleye, said the entry made on the Nigerian Army Form 199A at the point of documentation after Mr. Buhari
was commissioned as an officer, indicated that the former Head of State obtained the West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961.

“With credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature.

However, he said “Neither the
original copy, certified true copy (CTC) nor statement of result of Major-.Gen. Mohammadu Buhari‘s WASC result is in his personal file.”

He cited records confirming that Mr. Buhari applied to join the military as a form six student of the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina, on Oct. 18, 1961.

“His application was duly endorsed by the principal of the
school, who also wrote a report
on him and recommended him to be suitable for military commission,” Mr. Laleye said.

He however explained that while it is a practice in the Army that before candidates are shortlisted for commissioning into the officers’ cadre of the service, the selection board verifies their original copies of credentials, there is no available record to show that that process was followed in the 1960s.

The Army’s details have heightened debates on whether Mr. Buhari, despite undertaking
higher cadre military courses, has met the constitutional requirement that a Nigerian must have attained a minimum of SSCE or its equivalent to stand for the highest office in the country.

A statement by Garba Shehu, the media director for his campaign team, said Mr. Buhari will respond on Wednesday. The party said Mr. Buhari remains “fit as fiddle”, but did not give further details.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/175335-buhari-speak-wednesday-qualification-election.html
Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by killuminati(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
His Excellency, President Mohammadu Buhari GCFR

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Alphaoscar: 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yes, let's put the matter to rest once and for all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 9:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
And he should also talk about why he killed those 40 soldiers, is that not heartless?
No mercy for human life?, later rotimi amechi would open his gotta mouth and be shouting that jonathan should not kill the soldier that refused to fight Boko haram, but did he condemn buhari actions?

APC and lies..

Meanwhile, GEJ till buhari knows the meaning of INEC...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Kakpos: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
my general my God will protect you and lead you

4 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
Another 'robust response' coming. We dey wait. Tomorrow no kuku far.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by raumdeuter: 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
The people's general we don't need you to address any certificate issue.

Our mind is made up to change Jonathan and send him back to Otuoke by boat

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by motherlode: 10:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Great move to ward off more detrimental comments and also put to shame those behind the Buhari certificate scandal. "a thousand shall fall @ my side and ten thousand @ my right hand side but it shall not come near me" those speaking ill of you keep campaigning for you indirectly which they don't know!
#SaiBuhari #KaiJonathan #MyEnemiesShallDieInMyPlace

2 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Tundeajani(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
the general should end with a question to the pdp where the missing chibok girls are,the missing twenty billion dollars,the subsidy scam,,,in short if i be gmb eyin pdp e ti daran lowo mi oh,,,,ojo yen gan lemo gboro ti e sima lo binu fori so apata

2 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Wetin the dullard wan talk

3 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yes lets put the matter to rest once and for all

Nothing less than your original certificate, verified copy or a timeline to collect either of these from WAEC will do!

4 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by LMAyedun(m): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
I can't wait...

2 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Flets: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hope he will be showing the certificate? We've heard enough stories on this subject and any additional story will be unacceptable.

Its either the certificate original or photocopy
Explanation why he lied under oath that his certificate was with military board
And the reason why he has chosen not to go get the replacements even if he lost them.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by lalasticlala(m): 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
jerseyboy:
Another 'robust response' coming. We dey wait. Tomorrow no kuku far.

Lol. This one no b that pastor 'robust' reply wey una still DE wait 4...
Abi he don finally reply... .?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by adamskutty(m): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
My humble general, even if u present tissue paper as ur certificate, i will still vote for u come febuhari 14. grin

If they like make them say u get ebola, mister A.D will surely vote for u. grin

4 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Descartes: 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
Good move from APC Media wing
Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by fitzmayowa: 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
By this time tomorrow we will know the version of the story to believe...I wonder why it took this long for him to address the issue...

Patiently waiting for the much awaited response tomorrow, I hope he doesn't fall his people hand sha...

1 Like

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by pacifique(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
Not long anymore, we shall know our president. And I have to use my PVC for someone whom ll value Education.

1 Like

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by korel9: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
Okay till then

1 Like

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by ishiamu(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
We waiting to hear the fulani man defend himself

2 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by holatin(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
am sure doyin,omokri,fayose and ffk no go get penis erecttion due to this news

A mosquito that bite buhari will be more intelligent than goodluck.
so he produce CV or not.
I will vote bad luck out and vote Buhari in

buhari for president
Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by alaoeri: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
GMB let's put this issue to rest & shame the TANoids.
GMB 2015.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Kororugged: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin

Another day of mourning for PDP tomorrow

Please PDP stop crying, it is well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by freshness2020: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lol!
Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by okotv(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
its been long overdue. Just give the haters what to chew on why you keep campaigning and telling Nigerians what you want to do. The best is yet to come.

sai buhari
change 2015
febuhari is right before us. Vote wisely.
Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by faitheverest(f): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Better for him.......but is it necessary?#justaskinganyway# GEJ all the way

1 Like

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by ayusco85(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2015

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Amastermovic(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
We don here i go borrow am my own...
Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by Descartes: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
...better do or risks suit

3 Likes

Re: I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari by ifeelgood: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Gud

(1) (2)

Large Crowd Welcome President Goodluck Jonathan Today In Kwara (photos) / What Will Bauchi State Remember ISA YUGUDA For? / Ogoni Nation Will Not Support Lower Niger Delta Of Nigeria's Secession Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.