Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Help On New Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On New Website (802 Views)

How I Got My Adsense With Just 24 Posts On A New Website Of Just 2 Weeks Old! / How To Post Youtube Videos On New Nairaland / Pls help review my new website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On New Website by babanne(m): 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2008
I recently got a free domain name from http://www.000webhost.com/70920.html.   Please i need someone to guide me on how to start uploading information on to my new site. i  wish to do it myself but need the assistance of someone that knows it well. All suggestions are welcome.Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Re: Help On New Website by Seton(m): 8:02am On Dec 23, 2008
sincerely folk, i do not know where to start from.
anyway, have you design the site
if yes then upload it
log on to your cpanel which must have been given to you by the web host
click on 'file manager'
click on 'www folder
upload the your website files

or you can contact the webhost, they will be glad to help, though you may need to pay a token, i may be wrong though 'cos that is what you get with free stuffs

i hope this help you anyway, let me know
Re: Help On New Website by OmniPotens(m): 10:37am On Dec 23, 2008
@poster

You can always YIM me whenever you see my online status for a guide. Can't type much now because I'm tied by so much works here.

Consider downloading an FTP software like "Filezilla Client". Go to google and search it out. It is a free software. There are many others out there you can still use.

I'll still try post more info when I'm chanced. Meanwhile, try and YIM me.
Re: Help On New Website by babanne(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2008
@seton thanks.does it mean imust have written html codes for my site?or what files are you referring to that i should upload?my host supports both html and php. i only have a little knowledge of only html.can you help me further?

@poster what time of the day are you normally online?i want to really talk to U. please let me know when you are available.
Re: Help On New Website by dean2725: 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2008
menh!, i luv this thread
Re: Help On New Website by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2008
i think you are the poster,

@topic
You need to know the type of control panel your host provides, there are lots there, Cpanel, Vdeck etc
Re: Help On New Website by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2009
This is very nice thread though. Ehm, guy if you use a site like www.50megs.com or even freeservers.com i can always help you
50megs.com will give you 50MB of freespace - and i think they have some tools that you can use to build your site using their templates if you do not use html. I cant remember much about the site, but i signed up there about 6 years ago and my site is still there http://diltony.i8.com/ - though it is empty now - if the site show banners in your pages - i can give you instruction on how to remove the banners "legally" - without tampering with their server that is.
Re: Help On New Website by babanne(m): 10:01am On Jan 05, 2009
@dhtml thanks. my host have the followinh facilities

- 1500 MB of Disk Space, 100 GB Bandwidth
- Host your own domain (http://www.yourdomain.com)
- cPanel Powered Hosting (you will love it)
- Over 500 website templates ready to download
- Easy to use website builder
- Free POP3 Email Box with Webmail access
- FTP and Web based File Manager
- PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Ruby.
- And many more

Can u assist with these?hop 2 hear from u

(1) (Reply)

Tutorials On Php Forms / The 10 Most Popular Myths About Running A Social Networking Site / How Much Traffic Do You Get Per Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.