Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. (746 Views)

40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Let All The Saints Get Ready For The Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. by huxley(m): 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2008
Following the death (or suicide) of God (Jesus) the bible reports that many saints who had been dead for some time arose and went into the city and were seen by many.

Matthew 27

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Why is this reported in a matter-of-factly manner?  Was it because resurrections were commonplace in 1st century Palestine?  Why are there no more detailed information about these saints and where they had been while they had been dead?

If resurrections were so common then, what makes Jesus's any special?  Are Christian also saved by the death and resurrection of the saints, after all, they resurrected before Jesus and had been in their graves for much longer, presumably?

Did these saints walk the streets of Jerusalem in corporeal form or in spirit form?

And finally, what became of these saints?  Did they go back to their graves voluntarily shortly after they awoke?  Did they live amongst their friends and relative as per normal, only to die again later?  Or did they rise into heaven?

What do you guys think was the most plausible end of this narrative?
Re: Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 01, 2009
I wonder why I didn't see this since December last year.

I'll tell you why those people came out of their graves. Because in that time when Jesus died, every single evil spirit, including those who were holding them in death, left the earth.
Re: Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. by huxley(m): 12:31pm On May 01, 2009
mactao:

I wonder why I didn't see this since December last year.

I'll tell you why those people came out of their graves. Because in that time when Jesus died, every single evil spirit, including those who were holding them in death, left the earth.

You just made that up, didn't you?
Re: Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. by nacom(f): 12:40pm On May 01, 2009
huxley:

Following the death (or suicide) of God (Jesus) the bible reports that many saints who had been dead for some time arose and went into the city and were seen by many.

Matthew 27

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Why is this reported in a matter-of-factly manner?  Was it because resurrections were commonplace in 1st century Palestine?  Why are there no more detailed information about these saints and where they had been while they had been dead?

If resurrections were so common then, what makes Jesus's any special?  Are Christian also saved by the death and resurrection of the saints, after all, they resurrected before Jesus and had been in their graves for much longer, presumably?

Did these saints walk the streets of Jerusalem in corporeal form or in spirit form?

And finally, what became of these saints?  Did they go back to their graves voluntarily shortly after they awoke?  Did they live amongst their friends and relative as per normal, only to die again later?  Or did they rise into heaven?

What do you guys think was the most plausible end of this narrative?

@huxley

Quite a very dumb thread you started. And to prove how dumb it is, The thread had to wait 5 good months before someone could notice it.

How dumb can some poster be on this forum.
Re: Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. by huxley(m): 1:22pm On May 01, 2009
na.com:

@huxley

Quite a very dumb thread you started. And to prove how dumb it is, The thread had to wait 5 good months before someone could notice it.

How dumb can some poster be on this forum.

Can you demonstrate how reluctance to deal with the thread indicates the dumbness of the thread?

When Gregor Mendel performed his groundbreaking experiments on peas that eventually proved demonstrated the factors involved in sexual reproduction, his work went unappreciated for decades. Does that mean that his ideas where dumb. Many other ideas and discoveries have goes unappreciated at the time of the discovery, only to be appreciated by later generations of people. Does that mean that such ideas/doscoveries were dump?

I think I know the dump one in this NL and it is not me or my ideas. I predict that you will have nothing more to say to defend your dump and silly arguments, just as you had nothing to say on the main subject.

Take you dumb-ass religious brain into where it rightly belongs - the cesspit of the bible and the churches where you will be brainwashed and exploited of the last bit of self-respect you have.
Re: Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. by Image123(m): 4:40pm On May 01, 2009
Ha ah huxley,you don't usually give such uncivil reply na,hope nothing?you no get grace? O you don't believe,a pitiable condition. Well,I sent your name to someone to pray for you on children's day.How 'bout that? Well,as per your question,the point is that many do not take such questions seriously,so they don't even bother to reply.many times,its not that your questions are 'tasking' but the person and perhaps the manner in which the question was asked.consider for instance the question 'what is your name?', as easy as that question is,you're not going to answer it everytime and to every person.If you had read Matthew27 patiently and with your 2eyes,you would have noticed that v53 says 'AFTER HIS resurrection.' They came out after,not before as you're thinking.Of course you can deduce that they came out by him,Christ not by their own power.Christ came out with his resurrection power.We're told that They(the many saints) went out into Jerusalem and appeared unto many.Within the about 40days period that Jesus spent on earth after his resurrection,many things happened among which was Matthew 27v52,53.You can be sure that they didn't resurrect for show/entertainment or to give the scribes something to write about.They arose to declare the risen Lord of glory.Other passages tell us that angels were also involved in this joyous occasion,and then as Christ was to ascend,he told his followers to preach it to every creature.It is this same gospel that we've brought to you.Jesus died and rose to buy you from spiritual slavery,poverty and blindness into freedom. You can have freedom from sin,you can have peace that passes human understanding,you can have joy like a river,you can love for God is Love.That's why Jesus came,thats why the Bible was written.It was for you my friend.
Re: Christians Are Saved By The Dead And Resurrection Of The Saints. Not Jesus. by nacom(f): 4:53pm On May 01, 2009
@huxley

Its really funny how dumb people can use the dumbest examples such as you have just done to to try to prove a point. Now your dumb brain is comparing yourself to Gregor Mendel ? How interesting.

@Image123

Thank you for doing huxley the favour of sending his name for special prayer request on children's day.How funny some dumb children such as huxley can be seeking attention with dumb posts that are become a regular trade make of his.

(1) (Reply)

My Christmas Message? There's Probably No God / hELL IS rEAL! / Does Jesus Love Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.