Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,704 members, 7,851,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' (907 Views)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / 20 Men Marry 2nd Wives In Zuntu, Kaduna State (Photos) / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by MegMich(m): 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
You really may not be part of the MOST.
A sincere assessment.
I have always bin of the opinion that if I were a lady, I won't just marry because our culture sees no life for its ladies outside marriage. Though our culture is such that truly allows and provides for long lasting marriage, it in many ways put our ladies under pressure, as such, they succumb to just any man. Given that once out of marriage(through divorce or simple separation) getting married again is a toll order given the mind set of the typical African man, it is therefore paramount that measures should be taken to avoid regrets.
Hence, I tot it wise to gather these facts obtained through interaction why Nigerian men get into marriage:

1- I have made money syndrome. This is seen amongst young promising men who feel they should have an 'Oriaku' to spend on.

2- Am of age. Funny enof people still sponsor other people's marriage because they feel he should have a wife considering his age. Most often however, men are cajoled into marriage becos of their age and some, to avoid this would rather do the presumed needful.

3- I need a cook. After all, women's education ends in kitchen. Beware, the bulk of people in this category are wife beaters.

4- Mark of manliness. Who says marriage is synonymous with manliness

5- Financial security. If you are a lady who is established or has potentials, beware you may fall for this. Most men marry doctors, nurses, lawyers etc for what they can get financially.

6- Bear children to continue linage(if there is anything like that). What is the guarantee that you or the man is fertile enof to start producing immediately? Beware of mother-in-law sickness.

7- To curtail promiscuity. Brother, if you are promiscuous before marriage, are you sure u're gonna stop once married? Prayer and self discipline is the way out.

8- Old age security! Young wives versus old men.Still wondering why young women marry men thrice their age? Worry no more cos Nigerian men have got the answer.

Finally, marriage is an institution installed by our creator. Reasons as to entering this should be genuine and all encompassing. I there urge you to seek Him diligently for he has the answers.
I rep Naija

1 Like

Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by fijiano202(m): 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
hmmmm....am waiting for counter-thread
Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by ArchEnemy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
-To feel among (All my friends ve gotten married lemme join in)
-To curb the societal pressure (at your age, you never marry?)

1 Like

Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by Joel3(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
f u c k marriage. I don't need a wife.
Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by amokeme(f): 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
ArchEnemy:
-To feel among (All my friends ve gotten married lemme join in)
-To curb the societal pressure (at your age, you never marry?)
my boyfriend falls into this category.. Its just really annoying cry
Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by 5minsmadness: 6:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
MegMich:
You really may not be part of the MOST.
A sincere assessment.
I have always bin of the opinion that if I were a lady, I won't just marry because our culture sees no life for its ladies outside marriage. Though our culture is such that truly allows and provides for long lasting marriage, it in many ways put our ladies under pressure, as such, they succumb to just any man. Given that once out of marriage(through divorce or simple separation) getting married again is a toll order given the mind set of the typical African man, it is therefore paramount that measures should be taken to avoid regrets.
Hence, I tot it wise to gather these facts obtained through interaction why Nigerian men get into marriage:

1- I have made money syndrome. This is seen amongst young promising men who feel they should have an 'Oriaku' to spend on.

2- Am of age. Funny enof people still sponsor other people's marriage because they feel he should have a wife considering his age. Most often however, men are cajoled into marriage becos of their age and some, to avoid this would rather do the presumed needful.

3- I need a cook. After all, women's education ends in kitchen. Beware, the bulk of people in this category are wife beaters.

4- Mark of manliness. Who says marriage is synonymous with manliness

5- Financial security. If you are a lady who is established or has potentials, beware you may fall for this. Most men marry doctors, nurses, lawyers etc for what they can get financially.

6- Bear children to continue linage(if there is anything like that). What is the guarantee that you or the man is fertile enof to start producing immediately? Beware of mother-in-law sickness.

7- To curtail promiscuity. Brother, if you are promiscuous before marriage, are you sure u're gonna stop once married? Prayer and self discipline is the way out.

8- Old age security! Young wives versus old men.Still wondering why young women marry men thrice their age? Worry no more cos Nigerian men have got the answer.

Finally, marriage is an institution installed by our creator. Reasons as to entering this should be genuine and all encompassing. I there urge you to seek Him diligently for he has the answers.
I rep Naija

So, what is the reason for getting married if not for the points above?

1 Like

Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by MegMich(m): 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

So, what is the reason for getting married if not for the points above?

Purpose brova, PURPOSE!

1 Like

Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by 5minsmadness: 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
MegMich:

Purpose brova, PURPOSE!
What purpose? Everything you mentioned above are legitimate purposes. What other purpose do you think should make a man want to marry?
Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by ArchEnemy(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2015
amokeme:
my boyfriend falls into this category.. Its just really annoying cry
just bear with him smiley
Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by KanwuliaJara: 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
To find a breeder and a kitchen slave.
Nothing to do with love! kiss

1 Like

Re: 'why MOST Nigerian Men Marry' by crackhaus: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
Everyone has some reason(s) for getting married, isn't that the point?

(1) (Reply)

10 Year Old Twin Sisters Lose Their Lives After Ghastly Car Accident (photo) / Photo: They Said She Must Be A Warri Woman. I Disagree. She Must Be Yoru.a. / SHOCKER! Their Divorced Parents Are Planning To Wed While They Too Wants To Wed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.