Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,035 members, 7,953,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon (851 Views)

Stealing Is Not Corruption VS A Gift Is Not Bribe / Fighting Corruption Vs. Reviving The Economy. Which Is Better? / Corruption Vs Stealing, Any Difference?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by megacity: 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
This is 21st century and I don't really like the idea of having a president who calls ''corruption'' ''kwa-rap-shon''! Can you imagine this president standing side by side with Obama and addressing a press conference; this manner of speech is not only an embarrassment but a disgrace to all of us!
Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by Unionised(m): 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
And what makes Obama's diction the correct one?

Appreciate diversity abeg.

We can't all speak through our noses.

And how does that affect intelligence?

Last time I checked, you don't need diction to fight KWA-RAP-SHION!
Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by Ikengawo: 12:04am On Jan 22, 2015
Unionised:

the rules of the english language.
Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by Unionised(m): 12:13am On Jan 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

the rules of the english language.

Which yeye rule be that?

Rid yourself of that complex.

The almighty US of A has so many dialects you can actually identify anyone's state of origin by their diction.

Obama's diction sounds funny to many of his electorate sir.

Expand your mind beyond petty issues.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by Ikengawo: 12:19am On Jan 22, 2015
Unionised:

Which yeye rule be that?

Rid yourself of that complex.

The almighty US of A has so many dialects you can actually identify anyone's state of origin by their diction.

Obama's diction sounds funny to many of his electorate sir.

Expand your mind beyond petty issues.

there are rules to the english language, C, O, R, P, T, I, and N all have specific sounds they make and if you don't make the right sound you don't say the right word

Kwarrapsha is not Corruption.
Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by megacity: 12:22am On Jan 22, 2015
See, if you want to speak English, you need to speak English. This manner of pronunciation may be pardonable for a semi-literate local artisan or farmer but certainly not for a man that wants to be president of a country with highly educated people like you and I

Unionised:

1 Like

Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by Unionised(m): 12:28am On Jan 22, 2015
megacity:
See, if you want to speak English, you need to speak English. This manner of pronunciation may be pardonable for a semi-literate local artisan or farmer but certainly not for a man that wants to be president of a country with highly educated people like you and I

And what has education got to do with diction?

Do you cringe when listening to Ban Ki Moon?

How about that upstart N Korean leader?

The Saudi Princes?

What of Shinzu Abe?

Do they sound like the Queen of England?

Yet you appreciate these people, no?

So why's your own countryman different?

Double standards...
Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by Unionised(m): 12:32am On Jan 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

there are rules to the english language, C, O, R, P, T, I, and N all have specific sounds they make and if you don't make the right sound you don't say the right word

Kwarrapsha is not Corruption.

You can apply to coach him since you know so much.
Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by megacity: 12:41am On Jan 22, 2015
Nigeria is an English speaking country. All these people you mentioned are from countries whose primary language of communication is not English.........

As a president, you 'll be dealing with advanced issues in economics - money supply, inflation rates, exchange rates, foreign reserves, etc. You need to understand how these variables inter-play. An illiterate or semi-literate will not get the job done for you

Unionised:

And what has education got to do with diction?

Do you cringe when listening to Ban Ki Moon?

How about that upstart N Korean leader?

The Saudi Princes?

What of Shinzu Abe?

Do they sound like the Queen of England?

Yet you appreciate these people, no?

So why's your own countryman different?

Double standards...
Re: Corruption Vs. Kwa-rap-shon by Unionised(m): 12:54am On Jan 22, 2015
megacity:
Nigeria is an English speaking country. All these people you mentioned are from countries whose primary language of communication is not English.........

As a president, you 'll be dealing with advanced issues in economics - money supply, inflation rates, exchange rates, foreign reserves, etc. You need to understand how these variables inter-play. An illiterate or semi-literate will not get the job done for you

And so I repeat...

WHAT HAS DICTION GOT TO DO WITH HIS ABILITY TO HANDLE NATIONAL ISSUES?

(1) (Reply)

President Patience And Her First Lady (goodluck) / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And The Missing Trillions (1), By Chukwuma Charles Soludo / Becareful Who U Vote,as For Me Nd My Household I Will Go For GEJ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.