Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court (1777 Views)

"I Am Tired Of Feeding And Clothing My Husband", A Woman Begs Court For Divorce / Tell My Husband To Return My Pants, Wife Begs Court / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by free2ryhme: 5:06am On Jan 22, 2015
Lagos—A fashion designer, Abosede Lawal, has told an Igando Grade A Customary Court to dissolve her 20 years old marriage with her estranged husband, Demola Lawal, who she alleged is mentally deranged.

Abosede, a resident of 29, Ore Ofe Street, Governor’s Road, Ikotun, told the court that she had five children with her husband, a mechanic.

She told the court President, Rasack Ishola-Adeyeri, that when they got married, she did not know that he had mental disorder until she gave birth to their first child.

She said he started behaving funny and saying things nobody understood at the hospital where she gave birth.

The fashion designer said she thought it was something she could cope with initially, stating that she thought that her husband would get well one day until she finally moved out, following threats to her life by her husband.

Lawal said: “Whenever we go to bed, he always says he would kill me before he can be well, though some times when he regains his sanity, he behaves normal.

“Whenever my husband loses his sanity, he always brings acid, cutlass and knife to the bed room and keeps them beside the bed and says that if he does not kill me, he will not be well.

“After sometime he will stop saying it. He also beats me mercilessly whenever he loses his sanity.”

Asked if she was married to another man that prompted her to seek for divorce, Abosede denied it, stating that it was because she could not live with her husband that made her ask for the dissolution of the marriage.

Asked further why she continued to have children for her estranged husband when she discovered that he was mentally deranged, she said she hoped he would get well, not knowing his case was hereditary.

She also told the court that her last child still lived with her husband, while the other four were living with her mother. She was later advised by the court to get the children to live with her and the matter was adjourned to February 4 for continuation of hearing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/husband-gone-mad-dissolve-marriage-woman-begs-court/
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by speakthetruth: 5:09am On Jan 22, 2015
Must she divorce him especially after 5kids?
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by echobee(f): 5:16am On Jan 22, 2015
speakthetruth:
Must she stay until he kills her? sad

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by TRADELYN: 5:53am On Jan 22, 2015
Hmmm...what a world! lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by madone: 6:01am On Jan 22, 2015
am so scared of marriage.
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by Lilprincey(m): 6:38am On Jan 22, 2015
This thread is for the mad people..check the guy above me *runs out of thread*
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 22, 2015
speakthetruth:

I dnt think you read anything up there or perhaps you dnt understand anything you read.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:08am On Jan 22, 2015
That lady is a LIAR!!
she noticed after her first child....she went on to have four more?
Why didn't she seek treatment for him for 20 Years?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by bukatyne(f): 9:17am On Jan 22, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
That lady is a LIAR!!
she noticed after her first child....she went on to have four more?
Why didn't she seek treatment for him for 20 Years?

@ bolded, not necessarily

@the rest of post: That is the question..

Maybe illiteracy, poverty, superstitions etc. etc.

What are both families saying?
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by Temibassie(f): 9:18am On Jan 22, 2015
madone:
am so scared of marriage.
I quite understand undecided
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:20am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

@ bolded, not necessarily

@the rest of post: That is the question..

Maybe illiteracy, poverty, superstitions etc. etc.

What are both families saying?
I wonder.....two decades with someone ain't no small feat.....
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by bukatyne(f): 9:25am On Jan 22, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
I wonder.....two decades with someone ain't no small feat.....

They might have taken him to churches/mosques, seen someone doing him etc.

20yrs is a lonngggggggggggggggg time, but better late than never

I am not saying this couple should divorce; I would suggest separation (due to violence) while the husband is taken to a psychiatric hospital ASAP.

On a second thougt, if he is in the hospital there is no need for separation (they are already separated grin)
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:30am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

They might have taken him to churches/mosques, seen someone doing him etc.

20yrs is a lonngggggggggggggggg time, but better late than never

I am not saying this couple should divorce; I would suggest separation (due to violence) while the husband is taken to a psychiatric hospital ASAP.

On a second thougt, if he is in the hospital there is no need for separation (they are already separated grin)
Yeah better late than never....
Wish them well grin
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by bukatyne(f): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
Yeah better late than never....
Wish them well grin

Reminds me of ... our husband has gone mad again phrase grin

Funny
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:56am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

Reminds me of ... our husband has gone mad again phrase grin

Funny
Yeahhh....nice novel!!
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by crackhaus: 9:59am On Jan 22, 2015
Cococandy come in here... grin
This woman has been married to him for 20years, so why is it now she wants a divorce?

Wait let me guess, she has met another man and is using this insanity accusation as an excuse to go be with him... yes? gringrin

Cc: Soulglo, Alutacontinua
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by cococandy(f): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
crackhaus:
This woman has been married to him for 20years, so why is it now she wants a divorce?

Wait let me guess, she has met another man and is using this insanity accusation as an excuse to go be with him... yes? gringrin

I truly don't understand how comparison works in your world.
You want to compare a mad man who's been threatening her life whenever he gets sick to a case of wife n step-children misdemeanor issues?

Oga o.
I won't even debate this with you, it is totally meaningless.

@topic: this igando court again?
And this woman played a serious game with her life. 20yrs with someone who kept threatening her? She hoped he would get well.
She's lucky he didn't finally succeed.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by crackhaus: 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:

I truly don't understand how comparison works in your world.
You want to compare a mad man who's been threatening her life whenever he gets sick to a case of wife n step-children misdemeanor issues?

Oga o.
I won't even debate this with you, it is totally meaningless.

@topic: this igando court again?
And this woman played a serious game with her life. 20yrs with someone who kept threatening her? She hoped he would get well.
She's lucky he didn't finally succeed.
Na so...once the comparison is made and the hypocrisy stares one in the face, the next option is to refute the comparison - meaningless indeed gringrin

Is he a mad man, or just gets temporarily insane whenever he gets sick?
Which is it? make up your darn mind grin

Well you obviously don't get it:
You found the excuse of a man accusing his wife of maltreating his step-children ridiculous (which is almost normal with children and step moms) ...but the story of a woman who's been living with a so-called mad man for 20years and still has never been harmed by him in all that time is easily believable, right? cheesy

The comparison is meant to reveal the lapses in your sense of judgement than it is on the story itself - but if your line of thinking on that next topic was anything to go by, why aren't you suggesting that the woman stop making bullshiit excuses considering how she's managed to live with a 'mad man' for twenty long years? gringrin

Cococandy, CONTUNU!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by mutter(f): 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
You see all these lies.
How can someone not know till after the birth of the first child that the man is mad?
How can you leave the youngest child with a " mad! man.
Why the strange question about being married to someone else?

I hope this is not a case of a woman who used Juju or charms on her husband shocked

After all the man said he will only be well if he kills her. So maybe in his state of madness he knows where the sickness is coming from.

Saw a similar case before, the man kept telling people that it was his wife who poisoned him, made him run mad, that was till he became so mad that he could not talk again. In this case too the woman kept him in her house and had another kid for him. Used to hit the man and get him to do so many things for her. The kids called their father by his first name and were hitting him too.
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by soulglo: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
crackhaus:

Simple. The woman is also mentally unstable grin grin grin I mean all those things she described and she still left one of her children with the man? She's demented
Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by crackhaus: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
soulglo:

Simple. The woman is also mentally unstable grin grin grin I mean all those things she described and she still left one of her children with the man? She's demented
cheesycheesy

Interesting twist, wasn't expecting that one grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court by madone: 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
Temibassie:
I quite understand undecided
hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

4 Good Reasons For A Man To Hit A Woman / When Is A Man Responsible? As Single Or Married! / Dear Cynthia, My Son Was Expelled From School For Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.