Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,166 members, 7,852,968 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (248752 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2015
EgusiSoup:

There is nothing like academic excellence in Nigeria. If you think education or masters will land you a good job in Nigeria, then you are reasoning like a sane man in an insane society.
Only GOD can open doors for anyone in Nigeria.
NDDC or no NDDC, Masters or no Masters God is the answer.

I am not talking about nigeria. Am talking about either going to the uk or waiting for next year to study in another country because of the uk govt new immigration rules. in previous posts, some people wish for nddc to delay the scholarship so that they can apply to other countries and i dont buy the idea. Hence my post.

And yes, only God can open doors for anyone.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
LWKM!!! EgusiSoup indeed ONLY GOD IS THE ANSWER!!!

EgusiSoup:

There is nothing like academic excellence in Nigeria. If you think education or masters will land you a good job in Nigeria, then you are reasoning like a sane man in an insane society.

Only GOD can open doors for anyone in Nigeria.
NDDC or no NDDC, Masters or no Masters God is the answer.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
cabayes:
Like play, like play. E don happen
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/183392-group-appeals-to-buhari-not-to-dissolve-nddc-board.html
http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-dissolves-boards-of-federal-parastatals-agencies/
May God help us all

Hmmm. This is strange. Well the M.D was not sacked, but the board dissolved. In the interim, all approvals (hitherto given by the board) will be given by the president through the perm. sec. of the ministry. Judging from President buhari's slow pace, the constitution of a new board will take long. The question now is: will buhari approve overseas scholarships for niger delta indigenes. ...Everything worketh for Good.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
Realman87:

Hmmm. This is strange. Well the M.D was not sacked, but the board dissolved. In the interim, all approvals (hitherto given by the board) will be given by the president through the perm. sec. of the ministry. Judging from President buhari's slow pace, the constitution of a new board will take long. The question now is: will buhari approve overseas scholarships for niger delta indigenes. ...Everything worketh for Good.

Nna mehn........
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
Realman87:

board has been dissolved ur talking overseas scholarship....lol u really think that will be priority now? I think not....
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
cabayes:
Like play, like play. E don happen

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/183392-group-appeals-to-buhari-not-to-dissolve-nddc-board.html

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-dissolves-boards-of-federal-parastatals-agencies/

May God help us all
This is just a ritual excersise every NIGERIAN President carries out to stamp their authority n of course reward people that worked for them.
I remember Jonathan doing thesame (in fact the very week he became acting President) to parastatals boards, heads and ministers. just that he did not sack all, he also relocated some. He also sent Senator Bala Mohammed name to the senate for appointment as minister because he was the one that moved the motion to make him acting President.

Just one phrase, It is wrong.
When has it become a crime to serve your country?
Why do Nigerians always rejoice when people are sacked?
Why are specific reasons not given for the sack of each person?

I think the right thing to do is review everyone's performance indicators individually, sack those that under-performed, keep those that performed. Because It is not possible that they all under-performed, nighter can you guarantee the performance of the new people taking over.

Tomorrow we will blame them for being corrupt, why won't they when their Job is so volatile. things like this encourages corruption. It implies that there is no reward for performance n u don't build a great nation this way. I guess its a crime to be good in the mist of bad people.

Just one final word, the President cannot just sack boards or commissioner, MDs etc, appointed through the approval of the Senate, He has to forward the request to the senate n the reason he wants the person sacked, after which only a two third majority vote by the senate can confirm the persons sack. this includes say INEC, NPC, NJC, etc. NDDC is not included, its board n MD can be sacked at anytime.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
vechris10:
board has been dissolved ur talking overseas scholarship....lol u really think that will be priority now? I think not....

Lol..I think he might want to do last minute favours like the previous MD did before he left office.

The funny thing is that the MD may have not been sacked directly or he hasn't seen the news. Lol

I was watching the same news and seen the MD signing mou with some foreign construction companies to rehabilitate the east west road... undecided
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
@Nuel1647 in other news nimasa head was sacked (name is too long). Are you saying that the likes of nimasa and nddc or not political position ?? I don't think they have any protection from the Senate.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
cabayes:
@Nuel1647 in other news nimasa head was sacked (name is too long). Are you saying that the likes of nimasa and nddc or not political position ?? I don't think they have any protection from the Senate.
NDDC has no protection.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
All hope is not lost. The M.D is still in office. What he needs is the 'approval' of the president to use nddc funds to pursue his programmes, a task previously handled by the board.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ejb061286(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2015
Again, this might be a disguised move to scrape off those parastatals and agencies.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by doziej84: 10:47am On Jul 17, 2015
Does NDDC honor US & Canada admission? who has an idea.

b/cos ive seen middle-tier schools in the US that school fees and board is not more than 13000 dollars for Geology/Geophysics programs.

I don't mind heading there & spend 2 years, b/cos am 200% sure there are more ways to integrate legally into society than the UK.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by johnspurgeon014(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2015
callmeblessed:
NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
(NDDC)
167 ABA ROAD, PORT HARCOURT
NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
2015 POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP

INTRODUCTION

As part of our Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on a Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields. The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:

Engineering
Medical Sciences (M.Sc. Public Health excluded)
Computer Science/Technology
Geology
Geosciences
Environmental Sciences
Agriculture
Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
Project Management
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
a. Member of National Assembly
b. Chairman of the LGA.
First class traditional ruler.
High Court Judge
Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
MODE OF APPLICATION

Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website:
( www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:

Recent passport photograph
Local Government identification letter.
Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
N.Y.S.C Discharge Certificate
Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
( www.nddc.gov.ng )
For further enquiries please contact:
Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Mobile: 08063280649; e-mail: solookpa@yahoo.com

DURATION:
All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday 28th February, 2015

TELL A FRIEND!!!

NEW PROJECT/SEMINAR TOPICS covering RECENT TRENDS and RELEVANT RESEARCH are available!!!

Do you have an approved TOPIC and are in need of MATERIALS/ASSISTANCE to help write on your research paper/PROJECT/SEMINAR

CALL/WHATSAPP: 08034845878

BBM: 2AB903A4

Email: johnspurgeon014@gmail.com

www.datacademia.com
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
dissolvin NDDC board would most likely favour us cos no more slots 4 the corrupt MD & directors and selection is most likely goin 2 be on merit(wit buhari involved). We should note that dissolving the board wil not affect projects like the scholarship scheme cos they are already taken care of in the approved budget so who evr that is taking over wil always work wit the budget that was approved by the senate otherwise it becomes unlawful. For instance say NDDC budget for 2015 is N2Bn, N200Mn out of it may have been mapped out 4 the scholarship. Lastly i see Buhari's presidency as a blessing 2 nigeria there is no way Buhari would scrap NDDC rather he wil want 2 pacify the niger delta region atleast 2 prove his haters/critics(demonic pdp) wrong

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Emasel(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2015
Raywise:
I read and also watched the Nigerian president made list of 33 entourage to journey to d USA? What a waste of national resources equal to corruptions!!! I Now consent to radio Biafra on air in Ghana (nigeria is a zoo). Ur currency in 2007 was 127 naira to 1 Usdollar. Today it doubles dat in 2007. Nigeria is a disgrace to Africa. I ve lost my respect for Nigeria. My prediction: Nigeria will break up soonest!! Imagine, China is now in battle with US over yuan against dollar. The CIA said, 3rd world war is on d verge and d US re prepared already. Nigeria, what is d essence of this ur quest for education abroad? Useless since u finish and come back to change ur evil nation(zoo:radio biafra). Mtchewww!!!!!

Excuse me, we don't need your comments on this thread!

This thread is for information on NDDC Scholarship.

If you are so aggrieved with the corrupt practices happening in Nigeria, you can create a thread in the Politics section and state your grievances and frustrations. I only wonder how a Ghanaian could be more concerned with the affairs of Nigeria than we Nigerians.

PS: Don't derail this thread anymore mr. Raywise

4 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2015
Dis is NDDC thread abeg...to get information regarding NDDC scholarship... pls drop dis buhari biafra thing b4 it degrades to a thread war

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 8:46am On Jul 19, 2015
ethene:
dissolvin NDDC board would most likely favour us cos no more slots 4 the corrupt MD & directors and selection is most likely goin 2 be on merit(wit buhari involved). We should note that dissolving the board wil not affect projects like the scholarship scheme cos they are already taken care of in the approved budget so who evr that is taking over wil always work wit the budget that was approved by the senate otherwise it becomes unlawful. For instance say NDDC budget for 2015 is N2Bn, N200Mn out of it may have been mapped out 4 the scholarship. Lastly i see Buhari's presidency as a blessing 2 nigeria there is no way Buhari would scrap NDDC rather he wil want 2 pacify the niger delta region atleast 2 prove his haters/critics(demonic pdp) wrong
Are u interested in the scholarship or running a propaganda for APC in your region that is 99.9% PDP.

- There is no guarantee that the new people coming in will not have slots too, if that is what the old board use to do, in fact it can be worse. I sense u tried getting one of the slots through the old board n failed, that is why u hate them so much. how can u hate or like people u don't know, it beats my imagination.
-There is no guarantee that it will be by merit now if it wasn't by merit before, in fact the reverse is the case.
-I have not seen any scholar that said they didn't get their scholarship through merit (well those that didn't won't say so)
-Dissolving the board will result in longer delays for the Scholarship n delay is not a good thing.
-Let us not start painting situations here, n start making calculations based on assumption.

No ministers, No boards of Agencies n parastatals, everything goes through perm sec to presidency. The Idea is a reduction in expenses for now, no effort whatsoever to even cushion the naira fall because it would cost money.

I don't see anyone disbursing any money from NDDC approved budget to them right now, even States can't pay workers salary. Well NDDC has other means by which it gets money, so let's be hopeful.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 19, 2015
Raywise:

Buhari blessing to my mother's country? U re a joker! See the type of ppl seeking to study abroad. The same man who swore to make d govt of ur former president ungovernable which should ve landed him in jail for 30 yrs is now an object of eulogy. What a dirge!!! My mom is from yoruba land: ppl who wrote dis way must be from d north bcs according to Radio biafra, they are daft and uneducated unless selected fulanis who ain't nigerians in real sense. Too bad a nation called zoo with monkeys and baboons. Proudly a ghanian!!!!
How easy it is 4 u 2 insult another man's country, too too bad of u. Mind u Ghana is no any bettr than Nigeria so save ur comments & give it 2 ur leaders & ppl for the betterment of ur country since u can't be civil 4 once in makin comments, hw could u call one's country a zoo? Nigeria donated moni 2 ur country in the last petrol fire incidence which ur country has nevr done 2 us; atleast u shud appreciate us 4 that.The insult is too much
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2015
@Nuel 1647 I am not running propaganda 4 any party but what I said is the truth.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2015
ethene:
@Nuel 1647 I am not running propaganda 4 any party but what I said is the truth.
You are, propaganda thrives on rumours, it might true, it might not be true. But more importantly, it doesn't refer to anyone specifically and it is difficult to verify.
It's honesty n courage to admit you dont know when u dont know. it's evil to spread propaganda.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2015
ethene:

How easy it is 4 u 2 insult another man's country, too too bad of u. Mind u Ghana is no any bettr than Nigeria so save ur comments & give it 2 ur leaders & ppl for the betterment of ur country since u can't be civil 4 once in makin comments, hw could u call one's country a zoo? Nigeria donated moni 2 ur country in the last petrol fire incidence which ur country has nevr done 2 us; atleast u shud appreciate us 4 that.The insult is too much
u just made a huge mistake by replying him. We should all ignore trolls n don't give them audience. They feed from it. Let's remain focused....happy Sunday to u all smiley tongue
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
@ Raywise or what ever your name is, please mind your country's business. Nigeria isn't your country but your father pursued a Nigerian woman & had you (by marriage or prostitution). Please have some respect for your mother.
More so, your written English is poorly constructed, showing that your Ghana's Educational standard is far bellow average... no wonder you left Ghana.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ElDeeVee(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
Mehn i see some bloody hate on this thread undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.