Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea (980 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Diplomat Equatorial Guinea Police Beat Up Mercilessly / Military Coup In Burundi, Pierre Nkurunziza Ousted / Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by boyyyyyyyy(m): 10:37am On Dec 23, 2008
CONAKRY, Guinea – A group calling itself the National Council for Democracy has announced that Guinea's government has been dissolved.

In what appears to be a coup d'etat, a spokesman appeared on TV Tuesday wearing a military uniform and read the statement saying the government, including the constitution, courts and the parliament had been dissolved. He did not state his name or his rank.

The announcement comes just six hours after officials declared the death of Guinea's dictator, Lansana Conte. The constitution calls for the president of the National Assembly to be sworn in as the country's next president.

Do you Pray for the same in Naija
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by ow11(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2008
shouldn't this be on the foreign affairs board?

Finally, one sick tyrant is gone . . . Yar'adua!!! hope your doctors know what they are doing?? I wager Mugabe'll go next!!!
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by Livvvvy(f): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2008
Why are African leaders so greedy, they feel they own power and own it for life. Even with frail health, they dont want to leave power. Thank God for Mr death.

This man ruled for 24 years.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by Lagosboy: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2008
Livvvvy:

Why are African leaders so greedy, they feel they own power and own it for life. Even with frail health, they don't want to leave power. Thank God for Mr death.

This man ruled for 24 years.

sorry i dont think its an african thing but it is a human thing. Power is so sweet anyone that tastes it would not want to let go except an exremely God fearing or moralist. Uncle Tony Blair spent 10 yrs in power and still did not want to go till his party forced him out.

Wonder why all leaders run for 2nd term? Except mandela of Africa?

Kai my sista power sweet o!but d thing we sweet they kill as well
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by Seun(m): 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2008
Who told you the new government is going to be any better than the old one? Thief die, thief take over.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2008
Why are Africans so stupid? Why we do continue to let these psychopaths rule over us while we pacify ourselves with ridiculous thoughts of why we have to as TRUE PATRIOTS?

We need to stop already. All this is simply because WE THE PEOPLE have proven we are a nothing but a bunch of gutless, spineless humans and definitely do not deserve better. Yet another year coming to an end and you count the hot spots around the world today and you will see that most of the same old places in Africa remain on the list. Congo, Somalia, Sudan, Zimbabwe etc… AAARRRGGHH!!! This is shameful.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by vwvw(m): 7:33pm On Dec 23, 2008
lasana conte, abacha mugabe eyadema omar bongo etc, are all sicko psychopaths.what we call democracy in africa is a system or rather a conurbation of banana republics. how can guinea be ploughed back to military rule in the year 2008!!!!!. last time it was Mauritania, tomorrow it will be Zimbabwe because the military has vowed not to allow tsvangirai be commmander in chief, now is the time to act and boot out that beast mugabe. african never seems to learn ,when houphet boigny of ivory coast ruled eternally the west hailed that country as a stable democracy. the man died and the rest is history. ivory coast is deeply divided is forever the brink of civil war.

http://connectafrica.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by bawomolo(m): 12:05am On Dec 24, 2008
The way the colonial powers left African countries in a hurry is partly to blame for this. inexperienced politicians coupled with young raggedy millitary officiers. There should have been a better transition to self rule. The French interfered way too much in the affairs of francophone countries. I think it's time the AU grow some ball or else this cycle would continue.

this conte idiot hid his illness for years.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by 4Play(m): 12:32am On Dec 24, 2008
I believe Guniea gained independence as a result of a referendum, hence, it was the people's choice. So much for vox populi, vox Dei.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by lucabrasi(m): 2:04am On Dec 24, 2008
paper tigers and internet revolutioaries grin grin
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by tpia: 2:24am On Dec 24, 2008
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by Kobojunkie: 4:47am On Dec 24, 2008
tpia:

Considering the fact that you're always blindly up in arms anytime a religious leader is in the spotlight, protecting "them" from scrutiny and criticism, your post is quite ironic. The "touch not my anointed" brigade.

Talk about the log in your own eye and the speck in other people's.

Never been up in arms anytime a religious leader is in the spotlight. What has religion to do with any of this? Don't bother to answer cause I know you are full of it. Spare me!! Are you sure you have had your meds today? Cause you are doing it again!
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by tpia: 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Never been up in arms anytime a religious leader is in the spotlight. What has religion to do with any of this? Don't bother to answer cause I know you are full of it. Spare me!! Are you sure you have had your meds today? Cause you are doing it again!

its either you have a sieve as memory, or you're a boldfaced liar.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by princekevo(m): 7:33am On Dec 26, 2008
The funny thing is that useless thieves that called themselves National council for democracy said it will take them a whole 2years to come up with an election where as the constitution stated that election should be conducted within 60days. By their name you shall know them.When a military criminal form a national council for democrazy. Wht is democratic about military? A-F-R-I-C-A.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by sleekp1: 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Why are Africans so stupid?
I woulda thought you have the answer, considering you exhibit it more than anybody on nairaland.
Re: Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea by romeo(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2008
sleek_p:

I woulda thought you have the answer, considering you exhibit it more than anybody on nairaland.

ROFLMAO!!!! cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Kenya - A Ticking Timebomb / Deporting All Of America's Illegal Immigrants Would Cost A Whopping $285 Billion / Israeli Jails: Torture & Humiliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.