Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? (41887 Views)

"Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) / My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast / ''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by mcmukoko12(m): 3:34am On Jan 24, 2015
Zz
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Thinkr(m): 3:36am On Jan 24, 2015
Use am cook egusi soup.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 24, 2015
helphelp:
I've been wondering what to do with my wife's placenta since it will be given to me(so I heard) after she delivers.

I will appreciate your kind advices.

I've heard some bury it

Some cook and eat

Some just dispose

Waiting on your responses

Kim kardashain ate hers uncooked,just to look younger... Why not try it as well

1 Like

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 24, 2015
Nigerians and foolish superstitions.why will a useless bloody placenta leave the hospital?see how these people spread infections.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by james1(m): 3:42am On Jan 24, 2015
Take it to a secret place and bury it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Ojugunrege(f): 3:45am On Jan 24, 2015
i suggest u just bury it if u have a compound. or let the hospital dispose of it if u dont mind.
for our 2 children, we let the hospitals take care of it.
btw, its the baby's placenta not ur wife's.....lol

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by trendy01(f): 3:47am On Jan 24, 2015
Bury it in ur compound
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Raxxye(m): 3:58am On Jan 24, 2015
For my village, na near plaintain tree dem dey bury am o.
I remember when my elder bro had his first son in the city, he had to emabalm the umbilical cord until the time he was travelling to the village, when he took it along for burial! I don't understand the theory behind the superstitious practice!
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by fabulous01(m): 4:11am On Jan 24, 2015
Pray over it cos it has spiritual implication over the child........then look for a cool soil, dig like a feet den bury it inside....make sure u re not watched/monitor.....let not dog smell it or eat........cos it a negative effect on d child.......just do d needfu cos ur dad did same to protect ur future........ Welcome to d world Nairaland baby......wa dogbo wa digba in Jesus name.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by fabulous01(m): 4:13am On Jan 24, 2015
Ojugunrege:
i suggest u just bury it if u have a compound. or let the hospital dispose of it if u dont mind.
for our 2 children, we let the hospitals take care of it.
btw, its the baby's placenta not ur wife's.....lol

Dat kud be dangerous practice.......trust no one except u r a prayer warrior.....
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by hari4rel: 4:15am On Jan 24, 2015
Burry it. If not take it to the market and sell undecided

1 Like

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Burger01(m): 4:16am On Jan 24, 2015
Good to know I'm gonna bury it and not eat it...
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by rezzy: 4:31am On Jan 24, 2015
Bury it
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by merits(m): 4:37am On Jan 24, 2015
bury it in a swampy area.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Ojugunrege(f): 4:41am On Jan 24, 2015
fabulous01:

Dat kud be dangerous practice.......trust no one except u r a prayer warrior.....
we had absolutely no cause to be suspicious or alarmed. the hospitals we use are very reputable ones with standard disposal systems.
besides, we had nowhere to bury them...we live in a rented apartment.
i think the less superstitious u are, the better in these matters. it is well!

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Blackheritage: 4:49am On Jan 24, 2015
helphelp:
I've been wondering what to do with my wife's placenta since it will be given to me(so I heard) after she delivers.

I will appreciate your kind advices.

I've heard some bury it

Some cook and eat

Some just dispose

Waiting on your responses
Lol.... Who told you cook n eat? To d best of my knowledge traditionally by an adult.It is dangerous to anyone who eats d baby plancenta & d child it self.I've about burying it. Even throwing it away is dangerous too cos if a dog eats it too, they say d child will be flirting around neighbourhood which can cos a disgrace to d family. And don't let any bad one see where u want to bury it because it can be used for evil too against d child.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by 9jatatafo(m): 5:04am On Jan 24, 2015
When a woman delivered a baby, the placenta is handed over to the father of the baby, from what I know the best bet in our Africa culture is to bury it in a place only known to the father. Make sure no one should see you when buring it as we live in a very dangerous and demonic world in Africa as I heard it is a good source of money rituals (blood money). Even my doctor said I should bury my baby's own so I did as instructed in a very secretive place. I was always checking the place I buried it to make sure it wasn't exhumed by human or dogs. Do we have cord bank in Nigeria? Just asking though.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by QueenfsWorld(f): 5:07am On Jan 24, 2015
Bury it , pray on d soil bfor u do that though .but be very careful that no one sees u wen u r burying it .
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by 9jatatafo(m): 5:09am On Jan 24, 2015
hari4rel:
Burry it. If not take it to the market and sell undecided

Don't just believe what some fellow NLanders are saying as regards cooking the placenta and eating it, it is never done. We are not cannibals. The best way to dispose off the placenta is to get it buried in a very secretive place where no one except you the father knows. If your wife should ask, you can point to where you buried it.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Akon419(m): 5:11am On Jan 24, 2015
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by demmyguy(m): 5:16am On Jan 24, 2015
best way is use it to cook vegetable soup for ur wife only grin
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Juzzybabe(f): 5:17am On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:
Op where did you hear cook and eat? shocked
As irritating as it is,I have read of it. a man in Canada proudly boast of it.can't say much. *irritated*
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by DOD1: 5:26am On Jan 24, 2015
delishpot:

Cord blood is a sample of blood taken from a newborn baby's umbilical cord. It is a rich source of stem cells, which have been used in the treatment of over 80 diseases,[1] including leukemia, lymphoma and anemia. The most common disease category has been leukemia. The next largest group is inherited diseases (of red blood cells, the immune system and certain metabolic abnormalities.) Patients with lymphoma, myelodysplasia and severe aplastic anemia have also been successfully transplanted with cord blood.[citation needed] Parents may choose to bank their newborn's cord blood against the possibility that it will be useful in the future, should the child or a related family member fall victim to a disease that is treatable by cord blood stem cells.[citation needed]

Cord blood is collected from the umbilical cord vein attached to the placenta after the umbilical cord has been detached from the newborn.[2] Cord blood is collected because it contains stem cells, including hematopoietic cells, which can be used to treat hematopoietic and genetic disorders. One unit of cord blood generally lacks stem cells in a quantity sufficient to treat an adult patient. The placenta is a much better source of stem cells since it contains up to ten times more than cord blood.[3] Some placental blood may be returned to the neonatal circulation if the umbilical cord is not prematurely clamped.[4] According to Eileen K. Hutton, PhD, and Eman S. Hassan, MBBch, cord clamping should be delayed a minimum of two minutes to prevent anemia over the first three months of life and enriching iron stores and ferritin levels for as long as 6 months. (Ref. "Late vs Early Clamping of the Umbilical Cord in Full-term Neonates," JAMA, March 21, 2007) If the umbilical cord is not clamped, and it is not during an extended-delayed cord clamping protocol, a physiological postnatal occlusion occurs upon interaction with cold air, when the internal gelatinous substance, called Wharton's jelly, swells around the umbilical artery and veins.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by s3nn2x(m): 5:29am On Jan 24, 2015
Under no condition should you bury the placenta or throw it away. I am talking from a Christian perspective. The one way to dispose it is to burn it. Pour dusting power on the placenta, and it would dry the blood, after that, pour petrol on it and born it, make sure you born it to ashes. Also make sure you handle the placenta by yourself. Don't trust anyone, not even your mother in law.....

3 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Juzzybabe(f): 5:31am On Jan 24, 2015
I won't advice u leave yours in the hospital o,we live in a funny African society full of wickedness,I Learnt that is the life of the child,very precious to that baby,so take it home n secretly bury it.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by ryom(m): 5:38am On Jan 24, 2015
Burying is probably the most effective way of disposal if you're in Nigeria. In the West they have disposal facility although the cosmetic industry often request them to use in body creams.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by zzybaby: 5:49am On Jan 24, 2015
Throw it inside suck-away if u hv any........

1 Like

Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by killercute16(m): 5:50am On Jan 24, 2015
delishpot:

Cord blood is a sample of blood taken from a newborn baby's umbilical cord. It is a rich source of stem cells, which have been used in the treatment of over 80 diseases,[1] including leukemia, lymphoma and anemia. The most common disease category has been leukemia. The next largest group is inherited diseases (of red blood cells, the immune system and certain metabolic abnormalities.) Patients with lymphoma, myelodysplasia and severe aplastic anemia have also been successfully transplanted with cord blood.[citation needed] Parents may choose to bank their newborn's cord blood against the possibility that it will be useful in the future, should the child or a related family member fall victim to a disease that is treatable by cord blood stem cells.[citation needed]

Cord blood is collected from the umbilical cord vein attached to the placenta after the umbilical cord has been detached from the newborn.[2] Cord blood is collected because it contains stem cells, including hematopoietic cells, which can be used to treat hematopoietic and genetic disorders. One unit of cord blood generally lacks stem cells in a quantity sufficient to treat an adult patient. The placenta is a much better source of stem cells since it contains up to ten times more than cord blood.[3] Some placental blood may be returned to the neonatal circulation if the umbilical cord is not prematurely clamped.[4] According to Eileen K. Hutton, PhD, and Eman S. Hassan, MBBch, cord clamping should be delayed a minimum of two minutes to prevent anemia over the first three months of life and enriching iron stores and ferritin levels for as long as 6 months. (Ref. "Late vs Early Clamping of the Umbilical Cord in Full-term Neonates," JAMA, March 21, 2007) If the umbilical cord is not clamped, and it is not during an extended-delayed cord clamping protocol, a physiological postnatal occlusion occurs upon interaction with cold air, when the internal gelatinous substance, called Wharton's jelly, swells around the umbilical artery and veins.
This is wow!!
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by nopecin(m): 5:53am On Jan 24, 2015
9ja with there mentality, any way for saudi here the no go give u that rubbish.
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by Olafeyeni: 5:57am On Jan 24, 2015
]Bury it where people are not watching
Re: What To Do With My Wife's Placenta????? by yehmi01(m): 5:57am On Jan 24, 2015
You can ask the hospital how to dispose of it, but never leave it with them or any one.

And you bury if it make sure its in a location that is not close to dogs.

My folks told me to put my sons own in a clay pot and make Sure its well closed and then bury it. The covering will not allow the dogs or any animal smell and come dig it out.

You can still ask elders around you. But don't give that stuff to any one for any reason. May be your parents sha in case to also help out. Because here in Africa what people can do with it is mind blowing so be careful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

24-Year-Old Lady Who Survived Breast Cancer Shares Her Story & Photos / Why Are People Still Smoking After Reading This? (Pictures) / Top 10 State With The Highest HIV Rate In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.