Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Help Needed Asap - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Needed Asap (1013 Views)

Help Needed Asap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed Asap by GlitzPrincess(f): 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
I need help asap I am a british citizen and my fiance is a nigerian. We have been together for 5 years and for private reasons he is unable to come back to the UK. What are our options here? Advice would be appreciated
Re: Help Needed Asap by aceblaizer: 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
dunno much but I guess you can invite him if youvare in UK except he was deported
Re: Help Needed Asap by GlitzPrincess(f): 11:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
Dunno but he was told he can't come back for 10 years. Have no idea what to do
Re: Help Needed Asap by tdayof(m): 12:49am On Jan 23, 2015
GlitzPrincess:
Dunno but he was told he can't come back for 10 years Have no idea what to do
Ban
Re: Help Needed Asap by zeezahbee(f): 1:22am On Jan 23, 2015
You need to investigate that fiancé of yours. Saying 10 years means a ban and it could also mean something else. Ask him why 10years so you can know how to help him.
Re: Help Needed Asap by worry359(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2015
GlitzPrincess:
I need help asap I am a british citizen and my fiance is a nigerian. We have been together for 5 years and for private reasons he is unable to come back to the UK. What are our options here? Advice would be appreciated

He has ten year ban from UK.
You can spend years in and out of court, paying large sums of money to lawyers to try to get around this.
You can go to live in Nigeria.
You can both go to another country that he can gain entry to and live there.

Or you can find another man without so many problems. shocked
Re: Help Needed Asap by justwise(m): 8:30am On Jan 23, 2015
GlitzPrincess:

zeezahbee:
You need to investigate that fiancé of yours. Saying 10 years means a ban and it could also mean something else. Ask him why 10years so you can know how to help him.

zeezahbee is right, your fiance need to tell you the truth about his offense.

10years ban can be overturned through marriage but you need to know exactly what he did.

Do you have kids together?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Asap by GlitzPrincess(f): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2015
No he overstayed on his visa in the UK and cos we were already engaged and he wouldn't go back voluntarily they stuck a 10 year
On him
Re: Help Needed Asap by justwise(m): 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
GlitzPrincess:
No he overstayed on his visa in the UK and cos we were already engaged and he wouldn't go back voluntarily they stuck a 10 year
On him

How long ago was that? Did you travel to Nigeria to get married to him?
Re: Help Needed Asap by Funjosh(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
What is private in it, you need advice and you are holding information lipsrsealed
Re: Help Needed Asap by zeezahbee(f): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
GlitzPrincess:
On him
They told him to leave but he didn't. He decided to stay an illegal immigrant and Now he's back in Nigeria. It will really take lot of efforts to get him back in UK legally
Re: Help Needed Asap by claremont(m): 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
If you, as a Brit, travels to an EU country to exercise treaty rites by working and/or schooling for a couple of months, I'm sure you can apply for him to come meet you over there. When both of you get married in an EU country (outside the UK), you can then both travel to the UK and he shouldn't be denied entry. You can do some research on this route.

My 2p, I could be horribly wrong.
Re: Help Needed Asap by GlitzPrincess(f): 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
justwise:

How long ago was that? Did you travel to Nigeria to get married to him?

He was sent back in November 2014. Nope haven't had chance yet :-(
Re: Help Needed Asap by GlitzPrincess(f): 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
claremont:
If you, as a Brit, travels to an EU country to exercise treaty rites by working and/or schooling for a couple of months, I'm sure you can apply for him to come meet you over there. When both of you get married in an EU country (outside the UK), you can then both travel to the UK and he shouldn't be denied entry. You can do some research on this route.

My 2p, I could be horribly wrong.

Thankyou I do like this idea but how would I go about getting a visa for NIgeria and what would I need to do? He was already in detention when they told him to leave and he said no and applied for leave to remain after but was refused

(1) (Reply)

An Igbo guy Killed In Malaysia / Ranking The World's Busiest Airports / 5 Lagos Street Food Combo That Taste Better Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.