Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,496 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland (1469 Views)

New Technology: The "Everlasting" Notebook / Nigerian Science/technology / 25 Worst Earthquakes In History(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland by Blakjewelry(m): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
I have been wondering why is it that the science and technology section of nairaland is so full of crap. It is the only section on nairaland were nonsensical thread not related to science is being posted. Topic ranging from leak videos, stupid adverts, scam adverts and all sort of nonsense. It is becoming too much so I decided check the profile of both mod mod, they are both active in the family, romance and TV and fashion corner. So mod if you guys cannot sanitize this section please select someone who can. There are alot techy guys here let them handle things.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
The health section also needs at least ten moderators. The influx of chinese spam from 04:00 - 12:00 daily is appalling and I can't imagine only handful of mods able to curtail it.

1 Like

Re: Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland by Blakjewelry(m): 12:30am On Jan 23, 2015
charix:
The health section also needs at least ten moderators. The influx of chinese spam from 04:00 - 12:00 daily is appalling and I can't imagine only handful of mods able to curtail it.
The truth is most of mods are not serious, I bet they are on the politics section fighting against gej or gmb, or maybe they are on the romance section flirting. The truth nairaland is a reflection of Nigeria, we run over religion, gossips, and pursue art and culture at the expense of science. Next when they see a white man bring out a new stuff they marvel like it's from mars

3 Likes

Re: Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 25, 2015
charix:
1 million likes!!! Health section is riddled with spam and that's my favorite section, it's very annoying smh
Re: Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland by Blakjewelry(m): 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
isotonic:
1 million likes!!! Health section is riddled with spam and that's my favorite section, it's very annoying smh
Maybe it is about time we start organizing elections to vote in or vote out non performing mods. Pls anybody who knows seun should inform him
Re: Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Maybe it is about time we start organizing elections to vote in or vote out non performing mods. Pls anybody who knows seun should inform him
The admin is only a human being and can't do everything, he can't divide himself into 12000 pieces to satisfy all our needs, I actually feel sorry for him. I blame the mods who agree to do a job they know they can't do but yet won't give up so someone else can do it. At this point, I've chosen to make peace with the spam so I can enjoy my time on the forum, we just have to make peace with the things we can't change and move on.
Re: Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland by Obinoscopy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
Thanks guys. Your complaints has been duly noted.

(1)

How To Increase The Lenght Of Your Joystick / Secrets Of How To Invent Things / MTN Blackberry Is Back And Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.