Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,621 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). (944 Views)

Atheists, Think About These Things Before You Blame God / What Does It Mean That The Dead Know Nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5)? / is Easter Biblical and Christians who don't celebrate Easter: what do they know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by Sennard(m): 1:35am On Jan 23, 2015
An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned
to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike
up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total
stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God,
or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask
you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same
stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns
out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence,
thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which
the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss
God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know shit?"
And then she went back to reading her book

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by blemon44(m): 1:47am On Jan 23, 2015
@op where did you get this

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by PastorOluT(m): 6:49am On Jan 23, 2015
Smiles

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by Areaboy2(m): 7:00am On Jan 23, 2015
Ummmm.. I'm not quite sure how this is directed to atheists alone...

Same can be applied to everyone, the religious and the non religious.

Frankly, no one is qualified to discuss the concept of God and consequently, no one has sole right on accuracy. Lets just enjoy what we see here on earth and treat ourselves better.

The god humans worship is a case of democracy (by the people of the people and for the people). Man made god into what he would like and it's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by timmy2409(m): 7:07am On Jan 23, 2015
Well as long as we all agree that a comprehensive knowledge of bullshyt is required to discuss God and the afterlife

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by davien(m): 7:48am On Jan 23, 2015
This is the best you can come up with? anecdotal tales of "once in a...."? grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by Sennard(m): 9:36am On Jan 23, 2015
U claim people dnt knw anything about God.No, i big NO. I want to tell it to you clearLY dat we knw the God we serve.though u wouldn't believe because u always demand explanations that u cannot understand nd u wouldn't probably understand till divine intervention in ur lives.so it's as simple as until u humbly submit nd willingly listen without sentiment. Without these i'm afraid atheists can never get it...............

1 Like

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by Mcowubaba: 11:04am On Jan 23, 2015
lol
Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by CrazyMan(m): 11:12am On Jan 23, 2015
PastorOluT:
Smiles
Same here

1 Like

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by davien(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
A theist was seated next to an atheist girl on an airplane and he
turned
The little atheist girl, who had just started to read her book(The God delusion), replied to the
total
"Oh, I don't know," said the theist. "How about why there is God,Heaven and Hell, or life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
you a question first. The sun,you and a car,all use energy to maintain their respective internal processes but each give off different things...the sun gives off UV radiation,you give off CO2+water and heat and cars give off CO,why is that?
The theist, visibly surprised by the little atheist girl's intelligence,
the little atheist girl replies, "Do you really feel knowledgeable to discuss
"God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death", when you don't know how physics or reality works?"
And then she went back to reading her book... smiley

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by NoContract(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2015
We might never know. Not in our lifetime anyway. The Plague razed Europe long enough before there were improvements in medicine.

The trick is to enjoy life. Shun hypocrisy and do to others exactly the same way you want to be treated.

Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Your beliefs does not make you a good person, your behavior does.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by Hiswordxray(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
davien:
A theist was seated next to an atheist girl on an airplane and he
turned
The little atheist girl, who had just started to read her book(The God delusion), replied to the
total
"Oh, I don't know," said the theist. "How about why there is God,Heaven and Hell, or life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
you a question first. The sun,you and a car,all use energy to maintain their respective internal processes but each give off different things...the sun gives off UV radiation,you give off CO2+water and heat and cars give off CO,why is that?
The theist, visibly surprised by the little atheist girl's intelligence,
the little atheist girl replies, "Do you really feel knowledgeable to discuss
"God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death", when you don't know how physics or reality works?"
And then she went back to reading her book... smiley
This is smart, I like it.
Re: Atheists Think They Know Things, But They Know Nothing (must Read). by davien(m): 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:

This is smart, I like it.
Thanks...

(1) (Reply)

Truth Your Pastor Will Never Tell You! / BEWARE!!! Few Things, Which Might Lead Nairalander's To Hell. / VIDEO: TB Joshua Predicted ‘MH370′ Plane Parts Discovery In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.