Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,648 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Nigerian Who Once Stood With Ad Looking For A Job Now Hiring For His Coy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Who Once Stood With Ad Looking For A Job Now Hiring For His Coy (677 Views)

Passion: The First Quality To Look Out For When Hiring For Your New Business / 11 Brands In The World That Stood The Test Of Time / Meet Obi Okeke, Nigerian Who Provides Floyd Mayweather With His Luxury Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Who Once Stood With Ad Looking For A Job Now Hiring For His Coy by emekauzor(m): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
Remember Alfred Ajani, the young Nigerian who graduated from Conventry University with a 2.1, in a railway station handing out his CV has returned to the same spot to recruit workers to his new company.

He was so sick of applying for jobs he decided to stand out at Waterloo station in London to come face-to-face with city high-flyers

Good thing was he was snapped up by a recruitment firm, and now he's now returned to the same place where he once stood to advertise positions on his team.

He added: 'I didn't want to be back looking for a job again, or standing in the station for a second time, so I'm really pleased with how it has gone.

'The company is expanding and we're looking to take people on to the desk where I'm working so we are now searching for graduates, people in the same position I was last year. We've got around 20 vacancies.

'It feels good to be putting something back and I'm hoping to take the brand to universities over the next year.

'The latest picture has had a good response and I've already been sent some CVs through social media.'

Alfred started work at the Asoria Group in September after a boss at the company saw his Waterloo stunt.

In recognition of his social media fame, colleagues at the firm wore T-shirts with his picture on them to welcome him on his first day. He has since been made the subject of a short film by youth channel Million Youth Media.

source: http://www.ezeuzoma.com/2015/01/23/nigerian-stood-ad-looking-job-now-hiring-coy/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who Once Stood With Ad Looking For A Job Now Hiring For His Coy by TRADELYN: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
grin
Never Give Up!
Re: Nigerian Who Once Stood With Ad Looking For A Job Now Hiring For His Coy by emekauzor(m): 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
TRADELYN:
grin
Never Give Up!

Yeah thats the spirit , Never give Up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who Once Stood With Ad Looking For A Job Now Hiring For His Coy by julioralph(m): 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
Brilliant guy.
Its so good to see Nigerians getting in the news for positive reasons, unlike those who go about pushing drugs and stabbing people in and around london.
Re: Nigerian Who Once Stood With Ad Looking For A Job Now Hiring For His Coy by newacca: 5:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
Big ups. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Who Once Stood With Ad Looking For A Job Now Hiring For His Coy by EnterPRO: 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
thought it was Covenant University at first.

that would have been more surprising.

(1) (Reply)

Wealth Cash System: Discover How You Can Make $3000 Per Week / Who Should Make Buhari's Cabinet / How To Become A Customer Care Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.