Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

How Do I Get Into Pwc? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Get Into Pwc? (1831 Views)

Junior Economists (internal Firm Service) At Pricewaterhousecooper (pwc) / PWC Graduate Recruitment 2016 / See What PWC, KPMG, Nigerian Breweries, And Deloitte Pays. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Into Pwc? by stint(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
I am fresh graduate with practically no work experience. As God will have it, I have gotten an invite to write PWC online shl test. My main problem is not the test. Am fairly confident ill pass it. Its the interviews and everything that comes next that scares me. How will i convince the interviewers to hire me with no experience. I have recently lost an entry level job at access bank cos i wasnt just making sense, even to myself, bad day. Another day, might have Aced it. Yet i know ill be really good at this job. I am on reserve right now, my savings is exhausted, if i dont get this pwc, i might have to look for a school to start teaching indices and logarithm. Even getting tfare to such work will require divine provision assuming i get employed to teach. I am writing this hoping someone can figure out how ive been fucking it up or give some good advise. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by unofficial(m): 10:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
Its in your head........its called desperation!!!! It saps you gradually and reduces you to nothing....just let confidence back in.

You sound like a pretty learned person, and if you've been able to successfully convey your thoughts here, you shouldn't have a problem with an interview; unless, of course, fear and desperation are introduced.....find a way to work around those two things and you'll be good.

And just don't be soooo sure of passing that pwc test yet!!! Its okay to fear that one (test) smiley grin wink

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by 234GT(m): 7:43am On Jan 24, 2015
From personal experience, when going for an interview, you must be relaxed. You must not remember the needs the job will meet when you finally get it because that will put you under pressure.
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by ednut1(m): 9:11am On Jan 24, 2015
bro its about luck favour nd perception. got my current job by jst being honest in d interview . i said a lot of rubbish dat made no sense as u put it. i left der angry nd frustrated. bt dey still called me. nd pwc recruitment process last for about 4 months
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by samilo88(m): 9:14am On Jan 24, 2015
Try reading up some nice books about successful interviewing. Like an earlier poster said, the first step to successful interviews is confidence and confidence only comes after adequate preparation. you can pm me, I ll send you some nice books that would help you ace interviews.
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by stint(m): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2015
unofficial:
Its in your head........its called desperation!!!! It saps you gradually and reduces you to nothing....just let confidence back in.

You sound like a pretty learned person, and if you've been able to successfully convey your thoughts here, you shouldn't have a problem with an interview; unless, of course, fear and desperation are introduced.....find a way to work around those two things and you'll be good.

And just don't be soooo sure of passing that pwc test yet!!! Its okay to fear that one (test) smiley grin wink
Thanks, i think you are right. Its somehow desperation that puts me under pressure. Really need the job. I will learn to relax more. The job will take 4 months to get self like someone said. Ill concentrate on the test for now. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by stint(m): 10:25am On Jan 24, 2015
234GT:
From personal experience, when going for an interview, you must be relaxed. You must not remember the needs the job will meet when you finally get it because that will put you under pressure.

Thanks for your advise. Another problen is an quite sensitive, always busy in my head. When am kept waiting, it somehow saps my energy, and before I know it, my mind starts running 20 miles per hour. And the more am busy in my brain, the less i am able to properly respond to my environment and interview question!!!

Wow writing this out really helps me see things in better light.

What do you think about the lack of work experience.
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by stint(m): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2015
ednut1:
bro its about luck favour nd perception. got my current job by jst being honest in d interview . i said a lot of rubbish dat made no sense as u put it. i left der angry nd frustrated. bt dey still called me. nd pwc recruitment process last for about 4 months
Thank you sir, four months of waiting is really something. Let me concentrate on the aptitude test first and go from there. I have another interview with aiico insurance, ive done it before and passed, didnt go because of the fact that its marketing and its either commision or 40k. Now am being sent another invite from another branch of same company. I think i should do it, it will give me something to talk about at pwc interview. Its just the waka waka plus i am not sure the job suits my personality.
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by stint(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2015
samilo88:
Try reading up some nice books about successful interviewing. Like an earlier poster said, the first step to successful interviews is confidence and confidence only comes after adequate preparation. you can pm me, I ll send you some nice books that would help you ace interviews.
Thanks, ill send you a pm right away. Please just forward as many materials that u believe will help.
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by habinccigroup: 10:26am On May 07, 2021
Congratulations to those who have received the mail for the PWC SHL proctored online assessment

The proctored test is a new development, which started during the verification for the last recruitment and it will be a strictly monitored test.

We have good news for you! We have a total solution that will ensure you pass the test and scale through to the next level.

We will be with you virtually (undetected & invisible) on the day of your test, and guide you to guaranteed success.

The test will run from 7th-12th, and we have limited slots available.

Hurry! Contact us now!
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by qanda: 3:00pm On May 07, 2021
Download PwC Job Test Past Questions and Answers from Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Playstore.
Download Q and A App from Google Playstore
Re: How Do I Get Into Pwc? by habinccigroup: 11:36am On May 10, 2021
habinccigroup:
Congratulations to those who have received the mail for the PWC SHL proctored online assessment

The proctored test is a new developiment, which started during the verification for the last recruitment and it will be a strictly monitored test.

We have good news for you! We have a total solution that will ensure you pass the test and scale through to the next level.

We will be with you virtually (undetected & invisible) on the day of your test, and guide you to guaranteed success.

The test will run from 7th-12th, and we have limited slots available.

Hurry! Contact us now!

May 12th is almost here, many have successfully taken the test with us these past days.

Don't delay any longer. Give yourself a better chance of gaining a very good and fruitful employment with PWC.

Call today, Hurry now!

(1) (Reply)

How Much Salary For Afrexim Bank And Afdb As An Assitant Manager / Andersen In Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program 2024 / First Bank Of Nigeria Plc 2011 Graduate Recruitment Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.