Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar (39990 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by abbey621(m): 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
obiscolly:

How's that any different from what Nigeria's facing? I'm not an economist but from common sense if you claim russia's economy began declining due to falling export of natural gas, one can safely deduce what's happening is no surprise since the US stopped buying our crude cos of their shale. This has nothing to do with government policy in this case, in my opinion.

Your opinion is flawed! A right thinking government builds bi lateral relations with other countries, they don't destroy it and jeopardize the future of the nation. Nigeria depends largely on oil and investments from other counries, our economic policies are terrible right now and it's only a joker that won't be able to see how a weak Naira is directly related to the government.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by obiscolly(m): 10:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
abbey621:

Your opinion is flawed! A right thinking government builds bi lateral relations with other countries, they don't destroy it and jeopardize the future of the nation. Nigeria depends largely on oil and investments from other counries, our economic policies are terrible right now and it's only a joker that won't be able to see how a weak Naira is directly related to the government.
U've just been talking grammar. I don't see a single reasonable point you made. Terrible economic policies lead to our economy growing by 7% last year? Nigeria has no bi lateral relations with other countries? Lol..Perhaps you should give an example of a relationship that was destroyed. I guess your dictator APShit candidate wd do better after all, after making enemies with most western states like he did before?

Get some rest bro, I'm done with you.

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Staffingzone: 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
Why don't we encourage Nigerian abroad to start sending dollars into Nigerian economy. I mean collect the transfer money in dollar instead of naira. we need dollar in circulation right?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by 989900: 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
Welcome inflation. Thank you our leaders.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by abbey621(m): 11:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
obiscolly:

U've just been talking grammar. I don't see a single reasonable point you made. Terrible economic policies lead to our economy growing by 7% last year? Nigeria has no bi lateral relations with other countries? Lol..Perhaps you should give an example of a relationship that was destroyed. I guess your dictator APShit candidate wd do better after all, after making enemies with most western states like he did before?

Get some rest bro, I'm done with you.

I don't even have to say anything, you've just exposed your ignorance.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by ArcToyin(m): 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
carik:
This is serious
really serious
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
its high time i bought lots of dollars and keep, so that i can change it when it gets higher!
Have you heard about money laundering? You just describe it!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Swizdoe(m): 12:13am On Jan 25, 2015
tommykiwi:
Is GEJ now the CBN governor? Everything is being caused by Jonathan abi? Have U heard dat GEJ works with the CBN? Please U guys should FREE my humble PRESIDO! Is not everything U must mention his name OK!

I can see that you are just as daft and clueless as your so called humble presido.
Does the Cbn governor elected himself by himself or by gej. Besides the cbn governor must report to the office of the president since he is working for them. Same way you guys said we should not blame him for the immigration scam as if the ministry that organized the sham is not part of his government.
Last Bullet: It takes more than humility to rule a nation. Why can't gej's humility keep the naira from falling or stop the killings in the NE and a successful immigration recruitment exercise
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Swizdoe(m): 12:18am On Jan 25, 2015
raymond284:
Even those dt are willing to study abroad is gon'n find it difficult... I hate dis country wit passion

Na this one dey pain me pass...... Serious parents and their wards that are not ready to wait for the useless government in power has been dealt a huge blow especially the struggling ones that have set a plan for the year.
When we said that our economy was only blossoming on paper, they tagged us as enemies of progress but now breeze don blow fowl nyansh don open
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by cococandy(f): 12:29am On Jan 25, 2015
Totally agree
bushdoc9919:
Yes....the benefits of an oil dependent society....a valueless currency!

Modified at 10.48 am

I keep on saying this...Nigeria has to forget about oil...and go into manufacturing. We may not see the beenfits now...but we will see it in the future. If we had continued on the path of manufacturing....we could have had a higher GDP...and more revenues...and a stronger currency.

But the problem with Nigerians is that they prefer stomach infrastructure things. So, govt has to find quick money to share...and yes...oil money is the answer.

But it has been used to hide the fact that we are a poor country. We do not have enough resources. And countries that do not have lots of resources do either of two things...invest in industrial and technical development(like China, Korea, Finland, Germany, etc)...or forever remain aid dependent.

It may sound like I am building castles in the sky when I say Nigeria can become industrialsed....but the fact is we have high unemployment...and we have a growing population....and the resources are few. Industrial development will provide jobs for many....and resources for welfare projects.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by ogbonoeba: 1:20am On Jan 25, 2015
Staffingzone:
Why don't we encourage Nigerian abroad to start sending dollars into Nigerian economy. I mean collect the transfer money in dollar instead of naira. we need dollar in circulation right?

I'm not sending a single dollar to Nigeria angry
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by obodop: 1:30am On Jan 25, 2015
You should be ashamed for saying that naira should depreciate further for personal interest

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Babygal4eva(f): 1:32am On Jan 25, 2015
My bathroom toilet handle don break o whose fault GEJ of course

My streets gutter hasn't been cleaned since my grandfather was born whose fault is it? GEJ of course.

My hair saloon woman increased the price of braiding hai GEJ why na.

smh this man don suffer for una hand, how exactly can you blame him for the decline he is over-seeing the whole country whilst thinking up ways to rig the election... sorry I mean win fairly.

The one to blame is the CBN governor for relying solely on our foreign reserves to balance the value and now that our reserves are running low he doesn't know what to do again, should GEJ be the new CBN gov too as well as president? or he should look tell the CBN gov how to do his job that he knows nothing about? some people don't just think before they talk, I actually hope that GMB wins at this point just to say I told you so in 4yrs time to all his supporters.

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by twosquare(m): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2015
Babygal4eva:

My streets gutter hasn't been cleaned since my grandfather was born whose fault is it? GEJ of course.

smh this man don suffer for una hand, how exactly can you blame him for the decline he is over-seeing the whole country whilst thinking up ways to rig the election... sorry I mean win fairly.

The one to blame is the CBN governor for relying solely on our foreign reserves to balance the value and now that our reserves are running low he doesn't know what to do again, should GEJ be the new CBN gov too as well as president? or he should look tell the CBN gov how to do his job that he knows nothing about? some people don't just think before they talk, I actually hope that GMB wins at this point just to say I told you so in 4yrs time to all his supporters.
even if he wins and fumbled, they will still find a way to explain away his failures.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by yomi007k(m): 9:18am On Jan 25, 2015
chronique:
Nigerians prefer foreign made clothes to locally made ones of same quality,

Nigerians prefer foreign made shoes to locally made ones of same quality,

Nigerians prefer foreign made cars to locally made ones,

Nigerians prefer foreign made furnitures to locally made ones of same quality,

Nigerians prefer foreign made drugs to locally made ones of same quality,

Nigerians prefer foreign made vegetable oil and butter,to locally made ones of same quality,

Nigerians prefer foreign grown rice and flour,to locally made ones of same quality,

Nigerians prefer foreign made bedsheet,plates and cooking utensils,to locally made ones of same quality...

Nigerians prefer anything that is foreign made,to the ones that are locally made and when govt tries to place a ban on these items,they kick against it. Yet they keep blaming govt for the weak currency. How do you guys want to have a strong currency,when you spend nearly all your forex in funding importation? Everybody wants to go into the business of importing cos it's easier to make quick and big gains this way. At the end of the day,we end up blowing away our forex and this in turn affects the reserves as we would need to keep using our reserves to defend the naira. What type of magic are we expecting?

How many of you would boldly buy a Nigerian made shirt,when there's a gucci in the same store? Until we learn to support indigeneous companies and stop all these unnecessary importation,we'd keep having a weak currency. Look at the auto industry. It's gotten so bad that almost everybody is now an importer or a car dealer. People just buy all manner of junks and ship into naija. Yahoo boys with stolen funds can buy a car and ship into naija with a landing cost of 5m and sell same car for 3m. That automatically runs down business for a genuine importer who worked hard for his money or took loan to invest in the business.

Until we decide to be patriotic enough to support and develop our home grown businesses,we wouldn't go anywhere. All these years,we've been actively developing economies of other nations,to the detriment of our own.
I like this guy.
Keep getting money brov

2 Likes

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by naijasaints: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2015
Babygal4eva:

He sacked Sanusi and hurriedly appointed Emefiele,so we blame him for everything.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by nairabacks(f): 11:54am On Jan 25, 2015
naijasaints:
He sacked Sanusi and hurriedly appointed Emefiele,so we blame him for everything.

Emefiele found that there's not much foreign reserve to defend the naira with, due to his corrupt employer's habits.
He's also decided to take what he can while he's there.
He knows he can't be an effective CBN governor with the mess on ground, so why bother ? The naira can go to hell.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Lovexme(m): 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
IVORY2009:

bros, maga don pay?

I'm not one of you guys.

1 Like

Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Lovexme(m): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
nikpet2:
Chaii millions just pass you by cry

Well I'm always here in case you change your mind cheesy

There are many ways to earn millions, bro. wink
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by IVORY2009(m): 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
Lovexme:

I'm not one of you guys.

Bros talk truth, I can help u do cash out :d :d
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Lovexme(m): 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
IVORY2009:

Bros talk truth, I can help u do cash out :d :d

If I had wanted to, I would have a long time ago.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by yomi007k(m): 12:46am On Jan 26, 2015
Lovexme:

There are many ways to earn millions, bro. wink
Gimme examples?
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by seyibal20: 1:22am On Jan 26, 2015
I have been a member of nairaland for a long time and i have only posted or created a thread once in the past (you can confirm if there's a way to). I come here daily (more like an addiction) like any other person and I have benefited 1 way or another from the forum. I found this great program and decided to share also; However I don't know where else to post this,so am just going to put it here. Please carefully read below and make sure you understand it. If any question,feel free to ask as I am availabe to answer them all. Best of luck !!!!!!!!

Please remember to use the link below for registration.

==================================

Welcome to a wonderful Advertising Marketing Matrix Program.

It's a very simple Autopilot Advertising Marketing System that Makes cool money for you from simple Free Advertising.

Please don't miss out on this FABULOUS and simple program.
If you believe you have seen it all...

It was designed with an unbeatable rate of spillunder & spillover forced Matrix formula, and will prove to you
how it is possible to earn up to $124,949 by investing only $0.69!

This Program pays you instantly and directly to your Paypal, Paysza or PerfectMoney accounts!
Make a wise decision NOW!

ONLY $0.69 to join! NO RISK!

It's a direct pay system and You are GUARANTEED TO MAKE A PROFIT FROM FIRST DAY!
We will NOT STOP making you money even if YOU STOP!
It works! It pays instantly and it pays FOREVER!
Visit the website link below and join right now:

Join Now : http://www.cashfeeder.net/?seyionline

Regards
OLU
seyionline@gmail.com
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by Lovexme(m): 6:47am On Jan 26, 2015
yomi007k:

Gimme examples?

We all know, so I won't indulge you. Adios!
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by yomi007k(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2015
Lovexme:

We all know, so I won't indulge you. Adios!
We don't all know.
Re: Value Of Naira Falls; Now 208 Naira To One Dollar by kennyamusan(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
tommykiwi:
U be BIG MUGU!
sorry oooo,truth hurts,the thing pain you ga sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nafdac Registration And Requirenments(3) / Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please / 800 Nigerians Sponsored By Dangote To Study Refinery Operations In India. PICS..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.