Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates (821 Views)

Dino Melaye In ABU To Collect His Certificate (Photos) / Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by dealeh: 7:48am On Jan 24, 2015
http://www.zoomnaija.com/2015/01/24/buhari-certificate-saga-nigerians-rush-to-schools-to-collect-certificates/

There are thousands of unclaimed certificates in the custody of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), an official of the council has said.

According to this official (who preferred not to be named because he was not authorised to speak with the press), WAEC has printed certificates up to November/December 2013.

“Many of us are guilty of this. Take me, for example. I did my own exam in 1983. But it was only last year that I collected my certificate. As I have told you, all certificates up to November/December 2013 are ready for collection. I am sure those for May/June 2014 are either ready now or will be very soon,” he said.

Reports from states across the country also indicated that in the aftermath of the controversy surrounding the school certificate of General Muhammadu Buhari, All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, schools have started receiving requests for hitherto unclaimed certificates.

In some schools visited by Saturday Tribune in Lagos, Oyo and Osun states, it was learnt that in the last one week, there had been an unusual increase in the number of old people either turning up personally or sending proxies to collect their certificates.

A senior newspaper editor based in Lagos, who did not want her name mentioned, confirmed to Saturday Tribune that she sent her sister to Baptist Girls High School, Osogbo, Osun State, to inquire on how she could collect her school certificate which had been with the school since 1983 (32 years ago).

“I never though I would need it because I used the statement of results I got from the school in 1983 for admission into the university. I never really gave it a thought until this Buhari matter came up. I have sent my sister to my alma mater. She met quite a number of others with the same mission there on Thursday. We are required to bring a passport photograph, the statement of result and a letter of authorisation for the proxy to collect it on my behalf,” she told Saturday Tribune on Friday.

In a move to combat the trend of uncollected certificates, the WAEC official told Saturday Tribune that the organisation had said uncollected certificates for November/December General Certificate of Education (O/A Levels), and Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE), private, would, from January 30 this year, attract charges.

A recent statement published by the council was made available to Saturday Tribune on Thursday, in which it advised candidate to come and collect their certificates.

The statement read in parts: “…the council wishes to advise candidates who sat previous diets of the November/December General Certificate of Education Ordinary/Advance Levels (GCE O/A Levels), and Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) (Private) who have not collected their certificates to do so at WAEC zonal, branch or satellite offices not later than Friday, 30th January, 2015.

“Candidates who fail to collect their certificates after that date may be charged an extra fee for the custody of the certificates.”

The notice also emphasised that certificates up to November / December 2013 are ready for collection at schools and WAEC offices.

“Certificates up to May/June 2013 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), conducted by WAEC, have been printed and dispatched to schools for collection by candidates. In addition, certificates up to November/December 2013 WASSCE (Private) have also been printed and are awaiting collection by candidates at WAEC offices nationwide.

“Candidates for May/June examination diets are advised to collect their certificates from their former schools, while those for November/December examination diets are advised to collect their certificates at WAEC zonal, branch or satellite offices in the states where they sat for the examinations.”

When contacted on Friday, the Public Relations officer of WAEC, Lagos Office, Mr Ojijeogu Demianus, said while it was not possible to give the actual figure of the certificates in their custody, they were in their thousands.

“I cannot immediately confirm the total figure because these certificates are distributed among our zonal offices. But, yes, there are thousands of them. Many people wait up to 20 years before they begin to request for these certificates, and that excludes May/June examination certificates, because those ones are left with the schools. What we have with us are the certificates for private candidates, that is, November/December.”
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by BokoHaramm: 7:54am On Jan 24, 2015
Why can't buhari also rush to school and collect his.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by Caseless: 7:56am On Jan 24, 2015
Yeye de smell
I wont go and collect mine. In the event that I lost the ones I have to fire outbreak or, lost them when pdp thugs and security agents decide to ransack my home in the future for belonging to the opposition(this is where I shall remain forever) and take my 'WAYEK'(in pej's voice) away- if in my quest for a political office like buhari and, i'm asked to present it. I shall refer anybody intrested in seeing my result to WAYEK where he/she can easily find out for himself/or herself like buhari did by reffering his detractors to the military board (a rather apt move, I must say). If you are not satisfied with my submission, you can go to court.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by Caseless: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2015
BokoHaramm:
Why can't buhari also rush to school and collect his.
tell ur paymaster to show his.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by PassingShot(m): 7:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Good development. Unfortunately, the PDP pretended not to know that Nigerians are used to using statement of result and they were ready to frustrate the General.

The next thing for PDPeegs is to go to Cambridge to confirm Buhari's certificate.

Idiotas!
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by Kingsimmer(m): 8:05am On Jan 24, 2015
space booked
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by ggrin(f): 8:10am On Jan 24, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by BokoHaramm: 8:12am On Jan 24, 2015
@caseless, Gej result has never been questioned, I think GMB should step down now to avoid Failbuhari heartbreak.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by clevvermind(m): 8:12am On Jan 24, 2015
let me go and collect my own now o. i don't want what happened to buhari to happen to me o. grin
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by Tolexander: 8:17am On Jan 24, 2015
I'm even thinking of requesting for my waec scripts along with the certificate should some people start doubting the authenticity and originality of the certificate.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by egift(m): 8:27am On Jan 24, 2015
Nigerians are collecting it, you never know what some clueless drunkard my start questioning your portfolio.

Come this Valentine, it is Sai Buhari all the way. Change is here to stay. The Zoologist is going home.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by fijiano202(m): 8:29am On Jan 24, 2015
Ok.not interested let my certificate keep packing dust I will collect it later
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by Caseless: 9:56am On Jan 24, 2015
BokoHaramm:
@caseless, Gej result has never been questioned, I think GMB should step down now to avoid Failbuhari heartbreak.
we were told he couldn't finish his phd due to his inability to read , comprehend and write thesis. How about that?
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga: Nigerians Rush To Schools To Collect Certificates by theNetdiva: 10:13am On Jan 24, 2015
FUNNIEST HOUSE OF AJEBO + OUROWNAREA VIDEOS

-----------------------------------

[url] http://fb.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwap10.net%2Fvideo%2Flist%2F3576976&h=pAQENrZQA&enc=AZPWcnoKDcsdN2tRi-qXi4dIgjKIl5vjBU-QEzB4Z9ZhZ81EfxmyQH5ye6ElLNfi8-dLoR8H9p8ddmt2P6v-rEXi3ABIFvaWaDTmb4_TO0eFcnUqvhixHNPhbDwsunzqClR_kp6BjHebPJHvCV56_MOJ&s=1 [/url]

LWTMB

(1) (Reply)

Election Postponement: NSA, DSS And Military Chiefs Commit Treason – Falana / PDP PLOT UNVEILED / APC Thumb Boko Haram #crushbh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.