Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,156 members, 7,845,810 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Whence Cometh This Unprecedented Hate For Goodluck Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whence Cometh This Unprecedented Hate For Goodluck Jonathan? (490 Views)

The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK / The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist / Governor Wike Holds Umbrella For Goodluck Jonathan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whence Cometh This Unprecedented Hate For Goodluck Jonathan? by wo1F(m): 9:15am On Jan 24, 2015
When certain people say that the President Jonathan had not done anything, I often wonder whether we live in the same country.
In the past 4 yrs and 8 months (please disregard the mischievous 6yrs that is been peddled around) he has been President, I have watched the East/West road grow from a footpath to an autobahn, I have seen the transfiguration of the Ore/Benin road from the shrine of tears to the delight of the pilgrim, the Abakaliki/Enugu road, the Vom/Manchock road, Kano/Maiduguri, and so much more! I have seen the trains rumble into life, cars being manufactured, internal consumption of value-added items increasing, port efficiency rising, manufacturing capacity rising, airports are more decent, I am profiting from the agricultural revolution, dams are being built, financial drains via PHCN is no more, INEC is now more efficient and Independent following Mr President’s commitment to strengthening institutions of democracy. Going forward, Police can't just harass people as such, greater participation of Nigerian companies in the oil industry, stable and booming economy, personal economic boom, and so much more...yet some people try to convince me that the President is not working but I'm seeing double!! Seriously?
But I've also seen the failings of this administration too and it hurts; the terrorism in the North East is humiliating for me and I get angry at the President for not arresting some known sponsors and saboteurs. I get angry that he could not be a bit more draconian, I am disappointed that he didn't lock up miscreants like Junaid Mohammed, Ango Abdulahi, El Rufai, Buhari, Sanusi.Lamido, Tinubu, etc and others that had/have been making seditious statements! But again, this President practices the rule of law!! Fuccking good gentleman, Jonathan.
Overall on a sector by sector basis, this has been the best performing administration by a long mile!!
Whence cometh the perceived hate then?
Its multi-faceted:
1. The North wants power by all means as a means of economic control and domination
2. Tinubu (not the West) wants power so as to get his sticky fingers in the national treasure
3. GEJ is not a scion of the old establishment so he doesn't kowtow them
5. He is an upstart who has had the effrontery to open our eyes and make the little man have hope
6. He is doing great things when he had been programmed to fail.
7. Oil Licences are expiring and the President is gonna re-alocate.
8. He has the temerity to be of a 'minority' tribe and the audacity to be a practicing Christian!!!
From these 8 points alone, he is hated by the powerful old establishment, not because he isn't performing but because he isn't one of them!! The level of hate is mind-boggling; a friend told me that a Kaduna indigene said even if GEJ should turn Nigeria to Dubai, he would keep hating him and never vote him!!! That hate is being spread in mosques, the newsprint as controlled by APC, the NASS as corrupted by Tinubu, in the core North as fuelled by ethnic champions!!!
But all the hate doesn't remove from the fact that GEJ is a performing president; it just makes me feel sad as a national to see how hate-based stupidity has blinded us to goodness of man and the destruction of our collective psyche as Nigerians.

No wahala. It is well. Let God's will be done. If it pleases God that the APC should take over power by any means possible and enslave all of us, we are watching. But the truth remains that the problem of Jonathan is he dared the establishment.

Wo1f.
Re: Whence Cometh This Unprecedented Hate For Goodluck Jonathan? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2015
**in oritsejafor's voice**....IT COMETH FROM THE PIT OF HELL!!! angry

On a serious note, I don't just know why people hate this man, I believe GEJ is working. Some set of people just hate the man for no tangible reason. Well, Let us wait and see the outcome of this election.
Re: Whence Cometh This Unprecedented Hate For Goodluck Jonathan? by babaniyen1(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2015
We hate him because he is not fit to rule Nigeria. He has also failed to sorround himself with intelligent people but thives.
Re: Whence Cometh This Unprecedented Hate For Goodluck Jonathan? by etimek: 9:43am On Jan 24, 2015
Who hates this man?
Is he truely a doctor or a DOG-TOR

(1) (Reply)

OPINION: Buhari Is Bad In Terms Of Women Empowerment / Fighter Jets Pound B’haram locations In Monguno / Nigeria Military Warned Before Major Boko Haram Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.