Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje (2509 Views)

Buhari: Why Tinubu Is Better As An Ally Than Opponent / Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye / Why Tinubu Boycotted APC NEC Meeting – Chieftain: The SUN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by idumuose(m): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2015
Why Tinubu is Scared of Jimi Agbaje

24 Jan 2015

Yaya Adeyemi

Jimi Agbaje has always been Bola Tinubu’s worst nightmare. Agbaje’s emergence as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has made the prospect of that nightmare becoming real a distinct probability and Tinubu is now scared, very scared. That explains why he has gone on a paranoid offensive in a futile attempt to prevent Lagosians from voting for a man of honour, pedigree, integrity and courage, virtues which stand Jimi Agbaje in stark contrast with his traducers.

When Jimi Agbaje ran for governorship of Lagos State in 2007, he gave a very strong showing in spite of the fact that he was candidate of a small, largely insignificant party, the DPA. Tinubu has done everything to frustrate Jimi Agbaje’s political career to no avail, and is deeply worried by the fact that Agbaje has retained huge goodwill and indeed expanded same in spite of not occupying any public office. Tinubu fears that Jimi Agbaje is one of the few people who can disrupt his elaborately executed plans since 1999 to transform Lagos into his personal fiefdom and to secure a “majority shareholding” and “Board Chairmanship” in what he conceives to be his “Nigeria Plc” with a dispensable Buhari as nominal CEO and his surrogate as Deputy CEO

Continued....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by idumuose(m): 11:18am On Jan 24, 2015
If Jimi Agbaje wins in Lagos, all that Tinubu believes he has “worked” for will be undermined. Fortunately most citizens and residents of Lagos increasingly recognize that Bola Tinubu’s permanent hegemony is not in their interest. They know that Tinubu has ruled Lagos directly and through proxies for sixteen years and that his design to now install an absolute puppet as stand-in governor for what he envisages as his defacto fifth term, should be prevented if their freedom and welfare is to be protected. They know that Lagos should not become the personal property of one individual and that Jimi Agbaje is the only one who can prevent that evil design.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/why-tinubu-is-scared-of-jimi-agbaje/199941/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by LaurelP(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2015
Gibberish

7 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by idumuose(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2015
Detach Lagos from Tinubu's firm grip and you have succeeded in clipping his wings.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Firefire(m): 11:22am On Jan 24, 2015
Jimi Agbaje remains the only solution to deliver Lagos State from 16 years rule of tinubu

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Kororugged: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2015
Firefire:
Jimi Agbaje remain the only solution to deliver Lagos State from 16 years rule of tinubu

firefire hold your fire. Ejor sir

6 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Bayswater: 11:25am On Jan 24, 2015
This is the end of the road for Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Firefire(m): 11:27am On Jan 24, 2015
Bayswater:
This is the end of the road for Tinubu.

End of road for the criminals

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by tomakint: 11:28am On Jan 24, 2015
I totally concur with the Op, Agbaje is the real deal for Lagos!

7 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2015
So lagosians should vote for Agbaje so that Bode George will now suck lagos dry as the new godfather? Even though I love Jimi agbaje,I will not vote for him because of bode george and his party.

9 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
So lagosians should vote for Agbaje so that Bode George will now suck lagos dry as the new godfather? Even though I love Jimi agbaje,I will not vote for him because of bode george and his party.
na wah o. U dint have a more sensible thing to post abi?

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by baybeeboi: 11:41am On Jan 24, 2015
Tinubu should be replaced.
None of my business though
Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2015
I like this but the problem with Lagosians is simple

A lot of people like agbaje.....

But how many of them are willing to vote PDP?

You guys just like going around in circles. You claim Tinubu is a thief bla bla bla but the question people ask is that did Tinubu bring Fashola? Did Fashola perform well? Yes.

Tinubu brought Ambode, do they trust his judgement again? Yes.

Then Ambode just has the record as a performing public worker.

The end

6 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by LagosBoi2(m): 11:48am On Jan 24, 2015
For those of you who don't know how politics roll in Lagos

NURTW Lagos - Always for Jagaban

Iya Oloja - Jagaban

All ministers and commisioners - Jagaban

Almost all LGAs- Jagaban

All state institutions

Jagaban enjoys a cult following

and ultimately all lagosians who have seen the performance of the APC in Lagos

In Lagos, when Jagaban says yes nobody can say NO

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by adaweezy(m): 11:49am On Jan 24, 2015
see agbaje that is scared of Ambode talk less of Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by dridowu: 11:49am On Jan 24, 2015
Tinubu scared of Jimi Agbaje ? Feb 28 2015 will decide.
One million Jimi Agbaje CANNOT stop Ambode Akinwunmi from being elected as the next gomina of Ipinle Eko.
#itesiwajuiluekoniojemilogu

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by LagosBoi2(m): 11:49am On Jan 24, 2015
A sitting president OBJ did not scare him then, It is some gang up of crooks that will scare him

You need to be a Lagosian to understand why he is called Jagaban

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by adaweezy(m): 11:52am On Jan 24, 2015
tomakint:
I totally concur with the Op, Agbaje is the real deal for Lagos!

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by talktimi(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2015
Mynd44:
I like this but the problem with Lagosians is simple

A lot of people like agbaje.....

But how many of them are willing to vote PDP?

You guys just like going around in circles. You claim Tinubu is a thief bla bla bla but the question people ask is that did Tinubu bring Fashola? Did Fashola perform well? Yes.

Tinubu brought Ambode, do they trust his judgement again? Yes.

Then Ambode just has the record as a performing public worker.

The end
I like the amazing way you shift the goal posts grin continue the good work bro
Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by dridowu: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2015
Firefire:

End of road for the criminals
@bolded, i guess the criminal is Bode George because he has being fine guity and jailed by a law court , though he has being forgiven again by oga at the top due to reason best known to him.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by KanwuliaJara: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2015
Because, TINUBU gets to go to JAIL!!!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by talktimi(m): 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
dridowu:
@bolded, i guess the criminal is Bode George because he has being fine guity and jailed by a law court , though he has being forgiven again by oga at the top due to reason best known to him.
CHAI !!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by integralng: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Even when Obanikoro and others decamped to the PDP enroute to the 2003 Guber elections,Tinubu defeated the PDP.And not now that the APC has 100% senators,100% House of Reps,100% House of Assembly.No commissioners/special advisers decampment.Ambode will get more than 75percent in the Guber election.While Ambode is touring the every nook and cranny of the state,meeting all the voters,telling them what he would do for them,Jimi is meeting journalists and PDP stalwarts telling them how he would reduce the cost of land in Lagos and how Lagos would be like a mere villager if non-lagosians leave Lagos.The reason you feel Lagosians would not vote for Ambode(being stooge to Tinubu),the same reason they would reject Agbaje(because he is a stooge to an Ex-Prisoner Bode George).Sensible Lagos people would rather vote for someone that is an experienced public administrator than voting novice with unverifiable achievements and pedigree.Unfortunately GEJ has compounded the PDP problems because his government has failed to do any project for Lagos people.Did I hear you say TRAIN?Don't go there!The refurbished Locomotive that will cost you 750 naira. Per trip from Agege to Ido Terminal when the BRT bus will cost 150-200.

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:

Politics of Party huh? How can we move forward when we only know how to vote parties and not persons. Wakeup from thy slumber oh youths of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by diportivo: 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
integralng:
Even when Obanikoro and others decamped to the PDP enroute to the 2003 Guber elections,Tinubu defeated the PDP.And not now that the APC has 100% senators,100% House of Reps,100% House of Assembly.No commissioners/special advisers decampment.Ambode will get more than 75percent in the Guber election.While Ambode is touring the every nook and cranny of the state,meeting all the voters,telling them what he would do for them,Jimi is meeting journalists and PDP stalwarts telling them how he would reduce the cost of land in Lagos and how Lagos would be like a mere villager if non-lagosians leave Lagos.The reason you feel Lagosians would not vote for Ambode(being stooge to Tinubu),the same reason they would reject Agbaje(because he is a stooge to an Ex-Prisoner Bode George).Sensible Lagos people would rather vote for someone that is an experienced public administrator than voting novice with unverifiable achievements and pedigree.Unfortunately GEJ has compounded the PDP problems because his government has failed to do any project for Lagos people.Did I hear you say TRAIN?Don't go there!The refurbished Locomotive that will cost you 750 naira. Per trip from Agege to Ido Terminal when the BRT bus will cost 150-200.
well said bro.....well said!!

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by idumuose(m): 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
I will vote for Buhari the day you will post a sensible comment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
idumuose:

I will vote for Buhari the day you will post a sensible comment.
Your vote is insignificant. You have just one vote.
Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Aksonman: 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:

PDP is not like APC where one or two ordinary men become gods and untouchable. While Tinubu is now the universal lord of Lagos, Bode George is just an elder statesman in PDP. Bode George can never become an "oyigi yigi" in a Lagos PDP govt, not when the likes of Obanikoro and other free minded politicians remain with PDP to checkmate him.
PDP has NO godfather regionally or nationally, that is why it's the best political party in Nigeria, most stable, oldest...in spite of all challenges.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Adetula1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
same way i will not vote for Gmb because of tinubu,atiku and rotimi

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
We youths of nowadays are not in anyway progressive. Must we always vote for anyone singlehandedly picked by the so called Tinubu and Bode George? Cant we support a youth who is neutral and has no godfather to represent our interest?
Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by idumuose(m): 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
Your vote is insignificant. You have just one vote.
That's the reason i said you have some loose nuts in your skull.haven't you heard d mantra "one man one vote?"

I repeat,any day you make a sensible comment on nairaland,i will vote for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
idumuose:

That's the reason i said you have some loose nuts in your skull.haven't you heard d mantra "one man one vote?"

I repeat,any day you make a sensible comment on nairaland,i will vote for Buhari.
Your vote is insignificant. Please don't vote for Buhari,I beg you!

Onye ara!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso: Over N20billion Allegedly Missing From Kano Pension Fund / Former Governor Fashola's Son Looks Just Like Him (pics) / I Can’t Be Awolowo,i Can Only Share His Vision-bola Tinubu Replies Pastor Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.