Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign (886 Views)

Documents Counter Nigerian Army Denial Of Planned Deployment Of Troops In Gambia / Breaking News: Nigerian Govt Orders Immediate Withdrawal Of Troops From ND / Nigerians March In Support Of Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by Anasko(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
Thousands of troops and new battle ready
armored tanks were deployed to the streets of
Maiduguri Borno state capital ahead of President
Goodluck Jonathan campaign visit to the city
today.
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK
JAN 24, 2015
Thousands of troops and new battle ready
armored tanks were deployed to the streets of
Maiduguri Borno state capital ahead of President
Goodluck Jonathan campaign visit to the city
today.
Nigerian troops
Thousands of troops were seen from the
Maiduguri airport's Jos road leading to the shut
down of major roads and streets in the city.
Several of the soldiers who appeared well kitted
with brand new rifles were stationed five meters
apart.
The development has made many residents
uneasy as they complain that soldiers have made
it impossible to move around the city making life
more difficult for them.
A journalist, Kolo Dala, told our correspondent
that he suffered a lot before he could reach the
Government House Maiduguri where he was to
meet colleagues because it took him more than
an hour instead of fifteen minutes to get there.
Another resident, Yusuf Usman, said he saw
heavy presence of military and policemen that
looks better kitted and battle-ready which made
him wonder if Mr President could deploy the
troops to fight Boko Haram so as to put an end
to the insurgency that had put Borno state in a
virtual lockdown.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/24/thousands-troops-deployed-maiduguri-ahead-pdp-presidential-campaign-rally
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by x6blade(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
Spreading my u know na grin
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by watered(m): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
I'll be back
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
Now let the bombers and Presidential convoy stoners come and repeat their madness cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by ayuse(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
If this is true then I will join those who say our President has not done enough to stop bh. Why is he militarizing the place bc he wants to campaign? Again and again bh has defeated our military bc most time they engaged bh there was no re-enforcement. But today that the president is going for campaign he remembered he has more military men to guide the street of Maiduguri and certainly after his campaign they will b withrawn. Mr President do the needful, send more well equiped and motivated men to the field so we can quickly end the menace of bh.
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by fuckerholic(m): 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
They node fear ?
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by kayboy4y(m): 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2015
Fear fear President grin

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by ramdris(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
I wish GEJ a safe trip to n fro. But still, Sai Buhari!
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by dotexxxy(m): 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by Dannyset(m): 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
Soldiers with new rifle, right?
Making people to feel uncomfortable, right?
Now Soldiers can be deployed because the president is coming to campaign. To campaign ooo! Now he needs their vote......This life is wicked.
Before now, dis same people mean nothing to him. So many things would judge dis Man. I wish him safe campaign tho.
SAI BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT 2015.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD PROTECT OUR NORTHERNERS.
WE LOVE YOU.
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by bettercreature(m): 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
Thousands of troops who suppose to be fighting boko haram
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by donphilopus: 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
Thousands of troops that couldn't be deployed to Sambisa Forest to rescue the Chibok Girls are in Maiduguri now because the President is going there to campaign. I won't be surprised if we later discover that the number of troops deployed to Maiduguri for this Campaign alone outnumbers the crowd that would be in the campaign ground to hear the clueless one speak.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by Akon419(m): 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
donphilopus:
Thousands of troops that couldn't be deployed to Sambisa Forest to rescue the Chibok Girls are in Maiduguri now because the President is going there to campaign. I won't be surprised if we later discover that the number of troops deployed to Maiduguri for this Campaign alone outnumbers the crowd that would be in the campaign ground to hear the clueless one speak.
yes, president need to protect himself well for your own sake. Stop talking trash
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by donphilopus: 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
Akon419:
yes, president need to protect himself well for your own sake. Stop talking trash

I guess the people of Chibok, Gwoza, Mubi, Baga, Bama, Damboa, Konduga et al are not worthy of protection!
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by obiZEAL(m): 1:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
i'll like to hear his manifesto in Borno....
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by seankafor(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
Some foolish comments above is quite alarming. I guess if a bomb should explode or an attack caried out there some foools will be the first to criticze
Re: Thousands Of Troops Deployed To Maiduguri Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign by Liveair: 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
THIS CONFIRMS TO ME THE IDEA THAT THE PRESIDENCY HAS NEVER BEEN READY TO FIGHT THE INSURGENCY BUT DINES WITH THEIR SPONSORS.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Sue Fani-kayode For Defamation / GEJ ; More Equipments For Military This Week / Summary Of Pvcs Distribution In Nigeria’s Six Geopolitical Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.