Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Distribution Of Pvcs Won’t Affect Our Elections Timeline – Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Distribution Of Pvcs Won’t Affect Our Elections Timeline – Jega (372 Views)

Saraki’s Trial Won’t Affect Ministerial Screening – Senate / Arrest Of Card Reader Company Technicians Won’t Affect Elections, Jega / Three Arrested Over Mass Purchase Of PVCs In Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Distribution Of Pvcs Won’t Affect Our Elections Timeline – Jega by bugs2: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Attahiru Jega, yesterday declared that the electoral commission will stick to the election timetable it released last year, noting that distribution of the Permanent Voters Card (PVC) will not alter the date slated for the elections.

Jega, who stated this at the official launch of the Mitigation Of Violence in Election (MOVE) in Abuja, said the issues of PVC distribution before the election is something the commission will handle before the election dates.

The event was organised by International Foundation For Electoral System (IFES) and other local partners to address issues of election violence before, during and after the elections.

The INEC boss said the commission was prepared “if push comes to shove” to sustain the distribution of PVCs till the eve of elections.

Jega, who was responding to a call by the National Security Adviser (NSA), Col Sambo Dasuki, for the postponement of the election within the timeframe of the electoral law, however said the commission has not discussed possible postponement.

Jega said, “I don’t want to comment on this. Like everybody we read it in the papers. I myself many things have been attributed to me which I know I didn’t say. So until I can confirm and get clarification it will be premature for me at this public event to start saying anything.

Read full Story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/01/distribution-pvcs-wont-affect-elections-timeline-jega/
Re: Distribution Of Pvcs Won’t Affect Our Elections Timeline – Jega by kayboy4y(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
Good Move Baba Jega. #NOtoElection postponement
Re: Distribution Of Pvcs Won’t Affect Our Elections Timeline – Jega by lacasa: 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
They want it postponed out of fear of a landslide defeat by Buhari

Buhari for Change!

(1) (Reply)

A Notice To The General Public / Explain Source Of Your Terrorist Tapes, PDP Tells APC / What El Rufai Told Buhari In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.