Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,363 members, 7,829,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Docs Or Health Workers Help?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Docs Or Health Workers Help?? (843 Views)

Please Help Spiritual Or Health Condition....strange Marks On Body (pics) / Health Workers Flee From Suspected Lassa Fever Patient. / Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
I noticed some kinda swelling on my head some 3days ago.showed my mum and she said it was boil(hope its well spelt).she asked me not to punture it,but i just did.it bled but my sis helped me clean it up.the pain in my head is funny,gotten more swollen and i think a node just got up at d back of my ear..wats all this abt,pls wat do i do cos am home alone with my sis
Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
Pls oh.help! Am getting dizzy gradually pls
Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
No doctors or Nurses on Nl
Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
Um..... Kinda hard to tell if i cant see the mass on your head

Where is it and how do you descibe the wound?

Biggest thing is getting infection on open wound on your head. Dangerous area to get infection.

You may need incision and drainage and proper wound debridement and possibly antibiotics.

In short, head to your nearest ED or A&E or urgent care clinic.

If pain is unbearable, try some pain relief drugs like acetaminophen 625mg prn q4-6 hrs for pain

1 Like

Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
Xiadnat:

Biggest thing is getting infection on open wound on your head. Dangerous area to get infection.

You may need incision and drainage and proper wound debridement and possibly antibiotics.

If pain is unbearable, try some pain relief drugs like acetaminophen 625mg prn q4-6 hrs for pain
its just the surroundings of the boil that has gotten abit enlarged.the pain is bearable and its at the top right side of my head.i think i messed up opening up the
stufff.does boil dry or heal off on its own pls?

There is also a node that just came out at the back of my neck pls
Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ok. Is the wound red & warm to touch?

What is color of discharge from the boil? Is it purulent like pus?

How long has the mass on the neck being there? Is it solid or does it feel fluctuant like fluid inside?

How old are you btw ?
Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
Xiadnat:
Ok. Is the wound red & warm to touch?

What is color of discharge from the boil? Is it purulent like pus?

How long has the mass on the neck being there? Is it solid or does it feel fluctuant like fluid inside?

How old are you btw ?
it brought out few pus but blood too.the wound is red cos i opened it .
Its been there since i opened d(boil) thread to call for help.its solid and very solid.Thank you
Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
AlphaGentleman:
it brought out few pus but blood too.the wound is red cos i opened it .
Its been there since i opened d(boil) thread to call for help.its solid and very solid.Thank you

K. Sounds like a furuncle or a carbuncle- infection of skin/hair folicle.

As long as you dont have fever, chills - cause this would mean its gone systemic and you need oral antibotics.

If not,

Try warm compress- just soak towel in warm water and apply to head. Wash wound with anti bacteria soap or if you can, pick up a topical antibiotic from pharmacy like neosporin ointment.

Do the compress at least 3x/d until swelling and redness goes away. Apply abx onitment or wash head/face/neck with anti bacteria mild soap. This prevents staph infection.

Leave the mass on the neck alone; its prolly same thing.....untill it open on its own then repeat the above treatment.

You may be prone to acne especially if you are stillbery young; and if so, get on acne treatment then

Best
Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
Xiadnat:

K. Sounds like a furuncle or a carbuncle- infection of skin/hair folicle.

As long as you dont have fever, chills - cause this would mean its gone systemic and you need oral antibotics.

If not,

Try warm compress- just soak towel in warm water and apply to head. Wash wound with anti bacteria soap or if you can, pick up a topical antibiotic from pharmacy like neosporin ointment.

Do the compress at least 3x/d until swelling and redness goes away. Apply abx onitment or wash head/face/neck with anti bacteria mild soap. This prevents staph infection.

Leave the mass on the neck alone; its prolly same thing.....untill it open on its own then repeat the above treatment.

You may be prone to acne especially if you are stillbery young; and if so, get on acne treatment then

Best
God bless you sis.Thanks alot.i truly would do this.thanks again
Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
Yea sure. Caution tho: if it doesnt start getting better (or it gets worse) within 3 days and most definitely by 7 to 10 days, you should follow the first reccomendation on this post; That is time for I/D and oral abx.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Docs Or Health Workers Help?? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
Xiadnat:

I'll bow out graciously from any thread you've commented on in this section, you always say it all, maximum respect!! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Please / EMR In Nigeria : Doctor - Patient Health Encounter / How To Stay Fit While Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.