Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,209 members, 7,839,115 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress (16961 Views)

Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump / 15% CRR: Banks Face Increased Competition For Deposits / Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Kingspin(m): 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
YurFatHer:
Chai, see what GEJ has caused.

If you like, dont vote for buhari, you will soon rundown completely.
#saibuhari
Vote wisely and wiser.

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Kingspin(m): 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
YurFatHer:

#saibuhari
Do u have oil in ur house?
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by duni04(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
Gloomy year for the Nigerian economy. Our economy will continue to boom and bust with oil price movement, same as 1979, 1986, 2008 and now 2015.

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by juniormusa(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
AODT:

And can you point to any financial policy or decision made by GEJ that has assisted Nigeria or a pointer that it will help in the long run.
You can't expect a different result if you keep doing the same things.
An old man of 72years of age can't solve Nigeria problems,The APC cabals knw exactly what they are doing. GEJ is trying his best my brother..Ruling Nigeria is not easy...

3 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by zionexcellence: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obatala, Osalobua, Chineke, Olorun, Ifaa, i ve make first page. Remove shirt, trouser and jump into the swiming pool.
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
The only meaninful tin in dis report. . .banks would be forced to record very
significant increase in the non-
performing loans in their books.
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Burger01(m): 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
DickDastardly:
Not to worry, once we "find" it he will wage the falling oil price with his bare hands from further free fall cheesy grin

A proud RED DEVIL grin
+
A diehard saTAN grin
+
An unrepentant TANOID cheesy

Thats who i am cool
Old news. Try harder..
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by DickDastardly(m): 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
Burger01:

Old news. Try harder..
Ok sir grin
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by wordcat(m): 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
That one no concern me
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by KEVIND: 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
babestella:
"I will stabilize crude oil prices".

"I will use the military to stabilize international Crude oil price -Buhari.
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by anonimi: 7:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
kennydee05:
All is well
I just pray it won't affect my friends and acquaintances.

Instead of SIMPLY praying, you better advise, encourage & cajole them into better VALUE creating sectors of our increasingly diversified economy such as rice, cassava, plantain etc agricultural production.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Rilwayne001: 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
I will go for agricultural science angry
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by henryobinna(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
YurFatHer:

#saibuhari
how did GEJ cause this?

is he your past leaderd that refusef to diversify your economy

some of you talk like illiterates.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by macaphan007(m): 7:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
moderatorr1:
Its hitting Russia and Iran hardest . To the extent that the president of Iran said the fall in oil price is being caused by the enemies of his religion...Lol

previously mouthy, Iran has now started negotiating with US.
North Korean president had to travel out of his country for the first time ever, he went to Russia for talks, but they too are in trouble , now he has opened talks with US.

Saudi Arabia is not hurt at all. They have billions of dollars stock piled in reserves over they years. They can last for several more years without selling a single barrel.

Buhari has promised to stabilise this world oil market.

Some people think this fall is caused locally .
Obama fulfilled his promise, America started digging their own oil, and stopped importing. This affected all oil producing states.
Oil full everywhere in the world now berekete. lol
Mehn!you gat me laughing and rolling on the floor,don't how Gen. Buhari would stabilise international oil price,i thank God for the other resources we have now we can focus on diversification,very soon water will be more valuable than oil and i hope the Niger-Delta people will stop intimidating everybody in Nigeria.....

2 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by InvertedHammer: 7:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
Thousands of jobs (17k+) have been lost in the last few months globally. Many more will go.

In the last month alone---

Schlumberger: 9000
Baker Hughes: 7000
Halliburton: 1000 outside USA (Company said that’s just the beginning)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-oil-services-firms-slash-jobs-crude-prices-213743881.html;_ylt=AwrBJR6eBsRUhz8AhRWTmYlQ

If you work for oil companies in Nigeria, the game has changed. Thousands are going to be laid off soon. Don't be caught unprepared. Start investing in other aspects of the economy.
And being Nigeria, today is Saturday. Don't be surprised to get to your office on Monday and you have no more jobs.

One who fails to plan, plans to fail. Working for oil companies may never be the same again.

/

4 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by chigoizie7(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ahmed4002:
Oil slump: Dollar now sells for N208. Jona
might not certainly have control over forces
controlling oil price, but what happen to
diversification. Only a clueless president does
not understand d risk of overdependence on
one sector. Yet he keeps fooling Nigerians
(those who want to be fooled, not me) that he
has made Nigerian economy d largest in
Africa. with this kind of devaluation imagine
how our naira would be in d nxt 3-4 yrs if he's
re-elected. # wewantchange#

Yeah, what happens to diversification? Good question.

What happens to internally generated revenue?
Eg. How much does NEPA realise anually? That alone can take care of our yrs budget.(After taking their 20% maintainance) . What happens to our customs? Only God knows how much they generate there. That alone can take care of nigerians very well. And soo many others sectors, what of the NCC? Let's not talk of NNPC or LNG, what of our excess crude account? I believe it has not been tampered with,unless they have violated section 20 of the nigerian constitution. GEJ should wake up and stop swimming on the low cost of oil. If all those sectors could not account for their sectors then we are doomed for good. Becos this yrs capital expenditures alone cannot be funded with the estimated cost of the low cost of oil of which we aint even sure of selling the so called estimated number of barrels as a result of too much oil in the market and many sellers with few buyers. GEJ seriously has a lot of work to do,as he can't solve dis oil issue alone.

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by sammhi(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
YurFatHer:

#saibuhari

it just shows you never been to school...so GEJ is also responsible for the iran, cuba ,north korea and Russia currency fall ..please use your brains..so the moment GMB enters...naira will become 1:1 abi? I pity your life...
this is even the time not to allow a school cert holder to run affairs of Nigeria.....only in Nigeria do you have such anomaly... I pray GMB gets the presidency and then see his magic... you will eat form dustbin after two years..remba my post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by NovusHomo(m): 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
honeric01:
Mr Mustafa Chike-obi?
Mustafa?

Lol. For real. Lol. grin
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by sammhi(m): 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
chigoizie7:

Yeah, what happens to diversification? Good question.

What happens to internally generated revenue?
Eg. How much does NEPA realise anually? That alone can take care of our yrs budget.(After taking their 20% maintainance) . What happens to our customs? Only God knows how much they generate there. That alone can take care of nigerians very well. And soo many others sectors, what of the NCC? Let's not talk of NNPC or LNG, what of our excess crude account? I believe it has not been tampered with,unless they have violated section 20 of the nigerian constitution. GEJ should wake up and stop swimming on the low cost of oil. If all those sectors could not account for their sectors then we are doomed for good. Becos this yrs capital expenditures alone cannot be funded with the estimated cost of the low cost of oil of which we aint even sure of selling the so called estimated number of barrels as a result of too much oil in the market and

many sellers with few buyers. GEJ seriously has a lot of work to do,as he can't solve dis oil issue alone.

the truth is that 170 million on 4.6 trillion naira with 75% on overhead is a disaster...... Nigeria need to be generating at least 7-8 trillion to have desired impact...774 lga and chairmen, 36 states with ministers and senators etc...to bogus a governance strucuture

2 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
kennydee05:
All is well
I just pray it won't affect my friends and acquaintances.

nigerians and prayers self angry
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by piagetskinner(m): 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
That's what u get from putting all hope in oil,..we need to diversify our economy damn it! Not on paper, but in reality#

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kingspin:
Do u have oil in ur house?

That shows oil will soon become cheap and will no longer dictate our revenue generation... Let's diversify our economy

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by bigtt76(f): 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
LMAO @Bolded grin

moderatorr1:
Its hitting Russia and Iran hardest . To the extent that the president of Iran said the fall in oil price is being caused by the enemies of his religion...Lol

previously mouthy, Iran has now started negotiating with US.
North Korean president had to travel out of his country for the first time ever, he went to Russia for talks, but they too are in trouble , now he has opened talks with US.

Saudi Arabia is not hurt at all. They have billions of dollars stock piled in reserves over they years. They can last for several more years without selling a single barrel.

Buhari has promised to stabilise this world oil market.

Some people think this fall is caused locally .
Obama fulfilled his promise, America started digging their own oil, and stopped importing. This affected all oil producing states.
Oil full everywhere in the world now berekete. lol

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by buJu234: 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
Young men and women instead of us to focus on our survival strategies in the hard times coming ahead 2015

we are busy fighting for GEJ & GMB whom 've moved millions of dollars into foreign accounts to save their families during economical hard times.

Plz start ur personal financial diversification now.
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
InvertedHammer:
Thousands of jobs (17k+) have been lost in the last few months globally. Many more will go.
If you work for oil companies in Nigeria, the game has changed. Thousands are going to be laid off soon. Don't be caught unprepared. Start investing in other aspects of the economy.
And being Nigeria, today is Saturday. Don't be surprised to get to your office on Monday and you have no more jobs.

One who fails to plan, plans to fail. Working for oil companies may never be the same again.

/
Gbam. An economist predicted the price of oil may be permanently between $30-$40/barrel shocked The new "hot cake" could be the gold-mining industry in Nigeria.
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Amhatu(m): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
Every Nigerian can live with their own electricity and clean food info below.

Do not let the evil ones of this world bring us down or worry us with their evil.

Nigeria has All weather favorable conditions than any other country in this world,no need for any Nigerian to starve for food or be in poverty.

Nigeria should be exporting excess food from farming. The liars who tell you farming can not work anymore are absolute ignoramus fools.

The Solutions to Help Nigerians :

Make your own solar cells (Nigeria has every mineral available)

The DIY Solar Panel Guide [Kindle Edition]
Troy Reid (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/DIY-Solar-Panel-Guide-ebook/dp/B00BC037HK/

note: many other books & info available search using "The DIY Solar Panel", "300 Watts DIY Solar - Mono Crystalline Solar Cells"

"DIY Photovoltaic Solar Power"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together Paperback – October 11, 2011
by Sylvia Bernstein (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Aquaponic-Gardening-Step---Step-Vegetables/dp/086571701X/

Digital Kindle Edition :
http://www.amazon.com/Aquaponic-Gardening-Step-Step-Vegetables-ebook/dp/B0065RIJ3W/

Make your own Green house for Aquaponic Farming using Talipia fish to eat & fertilize your green house soil for crops planted & repeat the process.

This also shows how to keep the water clean.

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by birdman(m): 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
pekeyim:
There is Hope for Nigeria, the prices will soon start going up. Becos most of the Shale Oil production will have to stop @ the current rate.
Which will cos increase in demand and reduced supply until it gets to maybe 70 smth or 80 dollars per barrel.

But it may take some time!!!

even at 80 Nigeria is still in trouble
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by elampiro(m): 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
Jenams:
The only meaninful tin in dis report. . .banks would be forced to record very
significant increase in the non-
performing loans in their books.

Are you owing a bank? grin
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by pekeyim: 10:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
birdman:

even at 80 Nigeria is still in trouble

Well @ least we won't be singing Head under water, n I Meant 80 Dollars

That's slightly above the price the budget was pegged @.
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Profkenny1(m): 12:09am On Jan 25, 2015
pekeyim:
There is Hope for Nigeria, the prices will soon start going up. Becos most of the Shale Oil production will have to stop @ the current rate.
Which will cos increase in demand and reduced supply until it gets to maybe 70 smth or 80 dollars per barrel.

True it'll take some time....infact, oil price will further go down within the next 6 months! and it will be like this for at least the next 3 years. It's advantageous for low-income people as the cost to fill tank with gas now is 50% of the original in the US!
Re: Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress by Profkenny1(m): 12:22am On Jan 25, 2015
pekeyim:

Also I don't think shale gas production will stop because it has created thousands of jobs around the world. Presently in the US, it contributes to 46% of the total gas production and it has been projected to increase.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates To N455/$ As External Reserves Hit $30bn / Secrets For Turning A Small Business Into A Big One / Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.