Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria (4757 Views)

Boy Who Scored 147 In UTME Wishes To Study Law. Nigerians React.. / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD / 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Study Law In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by kilmix: 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Yes! This is a counter thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2110940/5-reasons-why-should-not (c) Nollyj.

The reason for opening this thread is simple; to educate people esp. Aspiring lawyers on the need to study law in Nigeria.

1. It is less expensive to study law in Nigeria
Yes dear, studying law abroad is more expensive than studying law in Nigeria. If you doubt me, use your Google.

2. It is easier to gain admission to study law in Nigeria than other countries esp. USA and UK.. in some other countries, you must posses a 1st degree in Law related courses.

3. Nigerian Lawyers are more grounded in Nigerian Legal system, customary laws and the Nigerian constitutional law
This is unarguably the true position as no one will teach you the Nig. Legal system plus our customary laws which are largely unwritten not to talk about the Nigerian Constitution. No way!

4. A foreign lawyer will have to undergo a separate training in the Nigeria Law School call bar part one... My dear, it's not funny. go online and see the amount of failure in the bar part one program.

5. Paying extra fee for the Bar part one program
The above mentioned bar part one program, distinct from bar part two, is not for free as the Nigeria Law School is not a father Christmas.

6. Nigeria trained Law students excel more than the Foreign trained Law students at the Bar part two
The Nigeria Law School organises a program for the general law students called bar part two or bar finals. In the history of Nigeria Law School, just one foreign trained student graduated with a first class degree this past set. Mind you the Nigerian Law School is 51years.

7. Nigerian trained Lawyers adapts to the Nigeria Bar than foreign trained lawyers
Hello! Where were you went I was struggling with ASUU strike and going through hardship to earn good grades here in Naija with our hard hearted lecturers?
My dear, the Nigeria Bar is a different ball game from the study of law itself. You have to go the extra mile to earn your pay. Form "ajebutter" at your own risk, police go use you shine. Lol.

With these few points of mine, I hope I was able to convince not confuse the readers.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by Pzone: 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ok, waiting for the full writeup
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by Truth24(m): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
Counter attack... its allowed!
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by timifizzy(m): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Okay
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by timifizzy(m): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Okay... Iyoku nko o.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by PapiDShipCapt(m): 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
Nairalanders! Enough of 10 reasons this 10 reason that and counter threading. Later we will c this thread making front page.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by kilmix: 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:
Nairalanders! Enough of 10 reasons this 10 reason that and counter threading. Later we will c this thread making front page.
For you, I reduced it to 7... enjoy.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by kilmix: 7:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
Pzone:
Ok, waiting for the full writeup

Complete... enjoy!!!
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by liveyourlife: 11:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Smartness is your PORTION Op!

kindly support http:// with your clicks! Re-imagine education.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by kilmix: 1:17am On Jan 25, 2015
liveyourlife:
Smartness is your PORTION Op!

Thanks grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by obidaddy: 9:05am On Jan 25, 2015
All your argument is based on law school performance between foreign and home groomed lawyers and nothing else. this is a useless counter thread, it's supposed to be titled "why study law in Nigeria". You could not even argue with the op of the first thread ad seriatim. next time argue with cogent counter contents or hold your peace.
No hard feelings, before you mess up a clients brief with passion bereft of sound points. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by promisechild(m): 12:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
This your argument is invalid in my logic/philosophy class we call this type of argument ignoratio elechi.you are not addressing the issue why one should not study law in nigeria.

Back to the main point i think law as a course in Nigeria has lost it. i can not imagine seeing a law student having graduated with 1:4 being mobilized for law school,what sort of lawyer will that one become.student below 3:00 should not be mobilized for law school and this will waken the profession once more but as at now i can not advise my enemy to study law in Nigeria.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by liveyourlife: 1:14am On Jan 27, 2015
Okay
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
How To Cope During Your First Year In School.

The first year in school is always a great one but with the tremendous amount of activities, both the ones that will bring about your success, fun and happiness, and ones that will make you feel bad about yourself and feel the school was not meant for you.

READ MORE https://eduguidehub.com/how-to-cope-during-first-year-in-school/
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Study Law In Nigeria by ConAir(m): 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Dear OP, stop deceiving yourself

Studying law in Nigeria ain't the same as studying abroad.
The course content used years ago is still the same. Little or no effort as been done to update them.

The US and UK paralegal lawyers are more enlightened and exposed than most Nigerian law school graduates.

Our educational system needs to be overhauled.

(1) (Reply)

Is Graduate Certificate The Same As Graduate Diploma? / The Role Of Unity Schools In Nation Building / Caption This Hillarious Photo Of How Freshers Pray When Dey Are Admitted And...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.