Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,535 members, 7,865,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:03 PM

Politics Of The Mouth Degrading Nigeria Ever Since - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of The Mouth Degrading Nigeria Ever Since (377 Views)

How Buhari Shut The Mouth Of ‘blood Suckers’ In Nigeria – Northern Group / Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri / Politics Of The Mouth Degrading Nigeria Ever Since (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics Of The Mouth Degrading Nigeria Ever Since by KUDZ(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
POLITICS OF THE MOUTH DEGRADING NIGERIA EVER SINCE

by KAYODE OLUWASEUN DAVID

Bad and good people want to become leaders in our country. Everyone is desperate for power; even the good ones want to get there by any means. Taking a look at the state of the nation, one can finally deduce that the ratio of good leaders to bad leaders that have ruled us would be around 1:9. A degrading Nigeria has been effectively achieved in every democratic dispense. Every term of leaders has its own bad sides always greater than their good side which has been placing Nigeria on a pedestrian of underdevelopment and retarded growth. A country blessed with immeasurable resources and landscape, one which is envied in other part of the world is on daily basis ending up as a shadow of its real self. Nigerians end up getting hurt emotionally, physically, spiritually, socially, etc. anytime their only power which is their vote goes down the drain, and their hard earned money in form of their taxes are used to empower the powerful in purchase of armored vehicles, flying jets, mansions abroad; and also used by the powerful to fight against the weak. We are always at the receiving end anytime we perform our civic duties of voting and paying taxes. How Ironic?

Now, going into the main point of this article, politicians possess different ideologies of politics. So many agendas, propagandas, etc. are always employed during election and after election to win the hearts of the people. Taking a look at the trend of reigning ideologies, there was a time when political thuggery was on the high side, snatching of ballot boxes was the order of election, duplicating of ballot papers were the effective means of getting the seat. I don’t say these things don’t happen anymore, but all am saying is that it is no more a reigning trend. This now drives down to the reigning political ideology which I tag as “POLITICS OF THE MOUTH”.

Politics of the mouth is a safe way of winning elections deceitfully. Why it is called politics of the mouth is because the mouth is the major tool used in getting power without having to shed blood, or steal ballot boxes, or committing any offence that can land you in an election appeal court. In this article, I am going to point out only two (2) ways out of many in which the mouth can help in winning elections.

Firstly, on the part of the electorates, poverty is a generic feature of this country. I once heard a boy said, ‘’I am a street hawker, I live on what I make, and I do this when my mates are in school studying”. So many Nigerians find it hard to afford a square READ MORE AT:
https://www.humanrefinery./2015/01/24/poltics-of-the-mouth-degrading-nigeria-ever-since/

Re: Politics Of The Mouth Degrading Nigeria Ever Since by godsamist: 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
My question is ,when will nigerians ever wake up..We have often been deceived for so long and is too long,one sects after another reaping us raw.
When will nigerians ever come together,be courageous enough to wrestle out this country from political enterprenuers?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Militants Attacking Maiduguri Since Last Night-sahara Reporters / Nigerians.......please Help Me With This Poll. / To Reinforce Their 'soaked In Blood' Message, APC Now Parading A Baboon Dressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.