Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Pastor Tunde Bakare Exposes Gen. Buhari & Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare Exposes Gen. Buhari & Others (1131 Views)

Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip / Abba Kyari, Aisha Buhari, Others Bleed Nigeria High Commission In London - SR / El-Rufai At Later Rain Assembly Church. Pictured With Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Exposes Gen. Buhari & Others by okpoewa(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE EXPOSES GEN. BUHARI & OTHERS
I have been hearing people say that Buhari is this, Buhari is not that, Buhari is not this and so on and I wonder why they cannot even use their head. The gen. Buhari I know is a very well wired military operative. He is an effective operation hand in everything that the elite “Militarianism” represents and of course a contemporary representation of the concept of “Generalismo” of the ancient “Militarianism”. This is how he has been able to keep his head above water level so far. These skills of his were effectively used in 2011 to almost sweep the entire nation to his favour. First, one must know that the General may be clueless about many things but not entirely so about how to come about want he wants. You will understand what I mean by this as we progress. You see, in the build up to the general elections in 2011 when President Jonathan was the acting president. Obviously, everybody new that it was going to be a bit difficult to defeat Goodluck Jonathan at the polls but the fear was whether the Northern Nigeria which boasts of over fifty per cent of the voting power of the entire citizenry of the nation would permit so and what role the ever controversial southwest would tow. Thus, to achieve success over Jonathan the General came up with the idea of a North/Southwest political union to crush the intruding South-South candidacy. But since most of the political elements in the southwest were either graft celebrities as far as the masses were concerned or incompatible characters nay suitors as far as the northern region was concerned he decided to consulted his thinking caps who to come up with someone of impeccable character that the masses would easily identify with and one who was not or less a politician so that they wouldn’t have political problems in running the campaign and administration should they emerge victorious. And the first class candidate for this was no one else other than Pastor Tunde Bakare. It was believed that as a pastor and famous Christian figure so many Christians would happily identify with the team especially for his then frequent pro mass cries. In order to do so scouts had to investigate the person of the people’s pastor, what he likes, what he distastes and so on. After gathering these information about him the general’s camp quickly arranged dramatis personae, plots and settings woo the pastor’s heart. Some of his close confidants were very helpful in this arrangement setting up meetings and calls to achieve the feat. Some of those players are in PDP today and some in APC either contesting for one position or campaigning for another and some have chosen recess. Now, you will agree with me that there’s nothing that men of God appreciate more than respect for them and piousness. To this effect, the General and everyone around him put up the strong cleric veneration air around them. On one of those days, knowing that the pastor would want to gather side impressions of the labelled “Tzar” for himself as they go by the general deliberately arranged for his driver to have a quiet session with the man of God by making him drive the man of God to Mallam Nasir El-rufai’s house during one of their visits to Kaduna at which the driver stole a moment to request Pastor Bakare to pray for him. In response, the man of God sincerely informed him that he couldn’t pray Islamic prayer because he was a Muslim but now a Pastor and enquired of him if he wanted him to pray for him in the name of Jesus and the man replied “Sir, I’m a Christian and I’ve been driving General Buhari for 10 years.” The man of God was enamoured. However, question arising from here would be “why did the pastor conclude that the man was a Muslim, could it have been his general presumption or could it be because of the man’s mien?” If so, it would mean that the General’s Islamic disposition very likely may have achieved that. Secondly, “how come pastor failed to observe that the question he asked the man didn’t require him tendering his working experience with the general except unless his entreaty for prayers was a controlled script.” Remember, this happened before he’d accepted to be the General’s running mate. The next episode was the one that happened after the cleric had been successfully wooed to accept the call to be Buhari’s running mate. The pastor on one of his Youtube interviews reveals that he went to see the General at his hotel suite at Transcorp Hotels and Suites according to him as soon as he got there the door was open for him and the two private guards that were there said to him “Daddy, you’re welcome”. Thrilled that only Christians would greet a Pastor like that he enquired and he was told that they called him Daddy because he was their pastor’s spiritual father. Oh Lord!, the Pastor’s mind was blown beyond proportion at the non-fundamentalist nature of his party flag bearer. Alas! he failed to notice the blunder. Was it coincidence that the two guards were of one congregation? If my guess is right they couldn’t have been members of very big congregations like The Redeemed Christian Church Of Good, Living Faith Church (Winners Chapel), DeeperLife Bible Church, Mountain Of Fire, Christ Embassy, Synagogue Church Of All Nations as well as any Catholic or Orthodox congregation because none of these can ordinarily be his son. Come to think of it, how many guards chat with guests? Guarding a General cum presidential candidate is a very serious business! Then came the London visit Act when the pastor went to see the General who decided to pull some ruse by telling him they had three things in common being that they were both the last child of their fathers, they were one of the only surviving two children of their fathers and that their fathers had a multitude of children. Instead of the pastor taking clue of the fact that he’d been well researched he rather perceived it with all sincerity as a more reasonable ground to see the General in a saintly impression. To him the General picked him because he was looking for someone with absolute integrity who believed in one Nigeria and was of younger generation. These and more have been viral on the internet in writings and videos with the intension to show that Pastor Tunde Bakare endorses Buhari on principles of political purity et al but on close look one will see that the cleric has rather helped reveal how he was wooed by political orchestrations into the web of scoffers which he himself admits to label him as ambitious for which reason he chose not to be active this season unbeknownst to him it is rather the belief of the new reich that his iconoclastic socio-religious celebrity status is no longer as viable a political tool as pulling a cleric from the most populated Pentecostal congregation in Nigeria if not africa whom apart from being a very dear son to the head pastor is also a political son of the political leader of the southwest whom for obvious reasons betrayed them last time by allowing his own bloc of the opposition split votes.
Now, while the pastor demurs calling them as they are he however proverbially regrets
“…When I decided to go to CPC, I looked at the integrity of General Buhari. And I still believe, up to this moment, that Buhari is a man of honour, virtue and integrity. And I have wished he could be an independent candidate, but he has to function in a political party…
I just pray that there will be no hangers-on that will begin to tamper with his integrity, because, after all, one tree does not make a forest.
If you are not planting the seed and watering it, in no time, the rod of the wicked could come upon the righteous and the righteous will have no choice but to put their hands into iniquity. God forbid, I pray that does not happen to him.
It is better for him to stand tall and stand erect for the rest of his life than get compromised by men of easy virtue.
I wish he could contest as independent candidate in the 2015 general election. Apparently, there is no room for it either in the constitution or our electoral act.”

But, the truth being that these lots can always do anything and pretend to be anything in their desperation for power shift which they have for the woo of the unsuspecting masses christened “change”
@OKPOEWA

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Exposes Gen. Buhari & Others by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
When was this interview? God bless President GEJ.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cow Designed With APC Logo ( Pic) / We Want Change Or There Are Two Things Involved / Catholic Bishop Of Abia State Most Rev V.V Ezeonyia Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.