Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,762 members, 7,862,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:06 PM

Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic (2544 Views)

Dino Melaye’s Bachelor Of Arts Certificate Is Fake - ABU Speaks / PDP Reacts To Justice Okon's Ruling, Says Jegede Is Authentic PDP Candidate / PDP Tenders Evidence Buhari's Certificate Is Forged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by Dunamis009: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2015
FOLLOWING speculations in some quarters that President Goodluck Jonathan did not complete his doctorate degree programme at the University of Port Harcourt, the institution has come out in his defence.

But the Uniport Deputy Registrar (Information), Dr. William Wodi, explained that apart from acquiring his first degree in the institution, Jonathan also got his Masters and Ph.D in the same institution.

Wodi, in a statement sent to SUNDAY PUNCH via electronic mail, described the rumour about the President’s educational qualification as baseless.

The deputy registrar of the university specifically stated that Jonathan was among 422 students that matriculated in the school in 1977 and was admitted in the Department of Zoology, which had been renamed Animal and Environmental Science.

“The authorities of the University of Port Harcourt are aware of rumours that are now spreading like harmattan fire over the doctoral degree status of President Goodluck Jonathan. The allegations have neither legs nor grounds to stand on and we hope that its purveyors will now rest in silence.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the authorities of the University wish to state without equivocation that Mr. Goodluck Jonathan, as he then was, was among 422 students, who matriculated in 1977. He was admitted into the then Department of Zoology, now Animal and Environmental Biology in the then School of Biological Sciences, now a Faculty in the new College of Natural and Applied Sciences.

“At the end of a successful residency period, Jonathan was awarded the Bachelor of Science (Upper Division) in 1981. It was rumoured among students that the young university was reluctant to award the First Class to its pioneer class in an effort to consolidate its academic profile,” Wodi said.

He said the President later enrolled into the postgraduate programme and obtained the Master of Science degree in Hydrobiology and Fisheries in 1985 and crowned his academic pursuit in the University with the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Zoology in 1995.

He said, “From the above account, it has become obvious that Dr. Jonathan successfully completed the prescribed courses and programmes as specified by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt to earn his degrees from the university.”

Stressing that the university remains proud of Jonathan, Wodi advised any person or organisations in need of further information on the educational qualification of the President or any other student of the institution to contact authorities of the university.

“We have absolutely nothing to hide as an institution that has a statutory mandate to advance the frontiers of knowledge,” Wodi added.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 10:36am On Jan 25, 2015
Before attaining a PHD degree, you must complete your PHD thesis, where is GEJ own?
This thesis is usually published for all to read and make reference to.......where is GEJ's own
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by Nctrice(m): 10:43am On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:
Before attaining a PHD degree, you must complete your PHD thesis, where is GEJ own?
This thesis is usually published for all to read and make reference to.......where is GEJ's own
are you referring this question to the Vice Chancellor of an institution like the University of Port-Hacourt! As if you would even be able to read the thesis if you see it sef!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by afanide: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

You go ask the school Authorities!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by blackCITIZEN(m): 11:07am On Jan 25, 2015
kk
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by Blackfire(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2015
GEJ maybe manythings in your political mind,but he is not PHD-less
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by PhockPhockMan: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:
Dr Williams Wodi encourage people like you to come to Uniport for all enquiries about Jonathan's educational qualifications.
Stop making noise here.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 11:54am On Jan 25, 2015
Nctrice:
are you referring this question to the Vice Chancellor of an institution like the University of Port-Hacourt! As if you would even be able to read the thesis if you see it sef!
z
I have a B.ENG in Civil Engineering, Would start my MSc on Structures in a few months time.......
I doubt if someone with my Qualifications would have issues reading and understanding a thesis in Zoology
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Dr Williams Wodi encourage people like you to come to Uniport for all enquiries about Jonathan's educational qualifications.
Stop making noise here.
i am not talking of his Bsc or Msc, am talking of the fact that his PHD thesis is not online like other PHD holders......u can google any phd holders thesis and get his publication online,,,,,,,so tell me where is GEJ PHD thesis?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
afanide:

You go ask the school Authorities!
i am not talking of his Bsc or Msc, am talking of the fact that his PHD thesis is not online like other PHD holders......u can google any phd holders thesis and get his publication online,,,,,,,so tell me where is GEJ PHD thesis?
That school is a scam, they have a history of graduating false BSC holders, there was a case a while back of people with BSC from uniport who coldnt spell there names,,,,,,
And the very fact Patience Jonathan graduated from Uniport proves my point
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by tonytony208(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

you are asking the wrong people. Shèbí you know who is supposed to publish theses(es)? I suggest you go ask the person. And if you feel it is a lie, go and sue gej for perjury. If not, KEEP QUIET FOR EVER. While you are at it, ask buhari too for his waec examination number.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by PhockPhockMan: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

Do lack of thesis nullify his phd?
Just asking.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by tonytony208(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

That school is a scam, they have a history of graduating false BSC holders, there was a case a while back of people with BSC from uniport who coldnt spell there names,,,,,,
And the very fact Patience Jonathan graduated from Uniport proves my point

i won't doubt what you wrote in your comment; some schools can actually award fake B.ENG and even admit such fake students for Masters degree in Structures. That's why some of them can't differentiate btw "there" and "their".

Which schl sold your B.ENG to you?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by Nctrice(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:
z
I have a B.ENG in Civil Engineering, Would start my MSc on Structures in a few months time.......
I doubt if someone with my Qualifications would have issues reading and understanding a thesis in Zoology
and what if after rounding up your Msc by God's grace, and somebody opens his or her mouth in front of you and say "for you to have an MSC on structure you must first have a B.ENG so show us the project you wrote that got you your B.ENG!

On the scale of 0 to 10 how sane would you say that person is?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by chiomashine: 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
Even at that, with or without his PhD, GEJ is over qualified because he is done with his masters, others na jare

Dunamis009:
FOLLOWING speculations in some quarters that President Goodluck Jonathan did not complete his doctorate degree programme at the University of Port Harcourt, the institution has come out in his defence.

But the Uniport Deputy Registrar (Information), Dr. William Wodi, explained that apart from acquiring his first degree in the institution, Jonathan also got his Masters and Ph.D in the same institution.

Wodi, in a statement sent to SUNDAY PUNCH via electronic mail, described the rumour about the President’s educational qualification as baseless.

The deputy registrar of the university specifically stated that Jonathan was among 422 students that matriculated in the school in 1977 and was admitted in the Department of Zoology, which had been renamed Animal and Environmental Science.

“The authorities of the University of Port Harcourt are aware of rumours that are now spreading like harmattan fire over the doctoral degree status of President Goodluck Jonathan. The allegations have neither legs nor grounds to stand on and we hope that its purveyors will now rest in silence.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the authorities of the University wish to state without equivocation that Mr. Goodluck Jonathan, as he then was, was among 422 students, who matriculated in 1977. He was admitted into the then Department of Zoology, now Animal and Environmental Biology in the then School of Biological Sciences, now a Faculty in the new College of Natural and Applied Sciences.

“At the end of a successful residency period, Jonathan was awarded the Bachelor of Science (Upper Division) in 1981. It was rumoured among students that the young university was reluctant to award the First Class to its pioneer class in an effort to consolidate its academic profile,” Wodi said.

He said the President later enrolled into the postgraduate programme and obtained the Master of Science degree in Hydrobiology and Fisheries in 1985 and crowned his academic pursuit in the University with the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Zoology in 1995.

He said, “From the above account, it has become obvious that Dr. Jonathan successfully completed the prescribed courses and programmes as specified by the Senate of the University of Port Harcourt to earn his degrees from the university.”

Stressing that the university remains proud of Jonathan, Wodi advised any person or organisations in need of further information on the educational qualification of the President or any other student of the institution to contact authorities of the university.

“We have absolutely nothing to hide as an institution that has a statutory mandate to advance the frontiers of knowledge,” Wodi added.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Do lack of thesis nullify his phd?
Just asking.
PHD is different from MSC and BSc because you spend your entire years of your PHd working under a professor on your thesis,,,,,it has a minimum of four years,,,so in that four years, you are to work on your thesis,,witout the thesis, there is no PHD
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nctrice:
and what if after rounding up your Msc by God's grace, and somebody opens his or her mouth in front of you and say "for you to have an MSC on structure you must first have a B.ENG so show us the project you wrote that got you your B.ENG!

On the scale of 0 to 10 how sane would you say that person is?

PHD is different from MSC and BSc because you spend the entire years of your PHd working under a professor on your thesis,,,,,it has a minimum of four years,,,so in that four years, you are to work on your thesis,,witout the thesis, there is no PHD
And the PHD has to be published for people to read and make reference to.
since the invention of the internet, people started publishing there PhD thesis online,,, so GEJ phd ought to be online
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by nellyjohn: 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
Finally, the truth is out. Where are all those fools asking for his thesis trying to compare Ph .D certificate to that of WAEC.
For me, it's GEJ all d way becos I can neva have a semi illiterate like buhari as my president.
Long live GEJ
Long live PDP
Long live Nigeria
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
I apologise for the typographical error in my comment but i doubt if you have the relevant qualifications to Question my B.ENG obtained after five years in Federal University Of Technology,Minna,,,,i graduated with a CGPA OF 4.29.......And by the time i finish my MSC and subsequently my PHD , i would publish my PHD thesis for all to read and make reference to.
Instead of understanding the message of my Comment, You are attacking the messenger,
Such levels of thinking is wat has left us in this present abysmal levels of development.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 12:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
tonytony208:

you are asking the wrong people. Shèbí you know who is supposed to publish theses(es)? I suggest you go ask the person. And if you feel it is a lie, go and sue gej for perjury. If not, KEEP QUIET FOR EVER. While you are at it, ask buhari too for his waec examination number.
The fact that the academic Qualifications of the Presidential candidates of the two main political parties is being called into Question shows why Nigeria is filled with Illiterates like you
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by tonytony208(m): 12:50pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

PHD is different from MSC and BSc because you spend the entire years of your PHd working under a professor on your thesis,,,,,it has a minimum of four years,,,so in that four years, you are to work on your thesis,,witout the thesis, there is no PHD
since the invention of the internet, people started publishing there PhD thesis online,,, so GEJ phd ought to be online

1. internet was not popular when GEJ finished his PhD.

2. Publishing your thesis online is a matter of choice and not a prerequisite for the authenticity of your degree.

2. When will you learn the difference btw "there" and "their"? Maybe we should begin to question the authenticity of your B. ENG. I mean, my pry 6 nephew won't make such stupid mistake.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by tonytony208(m): 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

The fact that the academic Qualifications of the Presidential candidates of the two main political parties is being called into Question shows why Nigeria is filled with Illiterates like you

1. Mr. President's Qualifications are not in doubt; it is pull-him-down set of people like you that are making an issue out of it.

2. The fact that you can't differentiate btw "there" and "their" proves that you must be a retard. Nigeria has spoilt sha. If not, retards with very poor understanding of english language like you won't be the ones saying someone else' qualification is false.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
While idiots like you continue to master the English language, Your counterparts in China just hit the $10trn GDP mark,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by Nctrice(m): 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

now instead of aTtempting my question you are here telling ME what it takes to have a PhD.?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by tonytony208(m): 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:
While idiots like you continue to master the English language, Your counterparts in China just hit the $10trn GDP mark,,,,,,,

imagine this steupid entity making reference to another country. With all your doubtful qualifications, what had Nigeria benefited from you?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
tonytony208:

imagine this steupid entity making reference to another country. With all your doubtful qualifications, what had Nigeria benefited from you?
If you were not so foolish and dumb , you would know as at 30years ago Nigeria was far better than China and some south east Asian countries.
And Nigeria Benefits from me by my efforts to educate children in my street and offering free tutorials on relevant subjects
And also by trying by best to enlighten Illiterates like you
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by tonytony208(m): 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

If you were not so foolish and dumb , you would know as at 30years ago Nigeria was far better than China and some south east Asian countries.
And Nigeria Benefits from me by my efforts to educate children in my street and offering free tutorials on relevant subjects
And also by trying by best to enlighten Illiterates like you

it is only an advanced illiterate that can recognize another illiterate. Pple like you are disgusting. They sing self-praises like like dumbidiots decked with internal rubbish.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2015
tonytony208:

it is only an advanced illiterate that can recognize another illiterate. Pple like you are disgusting. They sing self-praises like like dumbidiots decked with internal rubbish.
"Stop thinking like Nigerian and think like a Human"
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by xtian234(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

lolz......we are talking about Doctorate degree here meaning that he had acquired first and second degree we can make do with it.......Buhari has never seen the fore world of the tetiary institution b4 o'level is not even ok left alone first degree.GEK all the way.......buhari is too dull and timid to be a Nigeria president
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by tonytony208(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

"Stop thinking like Nigerian and think like a Human"

according to your thoughtless writ, Nigerians are not humans. Without doubt, you are a Nigerian and that means you are not human. What are you then? A beast? An inanimate?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
podosci:

As someone who claims to have a degree in engineering I expect you to know that the minimum number of years expected for completion of a Ph.D is three years and not four as you wrote. Secondly, senior lecturers and readers of high academic standing can also supervise Ph.D thesis not necessarily professors. As for Jonathan's thesis it's obvious it's not online but there's a copy at the dept of Zoology's library if you care so much for it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Certificate Is Authentic by podosci(m): 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
tonytony208:

according to your thoughtless writ, Nigerians are not humans. Without doubt, you are a Nigerian and that means you are not human. What are you then? A beast? An inanimate?
Majority of Nigerians think like you, They have abysmal levels of thinking coupled with years of poverty and Neglect....Since majority determines the whole, we can safely say Nigerians think like Idiots and are dragging the few Enlightened once backward
I cannot Blame you for Being in Poverty or thinking stupidly but I can blame you for refusing to change your status and mentality
A single tree starts a forest, therefore if I can change you, then we can change the country and make Nigeria great again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics: Vintage Cars At Uruguay Presidential Inauguration / How I Traveled To Europe By Road / “jonathan Bombed Abuja Oct 1st; Begged Me To Blame North,” Henry Okah Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.