Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Which Documents For A Containerised Car. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Documents For A Containerised Car. (702 Views)

Clear Ur Consignment With Ease, Roro & Containerised / Call For Ur Clearing Of Goods Both Roro & Containerised @ Tincan Island Apapa / Call For Ur Clearing Of Goods Both Roro & Containerised @ Tincan Island Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Documents For A Containerised Car. by evantical: 11:35am On Jan 25, 2015
Please gurus in the house,I am about to buy a car but the dealer showed me a Duty paper paid for the whole container which comprises other cars.is that document enough or should each car in the container have its own duty paper?He said the car came with goods and other cars in one container.In the documents, it outlined the vehicles, models and total cost of duties. It was Tincan/Apapa cleared .
Re: Which Documents For A Containerised Car. by evantical: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
Still expecting answers please
Re: Which Documents For A Containerised Car. by USAutoBuy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
Vehicles shipped in containers (up to 4 mostly) will only have 1 document. All you will get is a copy for the most part. As long as the vehicle you are buying is listed on the document. you will be fine

Good luck
Re: Which Documents For A Containerised Car. by evantical: 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
USAutobuy.thanks.I was expecting to see an original motor vehicle duty certificate from Customs.just like first vehicle.But in this case I just saw photocopies of documents showing Custom duties paid and shipping.Can the photocopies of these documents cover me If I buy the car?
Re: Which Documents For A Containerised Car. by otedola1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
To bee very sure, write the Custom reference number to Custom officer to help you confirm
Mean the C 24562
Best regard

Am Clearing & Forwarding Agent
Olalekan Kazeem
Re: Which Documents For A Containerised Car. by USAutoBuy(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
evantical:
USAutobuy.thanks.I was expecting to see an original motor vehicle duty certificate from Customs.just like first vehicle.But in this case I just saw photocopies of documents showing Custom duties paid and shipping.Can the photocopies of these documents cover me If I buy the car?

YES. All the contents of a container are treated as ONE. That is why there is only 1 original that will be issued. All cars will be listed on one original document. Everyone cannot get original. Even if you clear RORO, you drive around with copies.

No shaking, you are covered as long as its a genuine document.

As pointed out by the other member, you can still do your due diligence and verify the authenticity of the document itself as you would if the vehicle is RORO. As long as that one is good, you are good

Regards
Re: Which Documents For A Containerised Car. by evantical: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
Thanks pals .You guys are wonderful.

(1) (Reply)

PRISTINE 2008 Honda Accord Toks- 4Cylinder (Super Clean) Leather + Formaica / Nigerian Used 2008 Toyota Corolla / Nigerian Used 2000 Model LEXUS RX300 Full OPTIONSS Use For Sale.1,150k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.