Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? (2706 Views)

When You Mix Ghana And Nigerian Jollof Rice (Video) / Would You Eat This Preserved Jollof Rice? / Tanzanian Lady: "Ghanaian Jollof Rice Is Better Than Nigerian Jollof Rice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by AkProsper(m): 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
WHEN COOKING JOLLOF RICE, WHY DOES THE RICE UNDER GET BURNT BEFORE THE RICE GET DONE?.
UNLIKE COOKING WHITE WHITE RICE.
Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by Unionised(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
The concoction you concocted usually sinks to the bottom.

Bad formula...

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by adonisgold: 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
You are cooking it the wrong way.
Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by kestolove95(m): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
While cooking..dont dip in spoon to turn it...leav it til it's done finally,den drop and turn it..no burn rice will be found in it
Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by Elslim: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
bcoz na hm de near d fire
Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by EfemenaXY: 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
AkProsper:
WHEN COOKING JOLLOF RICE, WHY DOES THE RICE UNDER GET BURNT BEFORE THE RICE GET DONE?.

Use a non-stick pot in cooking. Even if you stir the contents a thousand times while cooking, it won't stick to the bottom of your pot and therefore won't burn.

If however you haven't got a non-stick pot, then make sure you stir the contents of your pot properly before placing it on fire to cook. Also make sure your fire is turned down to the very lowest setting so it cooks slowly.

Don't worry about the rice coming out soggy. It won't, as long as you didn't add too much water from the start. Less is better. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by veave(f): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
Next time, turn with a spatula-(aka garri turner) instead of a spoon.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by sunnshyn(f): 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
On a lighter note..

Why do we Nigerians refer to the cooking place or cooking appliance as "fire"? E.g - put the pot on the fire to cook...I'm also guilty of this.

I remember once I told my colleague(Namibian) who was cooking at the time to check her food on the fire...omo! This chic ran. I was shocked. Until she told me she thought I said her food was on fire...I so laughed!!..

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by veave(f): 9:50am On Jan 29, 2015
sunnshyn:
On a lighter note..

Why do we Nigerians refer to the cooking place or cooking appliance as "fire"? E.g - put the pot on the fire to cook...I'm also guilty of this.

I remember once I told my colleague(Namibian) who was cooking at the time to check her food on the fire...omo! This chic ran. I was shocked. Until she told me she thought I said her food was on fire...I so laughed!!..

Biko educate me. What are we supposed to say? I use it too
Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by gracile(f): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
don't stir the rice after its boiling point and put enough quantity of water when or after adding ingredients so you don't have to add water to it when it's drying because it's undone
Re: Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? by aydelicious: 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
Are two reasons while the Jollof Rice get burnt when cooking
1,if cooking heat is too high,the jollof rice will get burnt.
2,if you don't turn the jollof rice when is on the cooking gas ,the jollof Rice will get burnt(atlise every 7 or 10 minutes the rice most be turning till rice will be done.
AkProsper:

(1) (Reply)

Eva Or Ragolis: Which Is The Best Table Water? / Red Bull Energy Drink Has Cocaine / Where To Get Okporoko Stockfish Cheap In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.